OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2021, 20:40 

Blade: STW ST-70C.7
FH: SUPR999T
BH: DR.FREEZE
superglanti versus storkraft versus ABS2 which has lower friction ? I want to buy a surface friction lowest, please tell me some ideas .Thank you!!

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2021, 21:24 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
orocwc1988 wrote:
superglanti versus storkraft versus ABS2 which has lower friction ? I want to buy a surface friction lowest, please tell me some ideas .Thank you!!
SuperGlanti has the lowest friction.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2021, 03:22 

Def-attack wrote:
orocwc1988 wrote:
SuperGlanti has the lowest friction.

Thank you. I'm watching your video. I like the video of testing with the machine,Because you can intuitively observe the difference between the rubber. It would be nice to have some precise visual tests of friction and elasticity.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2021, 23:24 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Honestly as far as "friction" goes, all of the antis that I have tried between the DR N ABS 2 versions and the DerMaterialspezialist versions, they are all very similar in being slick. The differences between how they play are primarily due to the rubber composition and the sponge type. If I rub a ball across them I really can't tell a difference, but all of the DMS ones I've tried have clearly more spin reversal than the Dr N ones, while Dr N might be more controllable. It's the classic tradeoff between "effect" and consistency.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2021, 23:31 

dwruck wrote:
Honestly as far as "friction" goes, all of the antis that I have tried between the DR N ABS 2 versions and the DerMaterialspezialist versions, they are all very similar in being slick. The differences between how they play are primarily due to the rubber composition and the sponge type. If I rub a ball across them I really can't tell a difference, but all of the DMS ones I've tried have clearly more spin reversal than the Dr N ones, while Dr N might be more controllable. It's the classic tradeoff between "effect" and consistency.

Your answer clears up my confusion.I'm going to pick someone who hits the ball with a nice voice.I think it would be storkraft.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2021, 23:40 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Just make sure you have a stiff blade to use with these types of rubbers. The first time I tried them I had a defensive blade, the Donic Defplay Senso V3, and they performed poorly. Then I switched to the Dr Neubauer Matador and it was a big difference. I am now using the DMS Deluxe Carbon, a stiff Off- blade, and it works great. These rubbers are very blade dependent so I wanted to ensure you had the right expectations for performance.
These play really different from anything I've ever used, it takes a lot of practice to get used to. I highly recommend watching the videos from Amir Ahmed, he has many posted on the forum here and if you are on YouTube you can find many on the DerMaterialspezialist YouTube channel as well. Vinay Chandra, who is here on the forum, also has some excellent videos and has a YouTube channel. I learned a lot by watching both of them.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2021, 18:29 

dwruck wrote:
Just make sure you have a stiff blade to use with these types of rubbers. The first time I tried them I had a defensive blade, the Donic Defplay Senso V3, and they performed poorly. Then I switched to the Dr Neubauer Matador and it was a big difference. I am now using the DMS Deluxe Carbon, a stiff Off- blade, and it works great. These rubbers are very blade dependent so I wanted to ensure you had the right expectations for performance.
These play really different from anything I've ever used, it takes a lot of practice to get used to. I highly recommend watching the videos from Amir Ahmed, he has many posted on the forum here and if you are on YouTube you can find many on the DerMaterialspezialist YouTube channel as well. Vinay Chandra, who is here on the forum, also has some excellent videos and has a YouTube channel. I learned a lot by watching both of them.

Thank you for your advice,What is Amir's account on Youtobe?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2021, 21:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
orocwc1988 wrote:
dwruck wrote:

Thank you for your advice,What is Amir's account on Youtobe?
https://youtube.com/user/AAWien

But there is not much there. Look at the pips video section here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5233

Also, there are many videos at der Materialspezialist youtube channel.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2021, 22:58 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Most of the videos I've watched of him are either in the video section that Def Attack gave you or on the Der Materialspezialist YouTube page.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2021, 05:17 

I used strokraft once, um...It's got scratches all over it. It's very bruised.Is this normal?
Do you have a more durable anti spin rubber?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2021, 17:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Some of the antispin rubbers have a very wax-like surface, which 'scratches' very easily and you can't remove those marks. So yes, if this is one of those, that's quite normal and should not affect performance.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2021, 05:01 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
I can confirm. ABS 2 evo, super glanti, störkraft, even Vortex "scratches" very fast. It doesn't affect performance

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2021, 03:38 

Rinforzando wrote:
I can confirm. ABS 2 evo, super glanti, störkraft, even Vortex "scratches" very fast. It doesn't affect performance

haggisv wrote:
Some of the antispin rubbers have a very wax-like surface, which 'scratches' very easily and you can't remove those marks. So yes, if this is one of those, that's quite normal and should not affect performance.

Is there rubber that doesn't scratch? Is there any scratch in ABS2 SOFT?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2021, 03:49 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
I spoke a little bit fast the other day. Abs 2 Evo doesn't "scratch" for the moment (~10 hours of play). I have also tested Abs 2 and it does "scratch". Never tested ABS 2 soft though

BH - Slick antispin