OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Dr Neubauer ABS2EVO
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2021, 04:43 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Completely agree with your assessment Rinforzando!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2021, 17:26 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Hi guys. Thought I would reply here first instead of making a completely new thread.

Can anyone tell me what happens to the abs 2 evo with time, does it gain grip? Lose reversal? Become faster?

I am very reluctant to put time into this rubber if i have to replace it every 4 months or so. It plays gazing but I'd rather just use Dtecs since it seems that lasts a lifetime lol

P.S I active bump/hit quite often and usually/plan to play often vs pretty decent players around 2000-2400 in the future including a bit of training with them once or twice a week.

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 03:19 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Played around 1month with the ABS2 Evo and it was still in a very good shape. I guess after some time it will begin to gain grip (and so lose some reversal) and will become faster.

I have heard the Dtecs lasts a lifetime. In fact, the more you play with, the more toxic it will become. Ox is better than with sponge if you are chasing the best lifetime because a sponge never lasts a lifetime, it will always be damaged at some point.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 04:28 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
Played around 1month with the ABS2 Evo and it was still in a very good shape. I guess after some time it will begin to gain grip (and so lose some reversal) and will become faster.

I have heard the Dtecs lasts a lifetime. In fact, the more you play with, the more toxic it will become. Ox is better than with sponge if you are chasing the best lifetime because a sponge never lasts a lifetime, it will always be damaged at some point.

1 month is too little to tell but I have read after 3 months or so it needs replacing which is just £$£$ I'm not willing to spend. But I was hoping to get more experiences from others first.

I've played Dtecs, it's what I was using before when I was playing modern defence. The sheet I used now is like 3 years old and still feels the same lol.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 08:16 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Ndragon wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

1 month is too little to tell but I have read after 3 months or so it needs replacing which is just £$£$ I'm not willing to spend. But I was hoping to get more experiences from others first.

I've played Dtecs, it's what I was using before when I was playing modern defence. The sheet I used now is like 3 years old and still feels the same lol.

You can keep the topsheet in great shape by cleaning it properly so it won't actually gain grip. The problem is that the thick sponge will eventually start to wear out and the rubber becomes faster and you lose some control. For me that happens after maybe 6 month or so but it obviously heavily depends on how often you practice, how hard you hit with it and how hard your opponents hit into it.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 14:46 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:

You can keep the topsheet in great shape by cleaning it properly so it won't actually gain grip. The problem is that the thick sponge will eventually start to wear out and the rubber becomes faster and you lose some control. For me that happens after maybe 6 month or so but it obviously heavily depends on how often you practice, how hard you hit with it and how hard your opponents hit into it.

Thanks for the info. 6 months I don't mind tbh but I guess it means I have to buy their special cleaning product then, I'll look into it.

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2021, 07:34 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
I played with the ABS2 Evo in 2.3mm for two practice sessions over the weekend and will leave it on my main bat for now.
The Evo has a lower throw than the regular ABS2 which required a little bit of getting adjusted to but once getting used to, the ball can be kept lower on serve returns and aggressive pushes. The Evo has a little harder touch and somewhat higher reversal than regular ABS2 due to a slightly shorter contact time. I was able to keep blocks low and short behind the net so that relooping was difficult for my opponents. My standard practice partner who knows frictionless anti very well, made more mistakes than he normally does.
I will continue to practice with the Evo rubber!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2021, 20:56 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
Test ABS Evo 1.8 on Dr Neubauer Metador Texa Carbon blade:
It matches very well with the blade. 8)

The most things about the ABS EVO are already said in this topic.
I want to add as you guys already know that it is very variable:
Passive block, chop block, defense, active punch block, opening upp with stiff wrist movement,
fast pushing, good attacking possibilities,…
I found the 1.8 version a little bit faster then the 2.1 version. But the 1.8 is better for attacking in general
which is normal, and that is why we wanted to try the 1.8 version: it is little faster and longer on table in blocks with more spinreversal
but little bit better in attacking opportunities. But with more training I guess you can land it just as short with more training.
You can have a good mixed style with it if you use a good technique: you can be very secure / dangerous in the passive play but also put your opponent under little pressure with the very variable use of this rubber :devil:
But of course it takes training. :up:
2 months of use, still pretty good shape.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2021, 22:39 

Blade: Tibhar Absolute Carbon
FH: Tibhar Nimbus Sound
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS 2 EVO max
Hi guys, I started to play with ABS 2 evo about six months ago and I wanted to address some of the questions here. First of all I love this rubber. After a very long time I can say that I found a direct replacement of the original super block that fits my game style. I know some of you might not agree but then again, I wasn't using the Super Block like most people did. I'm quite an agresive modern defender, but only agresive with the forehand not anti. I'm only using the anti to give me perfect placement for the third shot. Both my style and my level are similar Andrea Aschi, he is using abs 2 evo and has a youtube channel, he plays is second division national league in Italy. I took a break for 6 years from table tennis and now I just play in regional league in London, division one, but I think I can get to division 2 national league within a year.

Where I find that this rubber excels is the incredibly slow sponge combined with the nearly frictionless top sheet. One of the areas where I was really relying on the super block was the return of spinny serves, particularly the kick serves where a lot of the players hide the bat behind the tshirt and you can't see if it's top spin or backspin. This is where this rubber does the magic, the control of this rubber on the return of the serve is unbelievable, I can return short or long, always wide or in the body, regardless of spin I get, which gives me awkward return on the third shot and allows me a good attack.

On the block side, the speed is where the magic happens which allows me to block really consistently, with a little reversal but good half length. This is where a lot of people complain about this rubber that the reversal is not great but this rubber is not about reversal. It's about having the ability to block 10 top spins in a row with good placement variation. Another feature that this rubber needs is twiddling. This another area where people get it wrong and complain that it's not a good rubber. The first time the opponent is pushing you can't push back with the anti. Since the reversal of the ruber is not great, (one of the worst in fact), you can only do do it if it's a strong backspin from the opponent which means that an aggressive wide push will create a good amount of wobble and destabilise the opponent. In 80% of the cases I agresively dig back with the grippy rubber which forces the spinny topspin that this rubber loves to block. In 10% of the cases I spin with the grippy rubber on the backhand and 10% push wide with the anti.

Last but not least, chopping. The ease of chopping that this rubber gives me is fantastic. Again, because of the slow sponge and nearly frictionless top sheet I can return almost anything. One thing I noticed and use to my advantage is that the reversal when I dig a good chop far from the table is superb. I can give more backspin with this anti than a lot of other pimples I tried, including p1r. Rarely I see people spinning more than 3 on my backhand when I'm far from the table (maybe when I'll get to a higher level). This shows that this "nearly" frictionless gives me the edge I need far from table. Some team mates seeing the way I chop suggested that I would give more reversal with pimples, but even if that would be the case I wouldn't change it as I wouldn't have anywhere near the same control on serve return and blocks.

In conclusion, this rubber it may not be the best at blocking as it doesn't give dodgy wobbles, not the best at reversal and not the best at chopping but it's definitely in top 3 at all 3. Just don't expect the ruber to win the point. If used right, it will not loose it either.

Lastly, durability: this is my first anti so I can compare. I played with this ruber about twice a week for 6 months and it's going strong. It's almost like it's maturing and I feel like it's bouncing slower and slower every time. Maybe I'm just mastering the skill of not holding the bat tight when I'm blocking. I think I'll change it once a year. I'm cleaning it with normal rubber cleaning product every time before use as any dirt I may have in the bag will make it more grippy. I even changed it from a defensive blade to an offensive carbon blade and it works like a charm. Now my forehand is a lot more decisive and blocking hasn't changed much. I heard some people saying that either the sponge rips or the top sheet creases and doesn't return back. After I took the rubber off the old blade, the sponge was impeccable. The top sheet had a few creases, but after leaving the rubber for about 3 hours to rest, it returned to the initial pristine condition. See below some phots of the rubber 6 months later after I moved it on the new blade. The only slight esthetic change I see is that after half a year it's slightly shinier, but the behaviour hasn't changed one bit.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
EdImageImageImageImage

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2022, 16:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I have been using this anti the last two trainings, it works great on my favourite blade Stiga Clipper Classic. I like the low trajectory, rather controlled blocks and I see great potential in attacking back spin or no spin (I just need to practice more).

Here is a clip from a match I played yesterday, my opponent is used to playing against me.

https://youtu.be/6VzMiMXYMNc