OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Glanti or Störkraft
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2021, 23:19 

Blade: Joola Chen Weixing
FH: Butterfly Dignics09C
BH: Tibhar Dtechs 0,5
Hi there, I am an chopper attacker, but would like to swith to a faster setup.
I would like to try out an anti, stead of lp.
these to antis i getting a lot of love at the monent.

Störkraft
Glanti

Which of these, would you recommend for a blocking disturbing game at the monent ?
At the monent i use D.tech 0,5
How is the durability of these antis ?
Which one is best for hitting ?
Which thickness would you recommend, for a blocking / hitting game ?

It will be paired with the following :

Butterfly Viscaria
Butterfly Dignics 09C

Post subject: Re: Glanti or Störkraft
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2021, 00:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Glanti is a term for all frictionless anti, (glatte anti). Is it Barna Super Glanti you are reffering to?

If so, I would start with Störkraft 1.2 mm, that is more easy to handle.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2021, 01:04 
Super User

Even with 0.5 Grass Dtecs spin manipulation is possible but not with any of the frictionless antis...And frictionless antis are fun and funky. I'd definitely go with the most frictionless and a relatively slow one with.

Last edited by deva sarjan on 27 Dec 2021, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2021, 03:15 

Blade: Joola Chen Weixing
FH: Butterfly Dignics09C
BH: Tibhar Dtechs 0,5
Def-attack wrote:
Glanti is a term for all frictionless anti, (glatte anti). Is it Barna Super Glanti you are reffering to?

If so, I would start with Störkraft 1.2 mm, that is more easy to handle.

Yes it is Barna Glanti, that i am refering to.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2023, 01:15 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
[quote="Rinforzando"] [quote="Def-attack"] @Rinforzando @Def-attack

Hello, right now I find myself in the same dilemma, well actually I would have to add the new Black Edition...

[*]Super Glanti
[*]Super Glanti Black Edition
[*]Störkraft

I would lean towards the Black edition because it seems to be the one that creates the most problems for the opponent but I am put off by the fact that it is only available in black. I currently play with Matador Texa Carbon, Desperado Reloaded OX (green) and Gewo Proton Neo 450 (black). My FH rubber is always black, that is why I doubt the Black Edition because it forces me to buy a rubber for the FH in a different color, the truth is that I am thinking of buying a Spinfire, but if I don't like the Black edition later, I couldn't use Spinfire with the Desperado Reloaded (green).
The fact is that I don't know which of the three rubbers will be more harmful to the opponent. Can anyone compare them? I have two identical Matador Texa Carbon blades so I can do tests without touching the main equipment. Thank you!! I forgot to say that I have the ABS 2 Pro but neither I nor my opponents find it harmful.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2023, 01:45 
Super User

FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
The options I've read about these two flantis are rather mixed. I think the Glanti is a little bit easier to handle.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2023, 22:12 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:
The options I've read about these two flantis are rather mixed. I think the Glanti is a little bit easier to handle.

I just got back from using the ABS 2 Pro and I still don't like it...The biggest problem for me with this anti top is the return of services, many balls go into the net or long or even some go out due to the spin of the serve. The blocks are not bad but some go long too. It is a rubber that I do not find linear, it is difficult to predict the speed and height of the ball. I have doubts if I will have this problem with any anti top or if it is a matter of this specific model. In my club no one else has anti top so I can't try more.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2023, 23:51 
Super User

loboestep wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:

I just got back from using the ABS 2 Pro and I still don't like it...The biggest problem for me with this anti top is the return of services, many balls go into the net or long or even some go out due to the spin of the serve. The blocks are not bad but some go long too. It is a rubber that I do not find linear, it is difficult to predict the speed and height of the ball. I have doubts if I will have this problem with any anti top or if it is a matter of this specific model. In my club no one else has anti top so I can't try more.

I'm still in the testing period, so I don't yet have accurate, usable and appropriate information about this anti's behavior. I've played with it a little against my girlfriend, who mostly plays with empty balls and with anti, too.
As for the ABS 2 Pro, it's good. I tried the reversal with the robot, topspins were dead, but backspins had a kick on the other side. Then I gave it to my girlfriend to block some for me. I put as heavy topspin as I could and I have to say it has good reversal. The first few I couldn't push back, but then it got better, but only because I was expecting and in the right place. If it comes by surprise to a more inconvenient location, it is more deadlier. You need to have soft and delicate touch to make it on the table, but this is something that can be advanced.
What I really liked about was the dead floater I had when hit with a drive motion. It was straight, fast and empty, very disruptive. Very slick, spin-sensitivity is not present. It is quicker than most antis, so have to be careful, but despite that it still has good control.

I still have to test more against better players, but so far okay. Frictionless antis are hard to learn to use well, especially a fast one like this, but the offensive capabilities it gives me is what I really like about that.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2023, 01:09 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:
loboestep wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:

I'm still in the testing period, so I don't yet have accurate, usable and appropriate information about this anti's behavior. I've played with it a little against my girlfriend, who mostly plays with empty balls and with anti, too.
As for the ABS 2 Pro, it's good. I tried the reversal with the robot, topspins were dead, but backspins had a kick on the other side. Then I gave it to my girlfriend to block some for me. I put as heavy topspin as I could and I have to say it has good reversal. The first few I couldn't push back, but then it got better, but only because I was expecting and in the right place. If it comes by surprise to a more inconvenient location, it is more deadlier. You need to have soft and delicate touch to make it on the table, but this is something that can be advanced.
What I really liked about was the dead floater I had when hit with a drive motion. It was straight, fast and empty, very disruptive. Very slick, spin-sensitivity is not present. It is quicker than most antis, so have to be careful, but despite that it still has good control.

I still have to test more against better players, but so far okay. Frictionless antis are hard to learn to use well, especially a fast one like this, but the offensive capabilities it gives me is what I really like about that.

Do you plan to make a video?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2023, 05:00 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
What a coincidence ! I just tested for the first time Super Glanti black edition (SGBE) today. Well, it is a very fast rubber, block can go too long VERY easily. I played it on a custom defensive blade similar to Goriki Danshi (even slower in fact with even more flexibility, ~947hz) so compared to blades available on the market it's one of the slowest if not the slowest blade ever created. There is no way it would be controllable on the Matador Texa carbon (I own this blade also, so I can compare them in term of speed). I think it is physically not playable on it. Way to fast. SGBE is faster than ABS 2 pro which has dampening thanks to the sponge. SGBE has nearly 0 dampening effect (thin 0.7mm hard sponge) so you need the slowest blade possible to add some dampening effect. If you want to try SGBE I suggest you to buy the slowest blade you can find. Some ideas: Nittaku Goriki (or Goriki Super cut which is slower), TSP Fitter 2.5 def and some folks on the german forum are playing with DMS Scooper def with success.

On the Matador Texa carbon, Super Glanti 1.2 might work great. 1.6 will work too but perhaps a tad less spin reversal. 0.8 would be a bit too fast, but not unplayable like the SGBE.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2023, 05:09 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
On the Matador Texa carbon, Super Glanti 1.2 might work great

Thank you very much for the reply. I see that you use the Super Glanti from which I infer that you prefer it to the Störkraft. What differences are there between the two and why do you prefer the Super Glanti. Thank you!

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2023, 05:13 
Super User

loboestep wrote:

Do you plan to make a video?

Yes, I could do that. I might make some shots about me practising with the robot. I will let you know once I did that.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2023, 06:28 
Super User

loboestep wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

Thank you very much for the reply. I see that you use the Super Glanti from which I infer that you prefer it to the Störkraft. What differences are there between the two and why do you prefer the Super Glanti. Thank you!

Put under the same red slow sponge I find them to be very similar. Small advantage for the Super Glanti which has a little bit more spin reversal but same control. As I'm chasing maximum spin reversal, I prefer Super Glanti.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2023, 05:39 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
loboestep wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

Put under the same red slow sponge I find them to be very similar. Small advantage for the Super Glanti which has a little bit more spin reversal but same control. As I'm chasing maximum spin reversal, I prefer Super Glanti.

The web says that Storkraft is soft and Super Glanti medium...Do you really can feel it? And how it affect to the game?
Thank you.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2023, 14:50 
Super User

The difference in hardness come from the sponge where the Störkraft has a very soft sponge whereas the Super Glanti has a littble bit harder sponge (still a soft sponge). Topsheet are nearly the same, with SG which maybe a tad harder with longer pips under the topsheet.

Put under the same sponge you don't feel any differences in term of hardness.

BH - Slick antispin

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!