OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2022, 01:58 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
I actually switched from mp (Dr. N Diamant 1.2) to GlAnti many years ago and in my experience you will have to learn completely new techniques and strategies which will take some time. The newer antis are certainly better than let's say the old ABS but it's still quite different than mp. I have not tested the ABS 2 Pro yet (I have it lying are here but didn't have the time yet to test it) but currently play with the ABS2 Evo, which is good for attacking but to me biggest difference to mp is that you can't hit through topspin. It is good for attacking underspin or no spin but with GlAnti you will always have to block topspin and it is kind of the point of GlAnti with reversal. In my opinion a classic anti like Yasaka Anti Power is much closer to mp but obviously you don't have the reversal of the GlAnti.
Edit: the ABS2 Pro only comes in 2.0mm currently

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2022, 04:18 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Matt I'll be very interested to see what you think of the Pro version. I found that against light top spin I was able to counter hit.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2022, 06:24 
Super User

dwruck wrote:
Matt I'll be very interested to see what you think of the Pro version.

Doug, I finally had a chance to use the Pro in a couple of training session and my impressions more or less agree with you and others already commented. Coming from ABS2 Evo the Pro has a harder more direct touch which I actually liked and I had a good feeling of the ball on the blade. The Pro is faster than the Evo. I was able to counter, hit and also push aggressively probably better than with any other GlAnti before. It was also possible to attack serves over the table. BUT...it is more difficult to block short and also the reversal is less than Evo. Initially my practice partner who knows me very well. looped a couple of blocks over the table commenting that they had less on it. On blocks you have to rely on depths and placement.
I think it's a great rubber for folks who play very aggressively. Luka Mladenovic plays with it but for me it would probably require too much practice.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2022, 06:46 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
Tomorrow I'll finally get to try this new A-B-S PRO as well.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2022, 07:58 
Super User

Pongista92 wrote:
Tomorrow I'll finally get to try this new A-B-S PRO as well.

Great...looking forward to your review. I did actually post a video yesterday on my YouTube channel playing a few training games with the PRO.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2022, 21:45 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I think it's a good rubber but it has to suit a specific style. It's great for someone looking to play an attacking style with control over incoming top spin. Sort of like a medium pip type of game.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 07:03 

Blade: donic carbospeed
FH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
BH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
Hey guys. I just received my ABS 2 pro just to give Dr N flantis a try. I have tried evo 2.3 mm briefly and I did like it on Texa Carbon. Given I am using quite fast blades (super ZLC) I think the pro version was not the best version. Needless to say I also bought 2 pink .6 and 1.0 DMS sponges in case the original sponge wouldn't work. (seems that s gonna be an issue) . So my question here is.
How would I separate the top sheet from this sponge that it came with and what would be the best options to glue the top sheet with the new DMS sponges?
I really liked the 2.3 mm evo and most likely should have bought that version over this (no idea what I was thinking lol) . Your input is greatly appreciated on this subject. I am a SuperGlanti player in .8 mm version so i do attack and block with this rubber, however the ABS 2 topsheet or the evo version was offering so much control but a little bit less reversal but much more attacking ability than the SG.
Thanks

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2022, 22:29 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

When I got the slow DMS sponge and attached it to a sheet of Grass D Tec S long pips I just used glue sheets. The sponges aren't that thick, and considering how they recommend not putting glue right on the sponge if putting the anti on your blade, I figured it would just be easier to put a glue sheet between the rubber and sponge and then another glue sheet between the sponge and blade. Worked great.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2022, 03:09 

dwruck wrote:
When I got the slow DMS sponge and attached it to a sheet of Grass D Tec S long pips I just used glue sheets. The sponges aren't that thick, and considering how they recommend not putting glue right on the sponge if putting the anti on your blade, I figured it would just be easier to put a glue sheet between the rubber and sponge and then another glue sheet between the sponge and blade. Worked great.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation. I ended up doing a trial with a worn out and damaged sheet of transformer I got from a friend with its sponge ( I guess it was its although the top sheet and the sponge had different dimensions) I put them on a hallmark all+ blade and to be frank despite being a damaged sheet it played pretty well. i used waterbased glue on sponge and very little on the pipside. It worked fine and is not separating. Glue sheet also is a good idea as the bond is stable and wouldnt come off easily . On the real sheet of storkraft I have that had a bad sponge i could use it with the pink vortex . Thanks again

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2022, 03:18 

So i tested the ABS 2 pro version on my primary super ZLC blade. Compared to superglanti in 0.8 it s just a tad bit faster and i can still block with confidence with the right technique . compared to superglanti the control is more as expected and the accuracy is better when driving the ball. It is still hard to active block with this sponge despite what it says in its cover. It s a flanti so dont have high expectations in that department. It needs to be paired with a low throw blade

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2022, 05:35 

rakishman wrote:
So i tested the ABS 2 pro version on my primary super ZLC blade. Compared to superglanti in 0.8 it s just a tad bit faster and i can still block with confidence with the right technique . compared to superglanti the control is more as expected and the accuracy is better when driving the ball. It is still hard to active block with this sponge despite what it says in its cover. It s a flanti so dont have high expectations in that department. It needs to be paired with a low throw blade

The angles and the friction are much different than superglanti . one has to change technique and angle especially sideswiping the ball.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2022, 03:01 

My first test with ABS 2 PRO and Matador Texa Carbon

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2022, 03:03 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Pongista92 wrote:
My first test with ABS 2 PRO and Matador Texa Carbon

Is it the gray sponge?
Can you tell me the main difference with the blue sponge and wich one do you like better?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2022, 18:27 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Hi guys,

I´ve glued a ABS 2 pro to my backup blade last night and really like the offensive play.

Does anyone know if it´s easier to reglue then the other AbS Rubbers? I glued it without a gluesheet. Want to test it on my main blade, but don´t want to destroy it.

Cheers
Pieter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2022, 23:59 

I tested the ABS 2 PRO again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next