OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2020, 05:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Rinforzando wrote:
Is the Super Glanti in 1.6mm slower than the Störkraft in 1.2mm ?
Yes

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2020, 05:52 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
So I can assume that Super Glanti 1.6 blocks are shorter than Störkraft 1.2 ? What about the throw angle ? And the spin reversal ? I'm looking for the best reversal and the lower throw with the ability to short block.

I'm sorry to ask all these questions ^^'. I bought recently a Xiom Icecream AZX blade (off + blade) and I was wondering if I'd put a SG 1.6 or a Störkraft with a thinner sponge...

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2020, 06:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
So I can assume that Super Glanti 1.6 blocks are shorter than Störkraft 1.2 ? What about the throw angle ? And the spin reversal ? I'm looking for the best reversal and the lower throw with the ability to short block.

I'm sorry to ask all these questions ^^'. I bought recently a Xiom Icecream AZX blade (off + blade) and I was wondering if I'd put a SG 1.6 or a Störkraft with a thinner sponge...
Störkraft 1.6 would be best I guess. Superglanti may give a little more spin reversal on blocks but in most other aspects Störkraft is better, and slower with that sponge. But it is a matter of technique, taste, what feel of the anti you like, and what goes well with your blade. Difficult to say, you have to try.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2020, 04:32 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Can anybody compare it to Scandal? It looks like it is a little faster, the balls don't seem to drop as short.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 22:24 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
I have a simple question:

Is Storkraft 1.6 slower than Transformer ES 1.2, regards to short blocks against topspin or flat hit?

I am satified with Transormer ES with Timo Ball ALC. But, on forehand I use Firestorm 2.1 where I need faster rubber, like the fastest inverted rubber, to attack opponents easy balls without compromise. Unfortunately, short pips are slower than inverted, yet. Because of this i use booster falco on Firestorm which it is OK , but using booster have other problems.... I found that forehand with Firestorm 2.1 is perfect for offensive play with Palio TCT, or similar stiff off+ blade! :D
However, frictionless antis play whorse on that blades. :@ Throw angle is low, which is good, but less spinreveral. Main problems are longer blocks, with less spinreverse, where good players finish rally easily :envy: . With Tranformer ES and TB Alc (or similar off or off- blades ) I can block first spin short, so opponent have to push or loop that ball slower, gently which is key. I try to find slower fanti to work well with that stiff off+ blade like Palio TCT, enough slow to block first topspin short!

Any recomendation?

Def Attack, a kindly ask you to give me advice, because you tried Palio TCT with Starcraft.....

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 22:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mataxxl wrote:

Is Storkraft 1.6 slower than Transformer ES 1.2, regards to short blocks against topspin or flat hit?

I am satified with Transormer ES with Timo Ball ALC. But, on forehand I use Firestorm 2.1 where I need faster rubber, like the fastest inverted rubber, to attack opponents easy balls without compromise. Unfortunately, short pips are slower than inverted, yet. Because of this i use booster falco on Firestorm which it is OK , but using booster have other problems.... I found that forehand with Firestorm 2.1 is perfect for offensive play with Palio TCT, or similar stiff off+ blade! :D
However, frictionless antis play whorse on that blades. :@ Throw angle is low, which is good, but less spinreveral. Main problems are longer blocks, with less spinreverse, where good players finish rally easily :envy: . With Tranformer ES and TB Alc (or similar off or off- blades ) I can block first spin short, so opponent have to push or loop that ball slower, gently which is key. I try to find slower fanti to work well with that stiff off+ blade like Palio TCT, enough slow to block first topspin short!

Any recomendation?

Def Attack, a kindly ask you to give me advice, because you tried Palio TCT with Starcraft.....
Störkraft 1.6 works nice on TCT. It is a lot slower than Transformer ES. Super Glanti (Barna) is also good on TCT, but perhaps a little faster (in 0.8 Störkraft is faster than SuperGlanti).

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 22:37 

Def-attack wrote:
mataxxl wrote:

Any recomendation?

Störkraft 1.6 works nice on TCT. It is a lot slower than Transformer ES. Super Glanti (Barna) is also good on TCT, but perhaps a little faster (in 0.8 Störkraft is faster than SuperGlanti).

Thank you a lot Def Attack

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 17:41 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

From my blog:
Last week I tried a new blade, a Palio V1. Double soft carbon layers on a 7 ply blade. Still only 79 gram so one of my lightest blades. It has a nice feel to it, controlled, and a little softer thsn my previous, but many gears so good speed when you hit hard. Clearly higher throw and more spin than the TS3. My opponents suddenly had more problems with my serves because of the spin.

And, it worked good with anti. 1.6 mm Störkraft was very slow but good spin reversal and ok throw angle. Ok against back spin but difficult against no spin. But it was clear that I need a blade that works with 1.2 mm, blocks with 1.6 mm are too high and attacking back spin is not good enough. TS3 does not work with 1.2 mm, too fast and it somehow kills the spin on blocks.

So, I then I removed the top sheet from the sponge and put it on an 1.2 mm (around 1.2 mm at least, not really sure). This worked ok on V1. Low angle on blocks, good for attacking back spin, nice back spin and not too fast, but I think there could be even better back spin.

I have 4 new blades to try, hopefully this week :).

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 20:40 
Super User

With the help of some members of the french forum, we discovered what was the outer ply of the Deluxe Carbon and Triumph, anigre and birch respectively.(not sure at 100% though)
Anigre looks like koto but a bit more elastic so it is still a hard wood. (990 lbf)
Birch is harder and more elastic than anigre. (~1260lbf but it depends where it comes)

Both blades gives very good spin reversal according to Amir, so I guess you still need to play with a hard blade to optimize spin reversal.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2020, 00:52 

Def-attack wrote:
From my blog:
Last week I tried a new blade, a Palio V1. Double soft carbon layers on a 7 ply blade. Still only 79 gram so one of my lightest blades. It has a nice feel to it, controlled, and a little softer thsn my previous, but many gears so good speed when you hit hard. Clearly higher throw and more spin than the TS3. My opponents suddenly had more problems with my serves because of the spin.

And, it worked good with anti. 1.6 mm Störkraft was very slow but good spin reversal and ok throw angle. Ok against back spin but difficult against no spin. But it was clear that I need a blade that works with 1.2 mm, blocks with 1.6 mm are too high and attacking back spin is not good enough. TS3 does not work with 1.2 mm, too fast and it somehow kills the spin on blocks.

So, I then I removed the top sheet from the sponge and put it on an 1.2 mm (around 1.2 mm at least, not really sure). This worked ok on V1. Low angle on blocks, good for attacking back spin, nice back spin and not too fast, but I think there could be even better back spin.

I have tryed a lot of flantis in past. If you can find blade that work good in medium DMS sponge range ~ 1.2 is the best option. Only Amir has adventage on less than 1 mm. Long block, anti only for attack backspin. Also thickest version is slow with high angle blocks.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 08:21 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mataxxl wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
From my blog:

I have tryed a lot of flantis in past. If you can find blade that work good in medium DMS sponge range ~ 1.2 is the best option. Only Amir has adventage on less than 1 mm. Long block, anti only for attack backspin. Also thickest version is slow with high angle blocks.
After lots of tests Stiga Clipper wood (no WRB or CR) works great with 1.2 mm Störkraft, although a little fast. Palio V1 is also good, a little more controlle, flat arc but a little less back spin. I guess any rigid 7 layer wood with a rather soft outer ply works. But I will probably settle for a Clipper now for this season.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 18:48 
Super User

I tried Störkraft 1.2 on a Icecream azx last thursday. The arc is sooooo flat ! Flatter than my actual combo. It was very impressive. Unfortunately I didn't encounter any good spin players so I can't report about the spin reversal at the moment.

I will try to find a good topspin partner next week.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 00:47 

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Hybrid
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C 2.1
BH: DMS STÖRKRAFT 0.8
All,

Here's a video of me playing with STÖRKRAFT. Like it better than other DMS FAs thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOqpX-47S8&t=1s

Thanks
Vinay

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 01:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

slipstream wrote:
All,

Here's a video of me playing with STÖRKRAFT. Like it better than other DMS FAs thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOqpX-47S8&t=1s

Thanks
Vinay
Looks good! Tricky for your opponent with two red rubbers, especially when you twiddle :D.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 01:26 

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Hybrid
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C 2.1
BH: DMS STÖRKRAFT 0.8
lol..true.. I ordered both reds by mistake. Given that there are no tournaments now, I've let them be.
The opponent is still a very good player. He was the US Open Champion in the over 30 men's in 2018.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!