OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Yasaka Trick Anti
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 19:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Anybody who tried this one?

https://www.yasaka.se/products/trick-anti/

From Yasaka:
Trick Anti is an anti-spin rubber with extremely slippery surface. By combining a hard low-friction top sheet and a low-elasticity sponge, it is less affected by the power and rotation of the opponent’s spin.
Trick Anti is a rubber that is excellent in offense and defense near the table and helps you create an opportunity to attack.
If you want to play tricky, use Trick Anti to break new ground!
Thickness: 1.5, max.

To me it sounds like a frictionless anti like Neubauer ABS or DMS Reflection or similar.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Yasaka Trick Anti
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 19:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The name alone will probably attract some players...

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 21:57 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Interesting. I was wondering how long it would take one of the more "mainstream" manufacturers to get into the slick anti market.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 15:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

RUBBER IDENTIFICATION needed to implement the Rule 3.2.1.3

we can now see as a general rule with all rubber manufactures worlwide
-- As for Anti's, we can now see as a general rule all the major manufactories keep unwilling to display real numbers of sponge hardness, no possibility for common users to obtain knowledge as yet..

IMPORTANT SUBMISSION TO ITTF EQC.
Yes, we feel it a sound idea to enforce the identity MARKER on sponge backside,
1) Hardness (by Shore A),
2) ITTF ID number,
3) Product Expire Date
must be imprinted on every product, as a part of the rubber identification process.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 19:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
igorponger wrote:
RUBBER IDENTIFICATION needed to implement the Rule 3.2.1.3

we can now see as a general rule with all rubber manufactures worlwide
-- As for Anti's, we can now see as a general rule all the major manufactories keep unwilling to display real numbers of sponge hardness, no possibility for common users to obtain knowledge as yet..

IMPORTANT SUBMISSION TO ITTF EQC.
Yes, we feel it a sound idea to enforce the identity MARKER on sponge backside,
1) Hardness (by Shore A),
2) ITTF ID number,
3) Product Expire Date
must be imprinted on every product, as a part of the rubber identification process.

Once again you're completely off topic! :( :( :(

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021, 12:44 

Blade: donic carbospeed
FH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
BH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
Any one tried it yet? I have only seen one youtube video of it but not sure what to make of it? I also wonder if the top sheet is good enough to switch from one blade to another which seems to be an issue with the frictionless antis.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021, 17:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
rakishman wrote:
Any one tried it yet? I have only seen one youtube video of it but not sure what to make of it? I also wonder if the top sheet is good enough to switch from one blade to another which seems to be an issue with the frictionless antis.
Here is Satoshi Aida testing it, along with Yasaka's classic Anti Power:
https://youtu.be/XCE2xDaiTi8

Satoshi has no clue how to use it though, so this clip does not say much.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021, 21:38 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I just got a sheet of it in 1.5 sponge. Once I've had a hit with it on my robot I'll give my impressions.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 22:41 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Hi everybody. I put the 1.5 Trick Anti on a DMS Deluxe Carbon blade and tested it on my robot against moderate top spin, heavy top spin, moderate under spin and dead balls. This rubber is not a frictionless anti. There is a very slight amount of grip on it, but not much. I know they are not the same type of anti, but I'll use Storkraft 0.9 as my reference point, since I've never really tried a more traditional anti.

- Trick Anti is a little faster than the 0.9 Storkraft. That being said, I didn't have difficulty controlling the rubber and was generally able to keep it on the table, just a little deeper in most cases.
- Trick Anti has a low, flat throw, lower than Storkraft. Defending against top spin, when done properly, product low flat bullets that went deep on the table.
- Hitting with Trick Anti was very good. Again, as you'd expect, balls were lower and faster, while maintaining good control.
- As you'd expect, since it's a little faster, dropping the ball short is a little more difficult with Trick Anti.
- Spin reversal. This one is a little tough to gauge, since I didn't have another player to give me their feedback. That being said, using the same technique as with Storkraft, I felt like I was getting very good spin reversal against top spin. Was it as much as Storkraft? I doubt it. But when the ball would hit on the table and then into the collection tray, they would often jump back and roll onto the table from the reversal. So, if not at frictionless anti level, it felt like a pretty good level.

This is something I'll have to test out more. And I want to get feedback from my coach and other players as to the level of reversal when defending. I also need to see how it plays in the short game. But a big part of my game is being able to attack with my backhand when getting a push or dead ball, and if the attacks are more effective, I will have to seriously consider a switch and giving up a little of the speed reduction.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2021, 04:59 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Follow up on this. Today I had a session with my coach, testing out the Trick Anti and Storkraft in different thicknesses. I'll keep this post focused on the Trick Anti.

- It definitely does not give the same type of reversal as the Storkraft.
- My coach tried it and said that it felt similar to Spinlord Gigant
- Blocking with it gives a fast, flat ball. Not a lot of reversal, mostly dead
- Attacking is really good. You can counter hit against slow to mid speed top spin shots.

Playing with the Trick Anti, I think you would need a very active game where you are attacking a lot with it. It has good control but I don't think you can win off pure defense. Counter attacking is very good and I can see being effective.

I may keep a blade with this on it around for playing against defensive players. The Storkraft can sometimes struggle against other anti players or a style that gives a lot of dead balls (short pips hitters, I'm looking at you). This could be an alternative to help against that.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2022, 03:37 

As it’s not completely frictionless, how did you find for away from table chopping? Could any backspin be imparted? Even slightly?

One shot I like to do is backhand chop long serves using my current grippy anti (NBA 1.8/YAP 1.5) and settle into long defense. These anti give just enough to force opponent to arc their loop instead of just loop killing against this first chop. Obviously, once their loop is arched it plays into our hands by using this to our advantage :D

If this offers a middle ground it could be worth exploring. When I used ABS2 2.5 I found I had to be close to the table at all times. ABS2 Soft 2.5 offered abit more variety in being able to impart ever so slight backspin to chops, though placement was vital otherwise I was a sitting duck.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2022, 00:53 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

The ABS2 versions are more about control, or in the case of Pro, attack. Very unlike the DMS antis, which are about reversal and slowness.
I didn't test the Trick Anti away from the table, but I think it could be useful for that, if you want a lot of control. I could see it giving a little spin anyway.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 19:50 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: TTR-Killer
So I'm currently playing with this anti (2.1).
Two sessions for now - but with different good opponents.
I play with it on Yinhe N11s - all-wood blade with rather soft feeling and some flex. It's not an ideal blade if you want to maximize reversal.
Previous experience - Best Anti (don't remember the feeling even), AntiPower(most recent).
So the TrickAnti is much slower compared to AP and probably slower than BA.
It has less grip than both of them but still has some. Basically it has a more pronounced passive reversal but also gives you the ability to nullify the spin or add some.
I think this is an anti that's about control. Everything seems very easy with it. For the opponents - seems like it's a little harder for them with this one compared to the AP. But can't say that the difference in this aspect is very big.
What I liked: short game, blocks, especially chop-blocks and attacking (the combination of slow speed and some grip and low throw angle give you the ability to hit through almost any ball).
Still getting used to - chopping. It's easy, you can add some spin and the balls are low. It's just that after the AP I still sometimes do not the power that is needed for the chops to land on the opponent's side.
That's it from me for now.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2022, 16:37 

Just put this on Viscaria. Max sponge, red.

Coming from NBA 1.8 and ABS2 Soft 2.5. I have a spare bat with YAP 1.5. Used ABS2 2.5 and YAP 2.0 in the past.

Style: twiddle.

My first initial impressions:

Don’t let the name fool you, it does not have the spin reversal abilities of ABS2 / ABS2 Soft. Weight wise in between traditional grippy anti and Dr Neubauer ABS 2. My bat with Rakza Z EH & ABS2 Soft weight = 170g. Now with YTA 181g. Texture is supple and not cardboard waxy like Dr N. I don’t believe it will crinkle up when transferring to another blade.

Comparison of heaviest to lightest: YAP > NBA > YTA > ABS2 > ABS2 Soft

This is definitely a control anti and about getting as many balls on to the table as possible. Don’t expect to win points outright from reversal, more from change of pace and twiddling/or finishing point with inverted.

A lot lot slower and more control vs ABS2 Soft. Slightly grippy and great for both blocking at the table and far from table chopping. Not as much backspin can be imparted on chops vs NBA though still decent.

Against my slow looping friend he could consistently reloop at the table blocks, seemed to have a lot more trouble against long chop.

To summarise in one sentence, control is amazing as it is SUPER SLOW, suitable for OFF/OFF+ blades, in between frictionless anti and grippy anti, use for twiddle game as change of pace.

I have also ordered a sheet of SpinLord Gigant 1.2 so I will be able to provide a comparison in the future. I have a feeling both of these are in their own class of anti.

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2022, 21:10 

Follow up, attacking vs backspin is very easy, though quite harmless unless there is a lot of backspin to work with and can really hit up through the ball. About the same attacking properties as NBA though with less grip.

Due to the high control, on service return I could place it very short and tight. If returning a no spin or topspin serve short it seemed to die more as it got over the net, a lot of times my opponent would do a sudden lunge forward at the last moment confirming a big braking/dampening effect. These are the same players used to playing against me using ABS2 Soft.

Again, once into a rally disruption not as high as frictionless anti.

I believe if you like NBA and want a noticeably slower and lower overall weight this would be suitable.

For me this has a softer, slightly rubbery feel (though still relatively frictionless) compared to ABS2 Soft (medium hard cardboard, completely frictionless) so YTA seems to be right up my alley. I haven’t played a strong looper yet so these first positive impressions will change once I do. It could even be too slow when out of position on Viscaria.