OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Juic Neo Anti
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2021, 07:45 

Blade: Hallmark combi
FH: Hurricane 2 red side
BH: Curl P1 r .5. black side
KindButcher wrote:
Gazzatron,

Do you have any videos you are playing with the JUIC?
What blades did you try or recommend to someone who is interested in juic neo ANTI 1.5mm.
I can chop away from table and can block too. The control is everything to me. And I prefer slow returns, rubbers and taking the pace off.

Hi, thanks for your reply. No vids I'm afraid. As for my set up I do have an old stiga stellan bengtsson defensive blade. The coach at my club has an allround one probably same age. Doubt if you could easily get this model as its old. This season, I've changed to another old def blade. Nothing special just basic. However based on what you say about control, I'd say for sure go with a slower defensive blade. Tsp did some gooduns I believe. Combined with the neo anti, and the rev rubber of your choice it will give you great feel and control, so you can lead with your anti, and come round for attacks with your normal side. I've tried the neo with all rounds and faster blade, but prefer slower for best effect. I haven't ever tried neo in anything other than the 2mm, I would presume 1.5 may be a little less pacey, interested to know what you think of it. I'm very comfortable with it. My forehand rubber is an old sheet of chop and drive, which, I think is only 1.7mm. Bear in mind I believe important to be a little proactive with the neo..it will confuse even better players. One other thing for me anyhow, is having a fairly light and balanced set up..I do twiddle a lot, so its nice to feel lighter. With that in mind I like the idea of less sponge say up to 1.5mm. And a straight handled blade better for sure, but it's not imperative if you dont like that type of handle.

Last edited by Gazzatron on 14 Nov 2021, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Juic Neo Anti
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2021, 17:52 

Blade: Hallmark combi
FH: Hurricane 2 red side
BH: Curl P1 r .5. black side
Robot Blocker wrote:
Silver wrote:
Do any of you anti chopper have a hard time keeping the ball low with spin?
I find I can either return it high with a crapload of spin or low float...

I find with my Anti play, a less severe chop action, combined with a variable strength, push / float action, cushioned or pulled back, produces balls which as Speedplay has alluded to, will cause your oppo to dump in the net or go off the end of the table and the deception will mess with their confidence no end!

This is the kind of shot i absolutely love to play and when you pick the right shot to play it on and you can guarantee it is your point, whooooa, it feels as good as a smash to me. :lol:

My game has improved massively now i have the subtlety to deliver this shot in a variety of disguises!

It makes me feel.... :twisted: ............... :lol:...................... :D

Yes I find that if I chop chop chop with neo it becomes boring and unless your solid predictable. Key is for sure to vary up the tempo. So for example I'll push punch chop and then, sometimes a roll, even a hit. Another good tip is, twiddle and play normal rev for a while, then surprise with an anti.. mix it is the key.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6