OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2022, 02:54 

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Grass Dtechs
I'm going to start using a Storkraft soon, I've been reading a lot about Antispin and sometimes I see people talking about Glanti, is this a rubber model or is it some kind of Anti?

Thanks

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2022, 06:57 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Glanti = slick anti like Störkraft and anti = normal anti like Nittaku Best Anti

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2022, 00:08 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I've often wondered what "Glanti" means. Is it short for "Glass anti"?

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2022, 04:26 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
dwruck wrote:
I've often wondered what "Glanti" means. Is it short for "Glass anti"?

Doug, this actually comes from the German term "Glatt Anti". The German word "glatt" means slick or slippery.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2022, 00:31 

Seems OP may be new to anti, so detailed explanations of the types may be helpful. It’s almost 3 years since I’ve changed over to anti from double inverted. This forum is the best!

Frictionless / Glanti / Flanti = must stay at the table, hit as early off the bounce to keep as much of your opponents spin on the ball via disruptive reversal properties. Most difficult to learn and control. Storkraft and Barna Super Glanti are at the higher difficulty end of this spectrum. Advice for this type is usually to start with Dr N. ABS2 varieties and if you have the time, $ and patience move toward higher reversing options.

In between = allrounder with some reversal abilities. Yasaka Trick Anti. Allrounder toward grippy = Nittaku Best Anti (thin version). Allrounder toward frictionless = Butterfly Super Anti. Dr N. ABS2 Soft almost falls into this category the older it gets even though surface maintains its frictionless throughout.

Grippy anti = can use for modern defender strategy, can hit ball at variable timings and still be effective. Blocking or attacking off the bounce at the table usually results in a dead or no spin ball. Sometimes you can get reversal if you hit quickly “thinly” or just get lucky with the impact angle. Hitting ball at a later contact point you will be looking to add spin using as large a motion as possible. Typical shot selection is long cut motion adding backspin though I have seen a player add enough topspin using an exaggerated 70-80 degree backhand loop gesture. Nittaku Best Anti (thick version), Yasaka Anti Power, Ellen, Toni Hold, Juic Neo Anti among many others.

Outlier / rarely used: Dead anti. Constant twiddling is the only viable strategy that comes to mind that may theoretically work. There is only so much placement or change of pace before any decent opponent catches on. SpinLord Gigant is the reference. I have it glued to a backup setup ready to test. 10 year old+ Mark V/Sriver/729 would fall under this category as well.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 05:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

You can scarcely tell any difference between anti and flanti/ glanti rubbers unless doing serial tests for traction force by pulling a standard weight over rubber surface. Human sences may be deceptive on finger touch. Numbers only will tell truth.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2024, 06:15 

Blade: yasaka sweden
FH: tibhar evolution el-p
BH: tsp curl 2
I wanted to ask you if with the frictionless rubbers, like Super Glanti attack, you can also play out the table, as classic defense.
Thank you.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2024, 18:44 

Blade: Stiga ALL round
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: Grass dtech
I'm considering switching from Grass to a Glanti rubber, and I've heard about Gorilla, but I'm uncertain. I don't mind if it's challenging; I have time to practice.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2024, 20:10 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
Gfs96 wrote:
I'm considering switching from Grass to a Glanti rubber, and I've heard about Gorilla, but I'm uncertain. I don't mind if it's challenging; I have time to practice.

If that is the case, I suggest trying out the Barna SuperGlanti Black Edition, top-tier spin reversal, disruption and really high speed. If you want a challenge, try controlling this! Something more subtle would be the Störkraft.

Have fun!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2024, 20:24 

Blade: Stiga ALL round
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: Grass dtech
GregorTT425 wrote:
Gfs96 wrote:

If that is the case, I suggest trying out the Barna SuperGlanti Black Edition, top-tier spin reversal, disruption and really high speed. If you want a challenge, try controlling this! Something more subtle would be the Störkraft.

Have fun!

Do you tried Gorilla Dr Neubauer? Whats is the challeging about SuperGlanti Black?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2024, 22:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

A greater number you can see in the "effect" column corresponds to a greater spin reversal.

Attachment:
IMG_20240219_023145.jpg
IMG_20240219_023145.jpg [ 815.12 KiB | Viewed 332 times ]

Be happy.

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2024, 00:23 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
Gfs96 wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Gfs96 wrote:

Have fun!

Do you tried Gorilla Dr Neubauer? Whats is the challeging about SuperGlanti Black?

The challenging factor about it is the high speed and difficulty to control. I did not try Gorilla, I cannot comment on it.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2024, 00:52 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I'm curious, where did that chart come from? I'd take issue with some of those ratings. For example, there's no way Storkraft and ABS 2 Pro are both "medium" hardness. Storkraft is significantly softer. Those spin reversal ratings too...I have tried many of those, there's no way the Dr Neubauer ones are as high/higher than Storkraft, Scandal or Barna. I am playing with ABS3 for reasons other than the pure spin reversal, but those ratings are not accurate in my opinion.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2024, 01:31 

dwruck wrote:
I'm curious, where did that chart come from?

I assume you are asking IgorPonger
I have the same question to Igor
Can you please post the weblink for this page please ?

dwruck wrote:
I'd take issue with some of those ratings. For example, there's no way Storkraft and ABS 2 Pro are both "medium" hardness. Storkraft is significantly softer. Those spin reversal ratings too...I have tried many of those, there's no way the Dr Neubauer ones are as high/higher than Storkraft, Scandal or Barna. I am playing with ABS3 for reasons other than the pure spin reversal, but those ratings are not accurate in my opinion.

When you look at comparison charts, you need to evaluate it based on the source (dealer or manufacturer).
Lot of dealers try to push a specific brand where they get a bigger profit margin & may be rating those brands as God's gift to humanity.
I am not saying this is or is not the case here. Just saying in general.
Also in general all this comparison numbers are bogus to the extent of the skill level of player who is using the rubber or blade.
Control in table tennis means entirely differnt thing to a pro compared to a lower level player for example

Last edited by JKK988 on 29 Feb 2024, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2024, 03:16 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
If you're looking for a glati with lot of controle try ABS series. It's very good to set up your attack

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!