OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Jan 2021, 14:50


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2020, 05:15 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 4174
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 465 times
Blade: Sword Final Strike
FH: DHS H3
BH: Barna SuperGlanti 1.6
Rinforzando wrote:
Is the Super Glanti in 1.6mm slower than the Störkraft in 1.2mm ?
Yes

_________________
Getting better - health and game | Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2020, 05:52 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2019, 01:24
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Blade: JS Custom
FH: Vo>102 2.0mm
BH: Super Glanti 1.6mm
So I can assume that Super Glanti 1.6 blocks are shorter than Störkraft 1.2 ? What about the throw angle ? And the spin reversal ? I'm looking for the best reversal and the lower throw with the ability to short block.

I'm sorry to ask all these questions ^^'. I bought recently a Xiom Icecream AZX blade (off + blade) and I was wondering if I'd put a SG 1.6 or a Störkraft with a thinner sponge...

_________________
Setup 1: JS Custom; FH: Victas Vo>102 2.0mm; BH: Barna Original Super Glanti 1.6mm
Setup 2: Xiom Icecream AZX; FH: Andro Rasanter R47 2.0mm ; BH: Der Materialspezialist Strörkraft 1.2mm
Setup 3: OSP Immune OX Pushblocker; FH: Victas Vo>102 1.8mm; BH: Barna Original Super Glanti 0.8mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2020, 06:22 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 4174
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 465 times
Blade: Sword Final Strike
FH: DHS H3
BH: Barna SuperGlanti 1.6
Rinforzando wrote:
So I can assume that Super Glanti 1.6 blocks are shorter than Störkraft 1.2 ? What about the throw angle ? And the spin reversal ? I'm looking for the best reversal and the lower throw with the ability to short block.

I'm sorry to ask all these questions ^^'. I bought recently a Xiom Icecream AZX blade (off + blade) and I was wondering if I'd put a SG 1.6 or a Störkraft with a thinner sponge...
Störkraft 1.6 would be best I guess. Superglanti may give a little more spin reversal on blocks but in most other aspects Störkraft is better, and slower with that sponge. But it is a matter of technique, taste, what feel of the anti you like, and what goes well with your blade. Difficult to say, you have to try.

_________________
Getting better - health and game | Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2020, 04:32 
Offline
Darth Pips
Darth Pips
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2007, 03:59
Posts: 4567
Location: St Francis, WI, USA
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Blade: DMS Carbon Deluxe
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
Can anybody compare it to Scandal? It looks like it is a little faster, the balls don't seem to drop as short.

_________________
"The greatest teacher, failure is"
USATT Rating: 1708
Blade: DMS Carbon Deluxe
FH Rubber: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH Rubber: DMS Scandal 1.2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 22:24 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2014, 09:30
Posts: 87
Location: Serbia
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: DMS Firestorm 2.1
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
I have a simple question:

Is Storkraft 1.6 slower than Transformer ES 1.2, regards to short blocks against topspin or flat hit?

I am satified with Transormer ES with Timo Ball ALC. But, on forehand I use Firestorm 2.1 where I need faster rubber, like the fastest inverted rubber, to attack opponents easy balls without compromise. Unfortunately, short pips are slower than inverted, yet. Because of this i use booster falco on Firestorm which it is OK , but using booster have other problems.... I found that forehand with Firestorm 2.1 is perfect for offensive play with Palio TCT, or similar stiff off+ blade! :D
However, frictionless antis play whorse on that blades. :@ Throw angle is low, which is good, but less spinreveral. Main problems are longer blocks, with less spinreverse, where good players finish rally easily :envy: . With Tranformer ES and TB Alc (or similar off or off- blades ) I can block first spin short, so opponent have to push or loop that ball slower, gently which is key. I try to find slower fanti to work well with that stiff off+ blade like Palio TCT, enough slow to block first topspin short!

Any recomendation?

Def Attack, a kindly ask you to give me advice, because you tried Palio TCT with Starcraft.....

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UXoiMAAZDQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 22:32 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 4174
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 465 times
Blade: Sword Final Strike
FH: DHS H3
BH: Barna SuperGlanti 1.6
mataxxl wrote:
I have a simple question:

Is Storkraft 1.6 slower than Transformer ES 1.2, regards to short blocks against topspin or flat hit?

I am satified with Transormer ES with Timo Ball ALC. But, on forehand I use Firestorm 2.1 where I need faster rubber, like the fastest inverted rubber, to attack opponents easy balls without compromise. Unfortunately, short pips are slower than inverted, yet. Because of this i use booster falco on Firestorm which it is OK , but using booster have other problems.... I found that forehand with Firestorm 2.1 is perfect for offensive play with Palio TCT, or similar stiff off+ blade! :D
However, frictionless antis play whorse on that blades. :@ Throw angle is low, which is good, but less spinreveral. Main problems are longer blocks, with less spinreverse, where good players finish rally easily :envy: . With Tranformer ES and TB Alc (or similar off or off- blades ) I can block first spin short, so opponent have to push or loop that ball slower, gently which is key. I try to find slower fanti to work well with that stiff off+ blade like Palio TCT, enough slow to block first topspin short!

Any recomendation?

Def Attack, a kindly ask you to give me advice, because you tried Palio TCT with Starcraft.....
Störkraft 1.6 works nice on TCT. It is a lot slower than Transformer ES. Super Glanti (Barna) is also good on TCT, but perhaps a little faster (in 0.8 Störkraft is faster than SuperGlanti).

_________________
Getting better - health and game | Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 22:37 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2014, 09:30
Posts: 87
Location: Serbia
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: DMS Firestorm 2.1
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Def-attack wrote:
mataxxl wrote:
I have a simple question:

Is Storkraft 1.6 slower than Transformer ES 1.2, regards to short blocks against topspin or flat hit?

I am satified with Transormer ES with Timo Ball ALC. But, on forehand I use Firestorm 2.1 where I need faster rubber, like the fastest inverted rubber, to attack opponents easy balls without compromise. Unfortunately, short pips are slower than inverted, yet. Because of this i use booster falco on Firestorm which it is OK , but using booster have other problems.... I found that forehand with Firestorm 2.1 is perfect for offensive play with Palio TCT, or similar stiff off+ blade! :D
However, frictionless antis play whorse on that blades. :@ Throw angle is low, which is good, but less spinreveral. Main problems are longer blocks, with less spinreverse, where good players finish rally easily :envy: . With Tranformer ES and TB Alc (or similar off or off- blades ) I can block first spin short, so opponent have to push or loop that ball slower, gently which is key. I try to find slower fanti to work well with that stiff off+ blade like Palio TCT, enough slow to block first topspin short!

Any recomendation?

Def Attack, a kindly ask you to give me advice, because you tried Palio TCT with Starcraft.....
Störkraft 1.6 works nice on TCT. It is a lot slower than Transformer ES. Super Glanti (Barna) is also good on TCT, but perhaps a little faster (in 0.8 Störkraft is faster than SuperGlanti).


Thank you a lot Def Attack

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UXoiMAAZDQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 17:41 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 4174
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 465 times
Blade: Sword Final Strike
FH: DHS H3
BH: Barna SuperGlanti 1.6
From my blog:
Last week I tried a new blade, a Palio V1. Double soft carbon layers on a 7 ply blade. Still only 79 gram so one of my lightest blades. It has a nice feel to it, controlled, and a little softer thsn my previous, but many gears so good speed when you hit hard. Clearly higher throw and more spin than the TS3. My opponents suddenly had more problems with my serves because of the spin.

And, it worked good with anti. 1.6 mm Störkraft was very slow but good spin reversal and ok throw angle. Ok against back spin but difficult against no spin. But it was clear that I need a blade that works with 1.2 mm, blocks with 1.6 mm are too high and attacking back spin is not good enough. TS3 does not work with 1.2 mm, too fast and it somehow kills the spin on blocks.

So, I then I removed the top sheet from the sponge and put it on an 1.2 mm (around 1.2 mm at least, not really sure). This worked ok on V1. Low angle on blocks, good for attacking back spin, nice back spin and not too fast, but I think there could be even better back spin.

I have 4 new blades to try, hopefully this week :).

_________________
Getting better - health and game | Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2020, 20:40 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2019, 01:24
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Blade: JS Custom
FH: Vo>102 2.0mm
BH: Super Glanti 1.6mm
With the help of some members of the french forum, we discovered what was the outer ply of the Deluxe Carbon and Triumph, anigre and birch respectively.(not sure at 100% though)
Anigre looks like koto but a bit more elastic so it is still a hard wood. (990 lbf)
Birch is harder and more elastic than anigre. (~1260lbf but it depends where it comes)

Both blades gives very good spin reversal according to Amir, so I guess you still need to play with a hard blade to optimize spin reversal.

_________________
Setup 1: JS Custom; FH: Victas Vo>102 2.0mm; BH: Barna Original Super Glanti 1.6mm
Setup 2: Xiom Icecream AZX; FH: Andro Rasanter R47 2.0mm ; BH: Der Materialspezialist Strörkraft 1.2mm
Setup 3: OSP Immune OX Pushblocker; FH: Victas Vo>102 1.8mm; BH: Barna Original Super Glanti 0.8mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Jul 2020, 00:52 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2014, 09:30
Posts: 87
Location: Serbia
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: DMS Firestorm 2.1
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
Def-attack wrote:
From my blog:
Last week I tried a new blade, a Palio V1. Double soft carbon layers on a 7 ply blade. Still only 79 gram so one of my lightest blades. It has a nice feel to it, controlled, and a little softer thsn my previous, but many gears so good speed when you hit hard. Clearly higher throw and more spin than the TS3. My opponents suddenly had more problems with my serves because of the spin.

And, it worked good with anti. 1.6 mm Störkraft was very slow but good spin reversal and ok throw angle. Ok against back spin but difficult against no spin. But it was clear that I need a blade that works with 1.2 mm, blocks with 1.6 mm are too high and attacking back spin is not good enough. TS3 does not work with 1.2 mm, too fast and it somehow kills the spin on blocks.

So, I then I removed the top sheet from the sponge and put it on an 1.2 mm (around 1.2 mm at least, not really sure). This worked ok on V1. Low angle on blocks, good for attacking back spin, nice back spin and not too fast, but I think there could be even better back spin.

I have 4 new blades to try, hopefully this week :).


I have tryed a lot of flantis in past. If you can find blade that work good in medium DMS sponge range ~ 1.2 is the best option. Only Amir has adventage on less than 1 mm. Long block, anti only for attack backspin. Also thickest version is slow with high angle blocks.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... UXoiMAAZDQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 08:21 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 4174
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 465 times
Blade: Sword Final Strike
FH: DHS H3
BH: Barna SuperGlanti 1.6
mataxxl wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
From my blog:
Last week I tried a new blade, a Palio V1. Double soft carbon layers on a 7 ply blade. Still only 79 gram so one of my lightest blades. It has a nice feel to it, controlled, and a little softer thsn my previous, but many gears so good speed when you hit hard. Clearly higher throw and more spin than the TS3. My opponents suddenly had more problems with my serves because of the spin.

And, it worked good with anti. 1.6 mm Störkraft was very slow but good spin reversal and ok throw angle. Ok against back spin but difficult against no spin. But it was clear that I need a blade that works with 1.2 mm, blocks with 1.6 mm are too high and attacking back spin is not good enough. TS3 does not work with 1.2 mm, too fast and it somehow kills the spin on blocks.

So, I then I removed the top sheet from the sponge and put it on an 1.2 mm (around 1.2 mm at least, not really sure). This worked ok on V1. Low angle on blocks, good for attacking back spin, nice back spin and not too fast, but I think there could be even better back spin.

I have 4 new blades to try, hopefully this week :).


I have tryed a lot of flantis in past. If you can find blade that work good in medium DMS sponge range ~ 1.2 is the best option. Only Amir has adventage on less than 1 mm. Long block, anti only for attack backspin. Also thickest version is slow with high angle blocks.
After lots of tests Stiga Clipper wood (no WRB or CR) works great with 1.2 mm Störkraft, although a little fast. Palio V1 is also good, a little more controlle, flat arc but a little less back spin. I guess any rigid 7 layer wood with a rather soft outer ply works. But I will probably settle for a Clipper now for this season.

_________________
Getting better - health and game | Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 18:48 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 19 Oct 2019, 01:24
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 14 times
Blade: JS Custom
FH: Vo>102 2.0mm
BH: Super Glanti 1.6mm
I tried Störkraft 1.2 on a Icecream azx last thursday. The arc is sooooo flat ! Flatter than my actual combo. It was very impressive. Unfortunately I didn't encounter any good spin players so I can't report about the spin reversal at the moment.

I will try to find a good topspin partner next week.

_________________
Setup 1: JS Custom; FH: Victas Vo>102 2.0mm; BH: Barna Original Super Glanti 1.6mm
Setup 2: Xiom Icecream AZX; FH: Andro Rasanter R47 2.0mm ; BH: Der Materialspezialist Strörkraft 1.2mm
Setup 3: OSP Immune OX Pushblocker; FH: Victas Vo>102 1.8mm; BH: Barna Original Super Glanti 0.8mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 00:47 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 16 Jul 2020, 00:43
Posts: 6
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C
BH: DMS STÖRKRAFT
All,

Here's a video of me playing with STÖRKRAFT. Like it better than other DMS FAs thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOqpX-47S8&t=1s

Thanks
Vinay


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 01:15 
Offline
Iron Pips
Iron Pips
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2010, 22:07
Posts: 4174
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Has thanked: 655 times
Been thanked: 465 times
Blade: Sword Final Strike
FH: DHS H3
BH: Barna SuperGlanti 1.6
slipstream wrote:
All,

Here's a video of me playing with STÖRKRAFT. Like it better than other DMS FAs thus far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKOqpX-47S8&t=1s

Thanks
Vinay
Looks good! Tricky for your opponent with two red rubbers, especially when you twiddle :D.

_________________
Getting better - health and game | Def-attack's attempts to find balance between defence/attack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2020, 01:26 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 16 Jul 2020, 00:43
Posts: 6
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09C
BH: DMS STÖRKRAFT
lol..true.. I ordered both reds by mistake. Given that there are no tournaments now, I've let them be.
The opponent is still a very good player. He was the US Open Champion in the over 30 men's in 2018.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group