OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2020, 10:48 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

:lol:

Here's what he does after leaving Kyoto. I think Miku's been pretty sad for at least a couple weeks after Adam-niisan left.. :lol:

Wonder what his gig is. Andro probably pays him to travel around the world playing exhibitions like this and make videos, the local Andro sales team probably arranges things and puts him up. Probably a LOT of T-shirts sold (note the guy with the Bobrow t-shirt, and most were wearing the same pattern shirt). The "omiage" turned out to be.. :lol: Well, he's good enough and entertaining enough to make money, have fun and travel the world playing table tennis.. Urayamashi yo... :lol:

That last player was really good. It'd be interesting to see if those two schoolgirls show up in some later video. I imagine high school teams are pretty good in Japan, they can be here.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2020, 14:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

A few lessons to learn here. 1) Apparently 2500 level players can adapt to anything in a hurry. For someone who's had a sandpaper bat for a week... 2) The lobbing game doesn't work very well with hardbat. 3) I suppose if you're playing with sponge and Jimmy Butler's playing with hardbat an attacking game is better than lobbing.

I wonder if he's ever played against Larry Hodges and his clipboard.

Last time I saw Jimmy Butler in person he must've been seven years old, was maybe 4 foot tall.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2020, 16:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

HAPPY TRAVELLER

The most exciting question all people wondering about:
-- Is Adam able to cope with a skilled professional player of WR100 ??
Yes, yes he is apt to very much.

Adam Bobrow is now listed as a payed personnel for ITTF. All travelling costs at the expense of the ITTF. Adam happy traveller, reimbursed for his every trip oversea. (to those countries hosting an ITTF event and which needing a presence of narrator's voice.)

/Be happy/

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2020, 01:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This got posted a few hours ago. Not as interesting as the previous ones, but that Rasanter table is worth seeing once.. :lol:

I wonder if it's possible to arrange to visit Butterfly's HQ if you visit Tokyo - maybe they're set up for tourist visits...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2020, 23:19 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Rasanter table lol, very very green indeed

PostPosted: 05 May 2020, 01:55 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The latest one.

It's a good thing he didn't make a mistake and say "unko daisuki" instead. :lol: :lol: :lol: I was expecting more from those kids, I was expecting some of them to be 1600+ rated, most seemed around 1000-1300.

What a fantastic gig.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 May 2020, 02:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This one's an actual instructional video. Made some months ago. I'll be studying this closely.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 May 2020, 20:19 

Great videos. Like others, i initially found Adam's personality a bit too OTT and irritating/distracting. But over time I have come to appreciate his knowledge of the game, and his commentary has become better I think. There is certainly no doubting his passion for the game, and even though he has such an awkward looking playing style, he definately has skills. Those snake shots are great fun to watch and I'd love to pull a few on the people I play against!!

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2020, 01:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

He's not kidding. This is one of the most intense matches I've ever seen.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2020, 01:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

1shot wrote:
Great videos. Like others, i initially found Adam's personality a bit too OTT and irritating/distracting. But over time I have come to appreciate his knowledge of the game, and his commentary has become better I think. There is certainly no doubting his passion for the game, and even though he has such an awkward looking playing style, he definately has skills. Those snake shots are great fun to watch and I'd love to pull a few on the people I play against!!

He's got exactly the right personality, attitude, skills and playing style to succeed as a YouTube table tennis video maker. He's got the ability to win over people he needs to interact with (particularly kids), he isn't arrogant or thinks too much of himself, and isn't self-conscious. As I've said, he's got one heck of a gig, and I hope he keeps doing it for many years to come. That last video was a master class in both lobbing and how to deal with a 2100-level lobber.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2020, 03:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

This is a hot prick into Adam's rear flesh, just to better please him. (laughting)

Kara offering a nice masterclass of How To Nullify Bobrow"s Lobbing Play

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2020, 01:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This is getting up there... Cheng I Ching..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2021, 19:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

What's so interesting about this? I've seen comments under Adam's videos that he doesn't know how to attack, doesn't loop, etc. Mainly posted by ignorant people who haven't seen a lobber play. Well, in this video you see how he plays against a chopper, beginning at 10:15. This chopper is from Iraq, and would be rated about the same as Bobrow (2150 or so). What's really interesting is when they actually play a game they never get into chop-and-loop exchanges - it ends up with the chopper killing lobs.. :lol: I'm sure s-jan will jump in (at least to himself, even if he doesn't post) and say that the chopper was stupid to play into Bobrow's game... :lol: There is a point where the roles get reversed, with Bobrow killing lobs instead. But the chopper never chops.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2021, 16:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This one has everything. Amazing drop shots, chop defense, Lily even starts lobbing for a while. The snake actually worked (twice).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2021, 20:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great video, very entertaining! :rock: