OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Spinlord Quokka
PostPosted: 24 May 2021, 18:03 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
Beyond mainstream, there is an anti spin rubber, the Spinlord Quokka.

Review: https://youtu.be/rfGog8tOOno

Post subject: Re: Spinlord Quokka
PostPosted: 24 May 2021, 21:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
As always , congratulations to Croudy on the videos.However,just say here that Quokka may be fine at a medium level but from the test we can see it has not enough disruption.Also,even if it is so great at dealing with backspin the intelligent opponent will serve no spin,.... even if you can chop nicely from mid distance, players normally do not use an anti for chopping as a foundation strategy .....

What do people look for in an anti to try to reach a mediunm high ./ high level?.... what you are already thinking ..... not what we can seee in the video ,imo.Maybe with a different blade the rubber can perform even better but chances are the disruption offered is not going to give you either easy points or a dangerous enough strategy.....

For the record,and let's all be frank about this.Quokka has been on offer for months in the treated version ( you could do some research on the tt shops that benefit from this practice ) , if it is offered in this version, there must be a reason, right?.....

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 05:53 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
charmander defender wrote:
As always , congratulations to Croudy on the videos.However,just say here that Quokka may be fine at a medium level but from the test we can see it has not enough disruption.Also,even if it is so great at dealing with backspin the intelligent opponent will serve no spin,.... even if you can chop nicely from mid distance, players normally do not use an anti for chopping as a foundation strategy .....

What do people look for in an anti to try to reach a mediunm high ./ high level?.... what you are already thinking ..... not what we can seee in the video ,imo.Maybe with a different blade the rubber can perform even better but chances are the disruption offered is not going to give you either easy points or a dangerous enough strategy.....

For the record,and let's all be frank about this.Quokka has been on offer for months in the treated version ( you could do some research on the tt shops that benefit from this practice ) , if it is offered in this version, there must be a reason, right?.....

Which tt shops offer a treated version ? I never found one of this shop

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 17:43 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Rinforzando wrote:

Which tt shops offer a treated version ? I never found one of this shop

You must understand it is not responsible to give such publicity in a post.Maybe I explained myself very wrong . Some people who sell treated rubbers online can offer this anti in the treated version.They clearly specify it is not ITTF Approved.There is also a European online tt shop offering both treated and regular material.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 05:36 

Blade: Turbo 82
FH: Victas 401
BH: Acid Green OX
I assume you mean the Quokka II. The Quokka II is not a new rubber but it uses the same top sheet as the original Quokka but in combination with a much softer and thinner sponge. This sponge is a little bit more elastic than the red Quokka sponge and the color of Q2 is blue. The blue sponge is way slower than the red one.
The Q2 is available with a 1.2 blue sponge while the Q comes with a red 1.5 or 1.8 or 2.0 sponge.

To the discussion if it's ITTF approved: I would say - yes. As far as I know the top sheet needs the approval and then you can combine any sponge. The combination has to be within the overall thickness threshold of 4 mm. The surface must not be manipulated, neither chemically nor physically. Usage of forbidden glues either for glueing the top sheet onto the sponge or the sponge onto the blade is illegal. So if you stick to this regulation you can combine whatever you want.

Some producers use this by standard, like the Italian company "Spinlab". They have invented the Vortex surface and sell (currently) seven different sponges in multiple thickness grades that can be combined individually with the top sheet.

The top sheet has the ITTF approval, of course.

So if charmander defender means this - there is nothing fishy, imho.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 21:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Ganz Opak wrote:
I assume you mean the Quokka II. The Quokka II is not a new rubber but it uses the same top sheet as the original Quokka but in combination with a much softer and thinner sponge. This sponge is a little bit more elastic than the red Quokka sponge and the color of Q2 is blue. The blue sponge is way slower than the red one.
The Q2 is available with a 1.2 blue sponge while the Q comes with a red 1.5 or 1.8 or 2.0 sponge.

To the discussion if it's ITTF approved: I would say - yes. As far as I know the top sheet needs the approval and then you can combine any sponge. The combination has to be within the overall thickness threshold of 4 mm. The surface must not be manipulated, neither chemically nor physically. Usage of forbidden glues either for glueing the top sheet onto the sponge or the sponge onto the blade is illegal. So if you stick to this regulation you can combine whatever you want.

Some producers use this by standard, like the Italian company "Spinlab". They have invented the Vortex surface and sell (currently) seven different sponges in multiple thickness grades that can be combined individually with the top sheet.

I agree with what you've just said .I just remarked that there is an illegal treated version for sale on some tt internet shops .The reason being must be to make the rubber harder to play against .

The pips have the fame for being treated but ,oh mate! , you would be flabbergasted to know how many antis are treated and nobody hardly ever complains or doubts about them being illegal .

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 21:17 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Ganz Opak wrote:

I agree with what you've just said .I just remarked that there is an illegal treated version for sale on some tt internet shops .The reason being must be to make the rubber harder to play against .

The pips have the fame for being treated but ,oh mate! , you would be flabbergasted to know how many antis are treated and nobody hardly ever complains or doubts about them being illegal .

There are liquids to make the anti slicker.Do not be fooled.You will never play in the same way as the anti that Luca M uses for example .

The same goes with the grippy antis.Nobody checks if the anti is treated.Nonetheless,some people look at you suspiciously if your pip performs really well .

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2022, 22:13 

Blade: Turbo 82
FH: Victas 401
BH: Acid Green OX
I see and thx a lot for your notes!
Well I'm totally new to Anti. Usually I'm in long pips such as Kamikaze and Grass D.Tecs. But as I'm really annoyed by the endurance of the OX versions of these rubbers I tried indeed a Quokka (with the "fast" sponge) and was surprised in a positive way. It seems to fit to my style better than the LPs.
Of course I studied the various types of Antis including videos (thx to GeblockTT and Andrea Aschi) I decided to try the Quokka. Also because of the low price and maybe even more important the low weight.
I have seen that there is also the Quokka II with this super slow sponge but in combination with my rather slow blade (Dr Neubauer Barricade, which I use becaus of low weight) this would really be too slow for my style.
What I like is that the Quokka seems to be fast but the speed of the ball fades quickly and the edge of the table seems to be magnetic as so many balls drop right there. :D

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!