OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2021, 01:54 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Pongista92 wrote:
redspot wrote:
By the way did you try Vortex? Now Spinlab released Vortex 2.

I will receive the new vortex 2 next week.
It's the rubber i decided to play with the new Stiga Cybershape. I hope it works. ;)
Cybershot will work nice, very low throw angle. But it kills some of the spin like Carbonado 190 does.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 02:43 

Pongista92 wrote:
redspot wrote:

It's the rubber i decided to play with the new Stiga Cybershape. I hope it works. ;)

Hi Pongista It is great to hear the news from you confirming that we have a brave individual in
TT comunity :clap: (I am not talking about Moregard and Persson).

I hope you will treat us with some reviews and videos reflecting the playing specs of the novelties.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 02:46 

Def-attack wrote:
Pongista92 wrote:
redspot wrote:

Cybershot will work nice, very low throw angle. But it kills some of the spin like Carbonado 190 does.

Hi Def-attack Did you test the Cybershape with anti? Has anyone in Sweden tried this blade with a long pimples?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 06:06 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
redspot wrote:
Hi Pongista It is great to hear the news from you confirming that we have a brave individual in

I hope you will treat us with some reviews and videos reflecting the playing specs of the novelties.

Hi redspot!
I have already received the blade but i'm missing the anti on backhand!! :@
I will make videos and review for sure!! Stay tuned. ;)

Def-attack what sponge you recommend me to try on Cybershape? i was thinking the 1.7 red sponge.

Attachments:
cyber1.jpeg
cyber1.jpeg [ 121.85 KiB | Viewed 1462 times ]
cyber2.jpeg
cyber2.jpeg [ 137.74 KiB | Viewed 1462 times ]

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 17:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

redspot wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Pongista92 wrote:
[quote="redspot"]By the way did you try Vortex? Now Spinlab released Vortex 2.

Hi Def-attack Did you test the Cybershape with anti? Has anyone in Sweden tried this blade with a long pimples?[/quote]Yes, I tried it with 0.8 mm Barna SG. Nice, a little fast (but not too).
It was Magoos bat I tried. We also tried Inspiria (Truls previous blade that Cybershot is based on). These blades are good in the same way as Carbonado 190, they are very stable, big sweet spot, direct feeling, and great for blocking and the kind of BH punch shot that Truls does. And they are ok for blocking with anti but not as good as a blade that is made for blocking with anti. The Legacy Carbon is a very different blade, but that one is better for blocking (but more difficult in some other aspects).

But the shape of Cyber shot is interesting, it moves the sweet spot clearly further to the top of the blade, making the area close to the handle very dead. This can be very good for blocking with anti (not sure yet, Magoo changed the shape of his oversized normal blade to make it look like cybershot and.the throw angle got even lower).

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 17:40 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Pongista92 wrote:
redspot wrote:

Hi redspot!
I have already received the blade but i'm missing the anti on backhand!! :@
I will make videos and review for sure!! Stay tuned. ;)

Def-attack what sponge you recommend me to try on Cybershape? i was thinking the 1.7 red sponge.
Go with what you usually uses, this way you will know what the blade does compared to your regular. It is not faster than C190 I think.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 19:52 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Anyone who has played frictionless pips will never be satisfied with frictionless anti. Pips are so much more forgiving.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2021, 21:06 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Anyone who has played frictionless pips will never be satisfied with frictionless anti. Pips are so much more forgiving.

Hi MNNB Nice to hear from you. It is so true. I am still dreaming about my olden days with Dr Neubauer Superblock on Doctor's Special blade (1st generation) and Stiga Magna (speed glued) forehand. That was a super weapon with the celluloid ball.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 00:19 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
If frictionless is a controversial issue, why ban pips and not ban antis with no friction?

Can the new president of the ITTF do something about this?

Today's pips are a real joke.While the boosting guys enjoy themselves, the defensive players struggle in tournaments . We willl never see a defensive player in a final game of the pro tour if the limitations on pips continue

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 17:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Sami wrote:
If frictionless is a controversial issue, why ban pips and not ban antis with no friction?

Can the new president of the ITTF do something about this?

Today's pips are a real joke.While the boosting guys enjoy themselves, the defensive players struggle in tournaments . We willl never see a defensive player in a final game of the pro tour if the limitations on pips continue
I doubt that this toxic issue would be a top priority for Petra Sörling (the new president). From what I have heard she is not really fond of antis...

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2022, 02:21 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Been asking myself why DMS has not yet released a new anti.Right now is the period for testing and famous brands tend to release novelties at the end of the season .

I guess the flanti route is very limited indeed and little can be done to get more spin reversal from this******* ball .

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2022, 23:15 

Blade: donic carbospeed
FH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
BH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
Sami wrote:
Been asking myself why DMS has not yet released a new anti.Right now is the period for testing and famous brands tend to release novelties at the end of the season .

I guess the flanti route is very limited indeed and little can be done to get more spin reversal from this******* ball .
Well there is so much you can do to get maximum on a flanti. It comes with trade offs . I think it s not only sponge but also top sheet . The more shock absorbing the sponge is the more likely it will get damaged and have to be replaced in a matter of 60-90 days. I think that’s bad reputation for some and they want something a bit more durable. My superglanti exploded from inside due to blocking hard shots for instance and needs to be replaced. At 50 euros a piece it s not really a cheap rubber. I do think it s not only enough to block and hope the opponent makes a mistake but also important to be able to affectively drive balls and give different variety of affective returns to no spin serves . I think what can be done in this department is very limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 00:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Honestly, facing no spin serves is difficult, yes, but with training you learn how to best deal with them. In general, my first strategy is to push a safe return deep on the table into their backhand and get ready to defend. If someone wants to loop into the anti, go for it, I'll block back something nasty. If their loops are too powerful, I will start moving around the placement, both side to side and in/out. I had a match at the recent tournament I played in where a guy was just killing me with dead serves and then great third ball loops. So I started taking more chances in dropping those serves short, and he could no longer attack that third ball. I was down 2-1 in the match, won game 4, then got ahead in game 5 with that strategy. Middle of game 5 I noticed he was anticipating the short return and moving close to the table right after his serve, so I took the opportunity to push one of those serves back to him deep in his backhand corner and he could barely get out of the way of the ball much less return it. I won that fifth game easily because now he had no idea what to expect in terms of shot depth or placement.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 08:28 

Blade: donic carbospeed
FH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
BH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
dwruck wrote:
Honestly, facing no spin serves is difficult, yes, but with training you learn how to best deal with them. In general, my first strategy is to push a safe return deep on the table into their backhand and get ready to defend. If someone wants to loop into the anti, go for it, I'll block back something nasty. If their loops are too powerful, I will start moving around the placement, both side to side and in/out. I had a match at the recent tournament I played in where a guy was just killing me with dead serves and then great third ball loops. So I started taking more chances in dropping those serves short, and he could no longer attack that third ball. I was down 2-1 in the match, won game 4, then got ahead in game 5 with that strategy. Middle of game 5 I noticed he was anticipating the short return and moving close to the table right after his serve, so I took the opportunity to push one of those serves back to him deep in his backhand corner and he could barely get out of the way of the ball much less return it. I won that fifth game easily because now he had no idea what to expect in terms of shot depth or placement.
I agree . One has to vary the way service is returned whether that’s through twiddling or short long variation . I personally twiddle and loop and push if necessary with inverted side so that the service return is not expected. However have to mention that once you start to play against players over 2150-2200 range they ll kill that third ball and it will be extremely hard to block affectively and they ll vary the placement as well as the ball will be really fast and spiny. However to the original point there is not a whole lot to be done for a new anti all has its pros and cons and I don’t think there will be the one that can do all of them the best way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 21:51 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Agree with you rakishman. Players at that high of a level aren't likely to be fooled by the spin or pace of the ball from the anti for more than a shot or two. One thing you mentioned, twiddling, is something I want to add to my arsenal in the long term. All of the highest rated anti players I've seen can twiddle. But as the saying goes, "walk before you can run", so I'm first going to work on being really good with a standard, non-twiddle style and then progress to that as a goal.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5