OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2021, 22:54 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I took the Pro off my Deluxe Carbon and put it on the Matador and I liked it better. Still, I don't think enough to change from using the Storkraft on the Deluxe Carbon, but it definitely improved. I think with the harder sponge, the fast blade was too much for it. The more controlled Matador seemed to tame some of the speed issues. Reversal was ok, but was was pointed out, this rubber isn't made to force a lot of errors from reversal. I can see playing an active, aggressive game with it being effective. Against the robot, I could even counter attack light top spin.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2021, 21:12 

After few months of training and competition i can confirm that this is my rubber. ABS 2 pro Is perfect for an allround game where you alternate short balls and blocks with unexpected attacks. Reversal Is not the best i've found but the rubber compensate It with his offensive attitudine. I can really "open" every balls, also the ones with light topspin and this make high trouble on opponents who don't expect It. Switching from storkraft to this increased so hard my % victories in my league.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2021, 02:18 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

What blade are you using the ABS2 Pro on?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2022, 00:57 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I played a practice match with this rubber on my Dr N Matador and can confirm, it is an attacking beast. I could aggressively drive through any under spin or no spin ball. Shots were very fast, flat, and good control on placement. As I noted earlier, this type of rubber is a completely different type of rubber from a DMS anti, which are more focused on slow speed and high reversal. The Dr N ABS2 versions are more focused on control, and with the harder sponge of the Pro, attack. I may have to revisit this on the robot a little to see what I can do against top spin, because when I try to use the same technique as Storkraft the ball just goes flying off. I'm thinking a more closed blade is needed.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2022, 18:21 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
Any updates to durability?
Playing regularly 2 or more times per week also hitting with it etc. How are you all cleaning/maintaining it

How long has it lasted you all so far

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2022, 23:03 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I honestly can't say, I haven't been using it regularly, I've been using the Storkraft 1.6 mm almost exclusively lately.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2022, 05:55 

gepi1993 wrote:
After few months of training and competition i can confirm that this is my rubber. ABS 2 pro Is perfect for an allround game where you alternate short balls and blocks with unexpected attacks. Reversal Is not the best i've found but the rubber compensate It with his offensive attitudine. I can really "open" every balls, also the ones with light topspin and this make high trouble on opponents who don't expect It. Switching from storkraft to this increased so hard my % victories in my league.

So in your opinion more reversal spin has storkraft than ABS2 PRO?

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2022, 08:05 

CzopiarzePL wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:

So in your opinion more reversal spin has storkraft than ABS2 PRO?

I played more abs2 pro than storkraft and it's really hard to compare. For my experience abs2 pro Is best for Active game, storekraft on reversal. But i think that focus only on reversal Is wrong, specialy if you are not professional player because often the ball come to you with low spin so reversal Is useless

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2022, 23:08 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Although they are both considered "frictionless" anti, they really are two completely different rubbers. Storkraft is build around slow speed and spin reversal. ABS2 Pro is build around control and attacking possibilities. The one that's right for your game depends on what you are looking to do.

When it comes to reversal and speed reduction it is not even close. Storkraft has significantly more reversal and is significantly slower.

You can still attack with Storkraft, it's just that the attacks are slower. However, that being said, because of the spin reversal, you can turn back spin into top spin with a kick that will surprise your opponent. It will look like a very slow ball coming at them, but if there was a lot of back spin on the ball when you received it, it will reverse all of that back into top, which then kicks when it hits the table on their side and can catch them off guard. I've had people I play with regularly comment on that. You aren't going to overpower anyone with Storkraft attacks, but you can catch people by surprise.

With the ABS2 Pro, you can really pound the ball. Even against mild to moderate top spin, you can counter attack, which you can't really do with Storkraft. I feel like the ABS2 is, in general, less dependent on your blade angle to get the ball back on than DMS rubbers, so there's something to be said for the safety of returns. With that safety, you give up "effect". Again, I'll say, the best option for you depends on what you want to do.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2022, 00:16 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
dwruck wrote:
Although they are both considered "frictionless" anti, they really are two completely different rubbers. Storkraft is build around slow speed and spin reversal. ABS2 Pro is build around control and attacking possibilities. The one that's right for your game depends on what you are looking to do.

When it comes to reversal and speed reduction it is not even close. Storkraft has significantly more reversal and is significantly slower.

You can still attack with Storkraft, it's just that the attacks are slower. However, that being said, because of the spin reversal, you can turn back spin into top spin with a kick that will surprise your opponent. It will look like a very slow ball coming at them, but if there was a lot of back spin on the ball when you received it, it will reverse all of that back into top, which then kicks when it hits the table on their side and can catch them off guard. I've had people I play with regularly comment on that. You aren't going to overpower anyone with Storkraft attacks, but you can catch people by surprise.

With the ABS2 Pro, you can really pound the ball. Even against mild to moderate top spin, you can counter attack, which you can't really do with Storkraft. I feel like the ABS2 is, in general, less dependent on your blade angle to get the ball back on than DMS rubbers, so there's something to be said for the safety of returns. With that safety, you give up "effect". Again, I'll say, the best option for you depends on what you want to do.

Good post! since DA has stopped using flantis you seem to be the next big authority on the topic.Your information is very much appreciated :)

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2022, 07:33 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
charmander defender wrote:
dwruck wrote:

Good post! since DA has stopped using flantis you seem to be the next big authority on the topic.Your information is very much appreciated :)
Nah, I'm still here, still using anti sometimes, just not very active writing (too many other things on my mind).
I will perhaps use Palio TCT again, with 0.8 SG. I found a FH rubber that suits me on that blade, Yasaka Rakza 7 soft:)

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2022, 15:41 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Def-attack wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
dwruck wrote:

Nah, I'm still here, still using anti sometimes, just not very active writing (too many other things on my mind).
I will perhaps use Palio TCT again, with 0.8 SG. I found a FH rubber that suits me on that blade, Yasaka Rakza 7 soft:)

Glad to know as well.You are both great contributors to this forum!! We do learn a lot from your experience in the flanti world.Should anyone want to make the change from LP to flanti ,this is the forum to really choose and learn bothtge basics and more advanced techniques;let alone all the information on the latest rubbers.Wonderful job!!

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2022, 22:54 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

That's really nice of you to say, thank you! :oops:

I've gotten so much good advice and equipment insight here, I like to give back what I can. With my new house with its dedicated space for table tennis and my robot, it's much easier to test things out.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 22:18 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Would ABS 2 pro be a good start for a switch to anti from MP's such as Keiler or Orkan, where the priority is still to have good Attacking options. is 2mm the best Sponge thickness to try ?? what about weight of say the 2mm is it light?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2022, 23:16 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I think it could be a good transition from medium pips. You are still going to need to change your technique a bit, but in terms of speed and hitting ability there are some similarities from a playing style perspective. As to the weight, I know it's subjective, but it feels medium in weight to me. Others may disagree, I think it depends on what you are used to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next