OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2022, 22:53 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
This is a a new rubber (actually not an anti according to website and ITTF LARC-list, but I put it here anyway, because it will most likely attract anti-players) that comes with two different sponges, def/all and all/off:

Def/all:
https://www.der-materialspezialist.com/ ... ::202.html
Products description
der-materialspezialist SABOTAGE is based on a normal pimple-inward rubber but has a unique and new rubber compound, which in combination with a new manufacturing process, nearly has no friction.

The defensive oriented version with the classic dampening sponge allows control optimized play even with a thinner sponge thickness at the table and from a distance. Hereby the classic pushblock creates spinny blocks and also allows for disruptional side swipes which should assure a point.The control is enormously high due to the newly developed thin top-rubber.

The best spin reversal you get with 0,5 mm.
The 1,5 mm version is the slowest.The 1,0 mm version is a perfect compromise.
Speed: 18
Control: 110
Disruptive effect: 104
Hardness: Medium-

All/off:
https://www.der-materialspezialist.com/ ... ::203.html

Products description
der-materialspezialist SABOTAGE is based on a normal pimple-inward rubber but has a unique and new rubber compound, which in combination with a new manufacturing process, nearly has no friction.

The newly developed green high-tech sponge of the allround / offensive version of the SABOTAGE is ideal for players which have a offensive disruptional style with disruptional psyeudo-loops, aggressive side swipes or shots. Due to the harder sponge, these shots are more disruptional and spinny and thus harder to return for the opponent.

The best spin reversal you get with 1,0 mm.
The 2,0 mm version is the slowest.The 1,5 mm version is a perfect compromise.
Speed: 35
Control: 102
Disruptive effect: 108
Hardness: Medium+

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 00:09 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Interesting, sounds a bit like a traditional anti mixed or what you'd find on one of those pre-made bats.

I think Disney is going to have something to say about their marketing, though. They protect Star Wars images pretty aggressively.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 00:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

dwruck wrote:
Interesting, sounds a bit like a traditional anti mixed or what you'd find on one of those pre-made bats.

I think Disney is going to have something to say about their marketing, though. They protect Star Wars images pretty aggressively.
We'll see if any table tennis playing Star wars nerds will hint them on this subject :D

I was hoping for a commercial more in this direction:
https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 08:08 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
I received both the off and def versions from Guido this morning. I am curious to try them out! :)

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2022, 14:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Pongista92 wrote:
I received both the off and def versions from Guido this morning. I am curious to try them out! :)
Remember that they are not at all like SuperGlanti or so, even though you can play them like that (but not as good). The seem the have more grip at higher impact, when you hit harder.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2022, 19:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I tried this rubber briefly yesterday. It surley is an interesting rubber, but the surface is slick so it should be played as a frictionless anti, but with a little better attacking possibilities. The surface is very shiny, like Störkraft, but a little more plastic in feeling. Perhaps it last longer because of this? Time will tell....

I tried the pink (def) in 0.5 and green (off) in 1.0 mm. The surface is the same on both versions, only the sponge differs. The top sheet feels a little softer than Störkraft or SuperGlanti. And it feels like there is a little grip when the ball is pressed into the top sheet. The green was clearly faster and is more like SuperGlant Attack, while the pink one may be more like Störkraft in terms of speed.

The pink one worked nice on a thick balsa blade with hard outer ply (walnut), you could block, keeping it low and with enough back spin. Also, it felt very good for hitting against back spin (did not try to hit no spin or top spin). I also tried the pink one on Stiga Carbonado 90, but that was ot a good match, high arc and not much back spin on blocks.

The green one works better on Carbonado 90, although the arc was a little high. But better back spin than the pink could generate. We also tried the green one on Palio TCT, and this was better, although very fast. It did not generate as much back spin as SuperGlanti, but enough back spin. And it had better control and better attacking possibilities against low spin shots. With the green on Carbonado 90 I could also attack no spin even slight top spin, much easier than with SuperGlanti. The ball kind of diggs into the rubber more than with SuperGlanti. Perhaps more like Störkraft, but I really can't remember how Störkraft is in this aspect. But against hard loops the green felt a little thin on C90, like the sponge bottons oput and hit the wood. This is not good, it kills the spin. But I have to try it more to decide if it really bottoned out or if it just was a more hard feeling than I am used to.

I also tried the green on Stiga Clipper, but this was not better than C90, higher throw and less spin.

Next up is to investigate more with balsablades and see what more blades the def version is good on, and see if Winner, Victory or any other anit-blades works good with this rubber.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2022, 19:13 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Def-attack wrote:
I tried this rubber briefly yesterday. It surley is an interesting rubber, but the surface is slick so it should be played as a frictionless anti, but with a little better attacking possibilities. The surface is very shiny, like Störkraft, but a little more plastic in feeling. Perhaps it last longer because of this? Time will tell....

I tried the pink (def) in 0.5 and green (off) in 1.0 mm. The surface is the same on both versions, only the sponge differs. The top sheet feels a little softer than Störkraft or SuperGlanti. And it feels like there is a little grip when the ball is pressed into the top sheet. The green was clearly faster and is more like SuperGlant Attack, while the pink one may be more like Störkraft in terms of speed.

The pink one worked nice on a thick balsa blade with hard outer ply (walnut), you could block, keeping it low and with enough back spin. Also, it felt very good for hitting against back spin (did not try to hit no spin or top spin). I also tried the pink one on Stiga Carbonado 90, but that was ot a good match, high arc and not much back spin on blocks.

The green one works better on Carbonado 90, although the arc was a little high. But better back spin than the pink could generate. We also tried the green one on Palio TCT, and this was better, although very fast. It did not generate as much back spin as SuperGlanti, but enough back spin. And it had better control and better attacking possibilities against low spin shots. With the green on Carbonado 90 I could also attack no spin even slight top spin, much easier than with SuperGlanti. The ball kind of diggs into the rubber more than with SuperGlanti. Perhaps more like Störkraft, but I really can't remember how Störkraft is in this aspect. But against hard loops the green felt a little thin on C90, like the sponge bottons oput and hit the wood. This is not good, it kills the spin. But I have to try it more to decide if it really bottoned out or if it just was a more hard feeling than I am used to.

I also tried the green on Stiga Clipper, but this was not better than C90, higher throw and less spin.

Next up is to investigate more with balsablades and see what more blades the def version is good on, and see if Winner, Victory or any other anit-blades works good with this rubber.
How do you change the anti rubbers and stick them on another blade. When i try it. Topsheets break or wrinkle

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2022, 19:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Carels wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

How do you change the anti rubbers and stick them on another blade. When i try it. Topsheets break or wrinkle

Yes, that is a problem. And we used glue sheets on these two, so the green one got wrinkled. But it does not change the characteristics that much. It makes spin reversal a little worse and the over all feeling less crisp. But you can still compare how it works on different blades.

If you do not use glue sheet lt is easier to move the rubber.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2022, 00:13 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
The more thick it is on the pink version the more slow it is ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2022, 00:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
The more thick it is on the pink version the more slow it is ?
Yes, and the same for green version.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2022, 00:22 
Super User

is the sponge the same as Super Glanti Absorber on the pink one ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2022, 00:23 
Super User

It is so weird, is it a slick anti or a normal rubber ? Since it is described as "in" and not "anti" on the ittf list

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2022, 03:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
is the sponge the same as Super Glanti Absorber on the pink one ?
Yes

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2022, 18:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I got to use this rubber a little more. I have a green sheet in 1.5 mm and my friend Marcus has a black (all-version) in 1.0.
This is a very interesting rubber, both top sheet and sponge. The top sheet feels rather frictionless, like a Störkraft ig gripo, but with a very different feel to the material. Störkraft is thin and hard, this is more like a normal rubber that has no friction at all (glossy). And the sponge is not a normal dampening sponge. When you bounce the ball on the bat it behaves like a normal rubber. It reminds me of Neubauers Power Attack, but this is more easy to block with I think (many years since I used Power Attack). And I think that the speed is about the same with the two different thicknesses I tried. If anything, the 1.5 mm is faster than 1.0. But arc is lower on 1.0, and spin reversal is a little better. With that it should be more easy to attack with 1.5 mm but I need to investigate that further.

Here is a short clip where I used the 1.5 mm version on Stiga Clipper Classic, then on Stiga Carbonado 90 and last on Palio TCT. We made more videos with Marcus where he used the black 1.0 version on his Palio TCT, that will appear later.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2022, 18:19 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Def-attack wrote:
Yesterday I got to use this rubber a little more. I have a green sheet in 1.5 mm and my friend Marcus has a black (all-version) in 1.0.
This is a very interesting rubber, both top sheet and sponge. The top sheet feels rather frictionless, like a Störkraft ig gripo, but with a very different feel to the material. Störkraft is thin and hard, this is more like a normal rubber that has no friction at all (glossy). And the sponge is not a normal dampening sponge. When you bounce the ball on the bat it behaves like a normal rubber. It reminds me of Neubauers Power Attack, but this is more easy to block with I think (many years since I used Power Attack). And I think that the speed is about the same with the two different thicknesses I tried. If anything, the 1.5 mm is faster than 1.0. But arc is lower on 1.0, and spin reversal is a little better. With that it should be more easy to attack with 1.5 mm but I need to investigate that further.

Here is a short clip where I used the 1.5 mm version on Stiga Clipper Classic, then on Stiga Carbonado 90 and last on Palio TCT. We made more videos with Marcus where he used the black 1.0 version on his Palio TCT, that will appear later.

How does it behave in pushing rallys?