OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 May 2022, 02:20 

Blade: Sardius
FH: Tacky Drive Butterfly
BH: Butterfly Super Anti
Hi gang. I’ve been thinking about putting Gorilla Neubauer and Butterfly anti on both sides of my Sardius blade. I’m having some back issues and I used to move and attack a lot, but I feel that those days may be over and I want to continue playing.

Anyway, could anyone offer some advice or some RS about how this setup might work? How should I serve, strategy, and general style of play. Or, is it even a good idea.

Thanks!

PostPosted: 02 May 2022, 14:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't think it's a good idea, as your serves and returns would become very predictable, and once an opponent figures out how to play against this, you'd be a sitting duck.

I would put on a spinney short pimple or a thin-sponged inverted on one side instead, which would give you many more options and variations, and you could still produce spinney serves.
When blocking fast loops/drives, a rubber with a thin sponge acts somewhat similar to an antispin as the sponge bottoms out, while on serves and pushes you can still get good spin.

PostPosted: 02 May 2022, 21:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just curious.. why the Sardius blade? The Sardius, around the year 1998, was the fastest blade in the Butterfly lineup. The blade we used to make fun of on Usenet because it was seen as being too obscenely fast to be useful for most people. And why pair it with anti?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 May 2022, 02:05 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
The Sardius blade is way too fast for the Gorilla unless you practice a lot and are very talented. The Gorilla is a fast and difficult to control anti and is generally only tamed on a slower blade.

PostPosted: 03 May 2022, 04:00 

Matt Pimple wrote:
The Sardius blade is way too fast for the Gorilla unless you practice a lot and are very talented. The Gorilla is a fast and difficult to control anti and is generally only tamed on a slower blade.

I’m having a really difficult time with getting a setup lately. I have a Primorac Wood with 1.7 Rozena and Gorilla on it. Do you guys think this setup will work? I’m not a great player, maybe 1200 at best.

PostPosted: 03 May 2022, 05:47 

Thanks for the advice. Makes sense. I’m going to retire playing with the Sardius. I have slower rubber on it, but that doesn’t help the control. Love the power from long distance, but I lose a ton of points with it due to the speed and hardness. Going with a Primorac Wood with Gorilla and Rozena. Hoping to have more control and get some loops with the forehand. Not a good backhand looper

PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 03:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

If you're looking for a really, really slow (but grippy) rubber for the Sardius try Reactor Ckylin. Ignore the advertising copy - "Chinese Blue Fire" my foot. Unfortunately only available in max sponge. It's waaaay too slow for most people.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2022, 03:09 

Thanks to all for the advice! I’m going to try that Iskandar. Do you know what brand it is?

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2022, 23:07 

Blade: donic carbospeed
FH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
BH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
Sardius wrote:
Hi gang. I’ve been thinking about putting Gorilla Neubauer and Butterfly anti on both sides of my Sardius blade. I’m having some back issues and I used to move and attack a lot, but I feel that those days may be over and I want to continue playing.

Anyway, could anyone offer some advice or some RS about how this setup might work? How should I serve, strategy, and general style of play. Or, is it even a good idea.

Thanks!
I have neck issues and adapted my two wing looper style to anti on my backhand . I have a small YouTube channel you can watch them. Due to. Y neck injury I wasn’t able to loop or be affective from backhand with inverted rubber so I tried pips of almost all types and ended up with anti. The anti I use is frictionless barna Superglanti. There are a lot of different antis which could fit your playing style depending what you d like to achieve . Because I am using a very shock absorbing slow and frictionless anti , I play with very very fast carbon blades ( mostly ZLC or super ZLC ) I have played a pen holder around 2300-2400 level that was primarily using super anti except for serves better was using inverted on the other side . I don’t know gorilla never tried it so can’t comment on it . But if you are new to anti world and would like to try I think abs2 evo is a good anti which does many things well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2022, 15:09 

iskandar taib wrote:
Just curious.. why the Sardius blade? The Sardius, around the year 1998, was the fastest blade in the Butterfly lineup. The blade we used to make fun of on Usenet because it was seen as being too obscenely fast to be useful for most people. And why pair it with anti?

Iskandar

Best answer I can give is that I’ve played for almost 25 years with it. I’ve tried playing with other blades, and never can get used to them. Sardius has so much power. Currently about to give Sriver El on it with anti on the other side. It is hard to control. I have been playing mostly block, push and working the table with it. Using tacky C when I serve, them twiddling tobutterfly anti. Can’t beat good offensive players and retrievers with it. When I try to smash, I miss most times.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2022, 15:16 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
rakishman wrote:
Sardius wrote:

Thanks!
I have neck issues and adapted my two wing looper style to anti on my backhand . I have a small YouTube channel you can watch them. Due to. Y neck injury I wasn’t able to loop or be affective from backhand with inverted rubber so I tried pips of almost all types and ended up with anti. The anti I use is frictionless barna Superglanti. There are a lot of different antis which could fit your playing style depending what you d like to achieve . Because I am using a very shock absorbing slow and frictionless anti , I play with very very fast carbon blades ( mostly ZLC or super ZLC ) I have played a pen holder around 2300-2400 level that was primarily using super anti except for serves better was using inverted on the other side . I don’t know gorilla never tried it so can’t comment on it . But if you are new to anti world and would like to try I think abs2 evo is a good anti which does many things well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me ABS 2 Pro is easier to control

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk