OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Neubauer ABS 3
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2022, 05:53 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
gepi1993 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:
[quote="dwruck"]Here are links to a couple of Luka Mladenovic's most recent matches in the Bundesliga:

vs. Omar Assar
https://youtu.be/A-KqL0KaQiw

vs. Dang Qiu
https://youtu.be/5lq2hgsq9fI

Do you know wich materials is playing mladenovic now? Still matador texa carbon with ABS 3?
Luka is using ABS 2 pro. Some Matador blade, not sure which one

So Luka has not switched to ABS 3? Thats strange as he his the best dr Neubauer player with anti.[/quote]ABS 2 pro is much faster and gives benefits when doing the side sweep attacks.

I got my 1.5 directly from Carsten Neubauer. It will soon be out for sale.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2022, 06:40 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Def-attack wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
[quote="gepi1993"][quote="dwruck"]Here are links to a couple of Luka Mladenovic's most recent matches in the Bundesliga:

vs. Omar Assar
https://youtu.be/A-KqL0KaQiw

vs. Dang Qiu
https://youtu.be/5lq2hgsq9fI

Do you know wich materials is playing mladenovic now? Still matador texa carbon with ABS 3?
Luka is using ABS 2 pro. Some Matador blade, not sure which one

So Luka has not switched to ABS 3? Thats strange as he his the best dr Neubauer player with anti.[/quote]ABS 2 pro is much faster and gives benefits when doing the side sweep attacks.

I got my 1.5 directly from Carsten Neubauer. It will soon be out for sale.[/quote]What would you say are the main differences between the 2.0 and 1.5?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2022, 17:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
2.0 is clearly slower and has a higher throw angle compared to 1.5. 2.0 is slower and more easy to hit with (even against slight top spin). But I have not tried them both on the same blade yet, so I can't really tell yet.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2022, 19:06 

Would it be true to asume that the 1.5 is more in between the Abs 2 pro and the abs 3 2.0?

For me the choice between the two is difficult. I like the offensive properties of the pro and the control abs 3 gives me.
I´m looking for the best of both worlds :)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2022, 01:37 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
First training session with the new ABS 3 played on a Stiga Cybershape Carbon! Hope you enjoy the video :angel:

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2022, 05:18 

New video from tournament of 11/09. Bad loss for me, maybe i had to be more agressive with forehand or twiddle (i'm not confident on it in official matches). Consider that i got him in training match two weeks ago with storkraft so i think he got less trouble playing against ABS 3.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2022, 23:29 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Thanks Gepi that was interesting to watch. Your forehand was really good. When you got that into the match, you won just about every point. That being said, he didn't really have any trouble with the ABS3. Perhaps with continued practice you will get a better idea of what sorts of combinations work well for you with that rubber. As I suspected, using the ABS3 a player needs to be more active in looking for their attack with their inverted rubber, because you won't get the same amount of points off spin reversal as with a rubber like Storkraft. But it's safer to play with the ABS3, you rarely made an error.
One suggestion I'd give you that might help is try to drop more balls short. Have a more passive interaction with the ball at contact and try to make it so most shots with the ABS3 would double (or more) bounce on the other player's side. The ABS3 is very good for that, and I think that sort of "in and out" type of play would be effective. With the reversal of Storkraft you can get away with putting the ball a little high or long; the ABS3 requires much more concentration on placement.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2022, 01:24 

I played my first 4 matches with Abs 3 this weekend. I don´t have footage, but what I learned.

* hit agressive with it. Even when pushing, hit hard. When blocking, do a chopblock
* you need to be able to twiddle and confuse the enemy. Also in pushes and blocks. The difference in speed and spin is important.
* don´t rely on passive revearsal
* make points with your own attack, use the abs to slow down and take initiative

I started out strong in my first match. Before i knew i was up 2 - 0. My opponent made very many mistakes I didn´t have to play my own game. He got good coaching and started killing me with slow soft topspins in my backhand. I didn´t have the balls to twiddle and couldn´t get into my own offense. I lost 2 - 3.

Second game i played against a young gun. I was sure i´d loose when not attacking. I played balls to the wall offense, agressive pushes and blocks and steparound FH loops and found the courrage to start twiddling. He answered with more speed and spin as i wanted. 3 - 0. But very close sets.

3th Match i played against a seasoned veteran player. He played very well but i could make the difference with good offensive play and some good blocks and serves.

4th was a close match against mid pimple FH player. He was the one coaching the other so knew very well what to do and had a solid gameplan with good execution. He kept going into the BH rally´s and punished me when i tried to pivot. I played a good game with lots of offense and twiddling, but forgot or was too scared to push into his FH pips before trying to finish the rally with a diogonal attack. 2 - 3 he finished the last set 9 - 11 with two good attacks.

In the end I lost 2 close matches but could have won if I executed my gameplan better. So still have lots of stuff to learn.
For me it was a very good evening. It was my first time playing in competition with anti and my first time playing in the highest provincial league in my country (just below bigger regional and national level). Needless to say i was pretty nervous. But I survived and feel exited to keep this journey going :)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2022, 02:43 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Carels wrote:
When blocking, do a chopblock

I have to disagree with you here! When you chopblock with frictionless anti you will not get any reversal. With the ABS3 you can block short and low with a lose wrist (see Luka or Carlos) and force your opponent to push the ball which in turn you can attack then.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2022, 02:49 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
gepi1993 wrote:
New video from tournament...

Thanks for posting Gepi! You play very well with your bh but you also like to cover 3/4 of the table with it which makes you more predicable and the opponent doesn't have to worry as much about your attack. I don't necessarily think you need to twiddle (though it might help) but you should attack longer balls into your fh which you often bump back with your anti bh. Focus on that in practice matches that you want to attack anything in your fh. You can also do practice drills like one ball into your bh (you block) and next ball a longer push into your fh so you step over and attack it.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2022, 02:51 

Matt Pimple wrote:
Carels wrote:

I have to disagree with you here! When you chopblock with frictionless anti you will not get any reversal. With the ABS3 you can block short and low with a lose wrist (see Luka or Carlos) and force your opponent to push the ball which in turn you can attack then.
I mean a block with a downward motion. Maybe chopblock isn´t the correct term.

I gives me plenty of revearsal. Alsmost noone could pull off two spins in a row. I always got a push back wich i could attack or give a lot of underspin

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2022, 04:08 

dwruck wrote:
Thanks Gepi that was interesting to watch. Your forehand was really good. When you got that into the match, you won just about every point. That being said, he didn't really have any trouble with the ABS3. Perhaps with continued practice you will get a better idea of what sorts of combinations work well for you with that rubber. As I suspected, using the ABS3 a player needs to be more active in looking for their attack with their inverted rubber, because you won't get the same amount of points off spin reversal as with a rubber like Storkraft. But it's safer to play with the ABS3, you rarely made an error.
One suggestion I'd give you that might help is try to drop more balls short. Have a more passive interaction with the ball at contact and try to make it so most shots with the ABS3 would double (or more) bounce on the other player's side. The ABS3 is very good for that, and I think that sort of "in and out" type of play would be effective. With the reversal of Storkraft you can get away with putting the ball a little high or long; the ABS3 requires much more concentration on placement.

Hi mate! Thanks for feedback. I agree about the in and out but consider that is not easy to do against all opponents. In that match he was attacking everything, also short balls with flicks so i was safer on long balls because was easier to predict the directions of attacks and block. Agree also on reversal, it was like 0. Now dr. Neubauer sent me a new rubber and it seem very different with much more inversion, will test It in tournament this weekend and give you a feedback.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2022, 04:09 

Matt Pimple wrote:
Carels wrote:

Agree with you, chop block can do in emergency or to confuse , but can't be the standard block.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2022, 04:10 

Matt Pimple wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:
New video from tournament...

Thanks for posting Gepi! You play very well with your bh but you also like to cover 3/4 of the table with it which makes you more predicable and the opponent doesn't have to worry as much about your attack. I don't necessarily think you need to twiddle (though it might help) but you should attack longer balls into your fh which you often bump back with your anti bh. Focus on that in practice matches that you want to attack anything in your fh. You can also do practice drills like one ball into your bh (you block) and next ball a longer push into your fh so you step over and attack it.

Thanks mate. I really appreciate your feedback. Will work hard on that and on legs movement wich Is my weaker point.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2022, 04:49 

New match vs good attacker from tournament (1200+ Italy ladder) played this weekend (23/09).

I always enjoy your feedback.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next