OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 22 Jun 2024, 18:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Neubauer ABS 3
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2024, 01:47 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Looking good Gepi. I can tell you've been working on your forehand, both loop and block. It's much more consistent now. Good movement too. Keep working on the touch on those short balls, the control with ABS3 is great and you can offset some of the loss of reversal by dropping the ball short.

One thing I'd say I noticed, and I think your opponent did in the third or fourth game, was that you were "cheating" in the backhand corner to run around and loop.

I do really like the hit you are doing with it. You take such a big swing then it dies on the other player.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2024, 07:31 

GregorTT425 wrote:
I was thinking you might want to learn to twiddle. From the video I could see the only time you switched rubbers on sides was at serving. Learning to twiddle makes your game much more unpredictable and disruptive. Haven't you thought about it yet?

I'm working on this but its hard to decide to twiddle in official match, specially in hard matches, because is not automatic yet. I have to train more.

Anyway, after one month of intense use , i feel again, as the first time i tried the rubber, a worsening on control and spin reversal. I really like this rubber but durability in my experience it's questionable, and clean the rubber has low results.

What's your opinion/experience?

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2024, 07:57 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa
FH: Dignics09c
BH: Scandal
gepi1993 wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
I was thinking you might want to learn to twiddle. From the video I could see the only time you switched rubbers on sides was at serving. Learning to twiddle makes your game much more unpredictable and disruptive. Haven't you thought about it yet?

I'm working on this but its hard to decide to twiddle in official match, specially in hard matches, because is not automatic yet. I have to train more.

Anyway, after one month of intense use , i feel again, as the first time i tried the rubber, a worsening on control and spin reversal. I really like this rubber but durability in my experience it's questionable, and clean the rubber has low results.

Yeah, I feel you.

For the very first weeks and/or months it is not the easiest to learn twiddling. You have to be careful not to make it fully automatic, only semi-automatic, meaning you should not twiddle all the time and for every shot. For example, I only use the antispin on my forehand only during serve receives, chops and light smashes. On the backhand I use it for smashes, chops, blocks, sideswipes and pushes. For both forehand and backhand sometimes you should use both the inverted and antispin rubber to make your game more unpredictable, which's base will be given by the twiddling. If you are not stable yet, practice only during trainings and on easier matches. Sooner or later you will develop a feel and reflex regarding when to twiddle. I really cannot give and more specific advice, as for me it was almost automatic to develop this skill which proves to be quite effective. The only way is to train yourself. Once again, only carefully, as too much twiddling will make you confused and will ruin your performance. Try to keep it on a reasonable level. For example, if you have the chance to attack with backhand and you want to make it quick, rotate your blade and hit or topspin with the inverted. You do not have to use the antispin on forehand for example or you do not have to twiddle very often, sometimes could be enough. Since the attacks with the antispin (especially ABS 3) is not so quick, your opponent will most likely reach and return it. If you hit with inverted, you increasd the ball's speed and boost your chances of getting a point. You can also do it alternately, meaning once you attack with antispin, once with inverted.

Good luck and have fun!

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2024, 22:18 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: Trick Anti
gepi1993 wrote:

I can just confirm that I have the same experience - after some time (a month or two) the Antis that I've tried (mostly classic ones, but also tried ABS-3) develop some grip and lose the passive reversal qualities. Not entirely, but to some degree. A friend of mine somehow sands his Anti periodically but I prefer to adjust to the changes.. At least on my level I'm not very fixated on the passive reversal of the Anti - more on the control..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8