OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Anti and blades
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 05:13 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Hi what blade are you currently using and why?

I´m on the dr.neubauer matador texa carbon. Don´t like FH so i am

Gonna try an SDC custom with FH innerforce hinoki and BH outer alc koto.

Should give a better throw in FH

Post subject: Re: Anti and blades
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 07:18 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Hi ! I'm still using the OSP Martin AC and I'm very happy with it. For me it is the perfect compromise if you want to do heavy loop but still want excellent spin reversal with the anti.

So far so good, my conclusion is if you want good spin reversal, you must pick a stiff blade (but not necessarily hard !). Hard blade but flexible isn't the best for spin reversal.

Barna Original Triumph had amazing spin reversal as well, but it was horrible for looping :(

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 16:32 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Tuttle President G20
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
Hi !

I am currently trying Nittaku Bloodwood. I found it to be nice to loop and amazing in the blocking aera.

As for the spin reversal, it is quiet decent when returning no too fast top spin. But as soon as I have to block faster top spin, the ball return quiet dead. But that may be because I bottom out the thin sponge I put on the Vortex 2. Gonna try with harder and thicker sponge to see if it's somehow different.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 17:38 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
DnDD wrote:
Hi !

I am currently trying Nittaku Bloodwood. I found it to be nice to loop and amazing in the blocking aera.

As for the spin reversal, it is quiet decent when returning no too fast top spin. But as soon as I have to block faster top spin, the ball return quiet dead. But that may be because I bottom out the thin sponge I put on the Vortex 2. Gonna try with harder and thicker sponge to see if it's somehow different.

Definitely because the ball hit the wood because of the thin sponge and short pimples of the topsheet. I had the same pronlem, in order to avoid that you must use 2mm sponge at least.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2022, 22:26 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I have been using the DMS Deluxe Carbon blade for over a year now. I get a ton of spin reversal and it's also good for looping and blocking on the forehand side. Having the thicker sponge on the anti definitely helps against the harder loops, if it bottoms out on a thinner sponge it can get a little out of control.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2022, 00:00 

Blade: BTY innerforce Layer ZLF
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 max
BH: Xiom Vega Europe max
dwruck wrote:
I have been using the DMS Deluxe Carbon blade for over a year now. I get a ton of spin reversal and it's also good for looping and blocking on the forehand side. Having the thicker sponge on the anti definitely helps against the harder loops, if it bottoms out on a thinner sponge it can get a little out of control.

I noticed that you have already used Dr. Neubauer Matador and now uses dms deluxe carbon. How do you compare the speed and control of these two blades?

I want to try DMS storkraft 1.6. I've had a matador with ox long pips and was good with the forehand, but blocking with long pips was a bit out of control with Dornenglanz. I thought about getting a blade that I can test the anti and if I don't like it can be used for x long pips, even if I have to use a slower pip.

Dms deluxe carbon can this blade be? Or should I acquire a new matador? I also thought of S&T unicorn or original Barna victory.

Thank you very much .

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2022, 21:09 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
I am using the Darker Imperial 2020. I find I get great reversal using the Storkraft anti with this blade, but that's not why I chose the Darker. When I got the blade, I was still playing long pips. I just love the feeling of the blade when you hit, especially with the inverted. I also have a Dr. Neubauer Titan blade with the Storkraft on it, but doubt I have hit with it for more than an hour, so can't really give impressions besides the obvious, that I returned immediately to my 1-ply... :D

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2022, 22:07 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Deluxe Carbon, to me, is more stiff and faster than the Matador. However, thanks to the dampening sponge of the Storkraft, I can still control the ball very well and keep defensive shots short when I want. The nice part is, the speed helps my forehand, as my loops and hits are much more dangerous now. The Matador was a good blade, I just think the effect of the anti is a little better with Deluxe Carbon. What helped me in terms of control was going to thicker sponge on the Storkraft. With the thin 0.8 sponge on the Deluxe Carbon I felt like it bottomed out sometimes and I would lose a bit of control. So I tried the thick 1.6 sponge Storkraft and didn't notice any loss in terms of spin reversal but it eliminated the issue of the harder loops bouncing off of it a little too much.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2022, 16:39 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
dwruck wrote:
Deluxe Carbon, to me, is more stiff and faster than the Matador. However, thanks to the dampening sponge of the Storkraft, I can still control the ball very well and keep defensive shots short when I want. The nice part is, the speed helps my forehand, as my loops and hits are much more dangerous now. The Matador was a good blade, I just think the effect of the anti is a little better with Deluxe Carbon. What helped me in terms of control was going to thicker sponge on the Storkraft. With the thin 0.8 sponge on the Deluxe Carbon I felt like it bottomed out sometimes and I would lose a bit of control. So I tried the thick 1.6 sponge Storkraft and didn't notice any loss in terms of spin reversal but it eliminated the issue of the harder loops bouncing off of it a little too much.
What wood is it made off?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2022, 06:05 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I don't know what type of wood, here is all of the info that was on their website:

https://www.der-materialspezialist.com/ ... ::158.html

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2022, 06:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Carels wrote:
dwruck wrote:
What wood is it made off?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

Regrettably,It does seem DMS brand is reluctant to disclose info on their blades. :n:

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2022, 06:12 

Blade: Baricade
FH: Butterfly Super Anti
BH: Lion International
I’m fairly new to the anti game since I’ve been playing long pips for many a year.

I’ve had to change due to the cost of replacing my pips side every 3 weeks or so. I’ve now gone totally left field with as slow a combination as I could find. That is with the Dr Neubauer Baricade with the butterfly super anti predominately on my forehand and a Lion International on my backhand.

I do twiddle but I’m trying to establish the feel component which I must say is coming along nicely. So limited grip and power but absorbing many shots in the process. The big aspect is the variation in pace of medium to super slow which really throws opponents of their timing.

It’s a work in progress since I’m playing this for about 6 to 8 months. My win percentage was over the last few years in the league between 70 and 80%, and now it’s slightly higher in the low 80’s. My game is based to play in zone 1 for 95% of the time.

I hardly get any spin reversal but rather dead and very dead balls which somehow seems to really bother my opponents.

The next two weeks will define my season.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2022, 17:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^^^^what division are you in .
if you play at a high level try and play all of the best players.
if your combo works then that is good.
if you struggle you either change or stay at that level.
you have an unusual style that can be effective up to a certain level i assume.
you are using traditional anti-i think the other guys on this thread are using glanti or fanti.
why not check e bay for cheap second hand blades to try ?
the donic defplay may suit you.
i can also twiddle and play anti f/h.i use best anti.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2022, 19:10 

Blade: Baricade
FH: Butterfly Super Anti
BH: Lion International
In my province its the highest league but in terms of the rest of the world, our country does not feature, unfortunately. We don't have any professional players that get paid to play the sport so its social and we do it for the love of the game.

I get to compete against some of our national players with the odd win here and there but i would hit the ceiling limit against any quality player playing them regularly.

My style is just very unconventional over here, that's why I had to change from the long pips setup due to me attacking with the long pips on my forehand and breaking pips very regularly. The super anti setup means I can hit to my hearts content and have the pace variation as hand. Unfortunately I don't play with the frictionless antis that allow for the spin reversal. Playing with live inverted rubbers is also enjoyable but for a match or tournament the high speed of the game is too fast for me. My height, weight, fitness and age in that regard are against me.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 07:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
I just meant your highest local league level mate.
best of luck :Chop: