OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Juic Neo Anti
PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 13:06 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I'm chopping with Anti because I'm rubbish with LP.

It's sort of silly. All I'm getting so far are medium spin chops and float balls.
I had a bit of a problem too: If you go through too fast, the ball literally slides off the rubber during the chop.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 14:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Silver wrote:
I'm chopping with Anti because I'm rubbish with LP.

It's sort of silly. All I'm getting so far are medium spin chops and float balls.
I had a bit of a problem too: If you go through too fast, the ball literally slides off the rubber during the chop.

I can't believe it... finally!!! :cheers:

The secret is to vary between light contact and heavy contact... On light contact it does slide off, which is where you get the spin reversal. On heavy contact the rubber grips, and you get no reversal and actually get some spin. Somewhere in between you get float balls...
Heavy spin on serves does grip on this rubber, so either adjust for it, or make very light contact.

It does chop more like inverted, and once you get the hang of it the control is excellent.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 15:15 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Do any of you anti chopper have a hard time keeping the ball low with spin?
I find I can either return it high with a crapload of spin or low float...

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 19:02 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds like you're chopping like with inverted... You've got to brush the back of the ball, and brush fast enough to overcome the spin on there... Same thing with LPs... If someone's looping fast it may not be that easy though...

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 05:51 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Silver wrote:

I find with my Anti play, a less severe chop action, combined with a variable strength, push / float action, cushioned or pulled back, produces balls which as Speedplay has alluded to, will cause your oppo to dump in the net or go off the end of the table and the deception will mess with their confidence no end!

This is the kind of shot i absolutely love to play and when you pick the right shot to play it on and you can guarantee it is your point, whooooa, it feels as good as a smash to me. :lol:

My game has improved massively now i have the subtlety to deliver this shot in a variety of disguises!

It makes me feel.... :twisted: ............... :lol:...................... :D

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 07:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Silver wrote:

More advice: To chop lower with anti, just change your blade angle so it's more vertical. To float higher, if you take it later you will have more options on trajectory.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2020, 18:19 

I have a defensive ( all - ) blade ( grubba variant from the 90s ).
I'd like to try rakza 7 on one side and juic neo on the other side.

Should I go min sponge ( 1mm ) or much thicker?

Playing style:
I'd like to chop ( hyuk style ) but.. I also like to take off the pace from spin-based players by slowing them down. I can also control the ball pretty good by dropping near net or deep net corners on slow balls. I figure the more the control on the racket, the easier and better this is

With this playing style in mind, which sponge thickness, should I go with?

If I go with the max sponge thickness, what would I be maximizing?
I think I will produce more spinny chops? And cause more Reversals. Is this correct?

And what would I be loosing the most?
I think I will be loosing the control and ability to send super slow balls.

Is my understanding correct? If one goes with halfway-sponge thickness, would he be getting the best of both worlds or miss the best of both worlds in this particular rubber?

Thank you for your thougts..

Thankyou

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2020, 18:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
KindButcher wrote:
I have a defensive ( all - ) blade ( grubba variant from the 90s ).
I'd like to try rakza 7 on one side and juic neo on the other side.

Should I go min sponge ( 1mm ) or much thicker?

Playing style:
I'd like to chop ( hyuk style ) but.. I also like to take off the pace from spin-based players by slowing them down. I can also control the ball pretty good by dropping near net or deep net corners on slow balls. I figure the more the control on the racket, the easier and better this is

With this playing style in mind, which sponge thickness, should I go with?

If I go with the max sponge thickness, what would I be maximizing?
I think I will produce more spinny chops? And cause more Reversals. Is this correct?

And what would I be loosing the most?
I think I will be loosing the control and ability to send super slow balls.

Is my understanding correct? If one goes with halfway-sponge thickness, would he be getting the best of both worlds or miss the best of both worlds in this particular rubber?

Thank you for your thougts..

Thankyou

ive sent u a pm mate

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 11:51 

Hello,
Which one is slower? The 1.5 or the 2.0mm version?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 21:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

KindButcher wrote:
Hello,

i would assume 2mm as it absorbs the ball due to the thick sponge-the 1.5 allows ball and bat wood contact and would be faster.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2021, 11:22 

peterpong wrote:
KindButcher wrote:
Hello,

i would assume 2mm as it absorbs the ball due to the thick sponge-the 1.5 allows ball and bat wood contact and would be faster.

That makes a lot of sense.

But sometimes that logic does not hold like in tsp curl p1r as the sponge get thicker, the control decreases kdue to the speedl however a similar racket, like feint long 3, works completely the other way around. It's best to get the opinion from someone who played with both thicknesses on the blade.

For example I happened to play with Sauger & Trauger's super stop 1.5mm and 1.9mm (on the same blade), I can surely tell that the 1.9mm is an inch slower, (meaning the same shot lands the ball an inch closer).

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2021, 16:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

KindButcher wrote:
peterpong wrote:
KindButcher wrote:
Hello,

That makes a lot of sense.

But sometimes that logic does not hold like in tsp curl p1r as the sponge get thicker, the control decreases kdue to the speedl however a similar racket, like feint long 3, works completely the other way around. It's best to get the opinion from someone who played with both thicknesses on the blade.

For example I happened to play with Sauger & Trauger's super stop 1.5mm and 1.9mm (on the same blade), I can surely tell that the 1.9mm is an inch slower, (meaning the same shot lands the ball an inch closer).

i play with best anti and super stop is supposed to be good.if a sheet comes up on e bay ill try

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021, 00:57 

Blade: Hallmark combi
FH: Hurricane 2 red side
BH: Curl P1 r .5. black side
I've played neo for years, and, always go back to it after messing about with other combos during practice. What I adore with this rubber sheet, (mines many years old by the way), is the great control. Not many incoming balls are a real problem, although, it's not totally non reactive to incoming spin to be fair. So, chops, general tight play are really steady. Defensively it's sound. Alas, playing pure defence, unless your a super defender, I think would be detrimental, in that you wouldn't be using neos full gearing. I believe to be most effective with this anti it pays to hit with it and mix it up. I play best when I mix in chops with rolls, using both wings, and setting up opportunities for kills on my normal rev side. At times, I become bored with it, so the key is to mix it up. Become too steady, can leave you open to being predictable. Play with thought and it's key is in its ability to vary the pace and spin of the game, and that niggles a lot of modern players.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 22:09 

Gazzatron,

Do you have any videos you are playing with the JUIC?
What blades did you try or recommend to someone who is interested in juic neo ANTI 1.5mm.
I can chop away from table and can block too. The control is everything to me. And I prefer slow returns, rubbers and taking the pace off.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2021, 00:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

KindButcher wrote:
Gazzatron,

Do you have any videos you are playing with the JUIC?
What blades did you try or recommend to someone who is interested in juic neo ANTI 1.5mm.
I can chop away from table and can block too. The control is everything to me. And I prefer slow returns, rubbers and taking the pace off.

i have tried loads of classic antis,juic neo antipower butterfly.i settled with best anti thick-super for chopping and good for blocks.juic is faster than best-donic defplay is a good defence blade.i cut several of mine down

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next