OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Dec 2007, 07:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Cheers, saves me having to look it up :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007, 08:07 

now that is wierd because i was going to ask how an anti would be if it were to be speed glued i am thinking of giving anti a go after being told it would be easier for me to learn anti than lps
i had a hit with some butterfly super anti special and found it a lot easier to play against people a whole 2 leagues better than me
whereas with the long pips i couldnt even land the ball on the table
so there must be a bigger chunk of EJ in me than i thought :wink:
might try this and the 804 in for a penny in for a pound :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007, 08:57 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Anti rubbers are not meant to be glued. Gluing them would make them faster and more lively, which is something most would not want out fo such a rubber... Sure it might make it easeir to attack with, but this i usually not what players want for an anti apaprt from the occasional surprise attack...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007, 10:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Fair enough... nothing wrong with it if it works for you! I bet it really soaks up the speed glue well, since the sponge is so soft and porous...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007, 10:17 

Interesting idea Speedplay.

I wouldn't think Speed Glue would benefit this anti. You can generate spin, but you really need to dig into the ball, I find it easier to do on my forehand then backhand.

I win a allot of points by slow dead block and keeping it short. With speed glue it might start to act a little more like inverted only with less spin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 02:05 
Angel of Abbyss

Of course there are slow and fast antis: I have here a Friendship 804 on a blue sponge and if I would compare it to the Best Anti (yes Nittaku) I now use it is like to compare a varispin and a Torpedo.

The 804 may be used almost like a normal backside with the main difference in sensibility to incoming effects. But this one is also grippier than the Best Anti (a bit grippy but realle a bit).
When you block with the Best anti you can stop the ball nearly behind the net, with the 804 it is like a normal rubber.

I knew a player here in Belgium who used speed glue wit hhis anti. Why?
He used it as an offensive rubber attacking and blocking and of course he doesn't care about the effect you were trying to use.

http://www.diabolosyl.net (my own site)
http://www.tennis-de-table.com (biggest forum in France)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 05:53 

My 2 cents...

When I used anti, I used it more to block and hit than to chop. I like to stay close to the table. I use to love when someone would push to my BH so I could open my bat angle and "borrow" their backspin to hit a hard (seemingly spinny) BH down their FH line. If they got their bat on the ball - they usually hit it into the net.

Flipping the anti to my FH and countering softly to their FH also caused them to net a lot of balls. Soft counters worked better than fast counters.

Anti also gives you the ability to move your opponent around - if you block softly to the short wide angles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 13:29 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi Speedplay and members...do you think that the Neo-anti is more like a Boomerang rubber than a Superblock rubber...Boomerang is hittable, and also the chop-push-sideswipe works well...
I was just thinking how the neo rubber plays, and is there any spin reversal similar to Boomerang there...
It seems to me that the good Dr should concentrate on making an anti rubber that closely mimics his pips such as Boomerang, Inferno and Superblock...

Using an anti is definitely an option I have never considered and I imagine and hope that an inverted rubber with the characteristics of Boomerang will materialize before July 2008...

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in comparing Boomerang to the available anti's with regard to Boomerangs characteristics such as spin reversal, wobbly balls, blocking and hitability etc...

????

fosss

speedplay wrote:
You are kind of right on that assumption Sheepcoate. With speed glue, and it does take a lot, its even possible to pull off a loop with it. Sure, its very little spin, but still a loop. As most players don't expect that from an anti, it works nice as a surprise.

Dead blocks still works, but I have to pull my bat backwards when I make contact. Nothing to worry about in touch shots, so for me and my likings, I'm going to keep it speed glued even if it's currently put away as I want to try the Andra Krypto that Mathias did send me :D

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 14:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It is certainly slow and not springy at all. Spin reversal depends on how hard you make contact, but i think it's still significantly less than those Dr N rubbers, closer to grippy LPs but slower than most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 14:26 

fosssil wrote:
Hi Speedplay and members...do you think that the

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in comparing Boomerang to the available anti's with regard to Boomerangs characteristics such as spin reversal, wobbly balls, blocking and hitability etc...

????

fosss

It doesn't wobble the ball, but allot easier to block then compared to P1 and allot less sensitive to spin.

Hitting is very easy and surprisingly quick considering how dead the rubber is. I find it easier to attack then P1

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2007, 22:06 

is that you find it easier to attack using the anti
or you find it easy to attack the anti as in play against it

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2008, 08:04 

speedplay wrote:
Sheepcoat, how rude to leave this question hanging!

Yes no excuses, I'm rude!

Having more game play time with the Anti, looping is difficult unless it's backspin. I tend to chop, block, or hit loops.....it's good to have options.

Any high balls can be easily put away, but like LP's, generating any topspin is hard, but flat hitting is considerably easier then LP's, an area that I was always weak and exploited by many players with LP's.

I find that I don't get scrutinized before the match and most people assume that I am playing with regular rubber. It's always good for a few cheap serves with Anti before they figure out whats happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2008, 08:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Yes and some never work it out... and think it's your skill and hours of practice that allows you to vary the spin so deceptively :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 01:09 

I have one blade with Neo Anti on it and short pips on the forehand it is a real Long pimple killer as the pimple player gets no spin :lol:
It is a great rubber much better in red than black

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2008, 09:49 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Speedplay, are you using 1.5 or 2.0mm ? I wonder how much this changes the playing characteristics?

Compared to regular inverted, how heavy is this rubber?

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next