OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 May 2021, 03:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This is a T2 match (weird rules) against a Chinese chopper (Liu Fei). Szocs is ranked 27 (was as low as 14 at one time). Liu Fei doesn't seem to be ranked (at least not in the top 1200). Yet, it's really really close. You do often see unranked Chinese players who play as well as the top pros in T2.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 May 2021, 23:17 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Thanks for this video Iskandar :up:
The T2 Diamond format looks very interesting concept. What a great contest between Bernadette Szocs & Liu Fei.
I also found Bernadette Szocs tomahawk serve one I will try to perfect. :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 24 May 2021, 23:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Bernadette is a little more reserved these days,
It's around 10 years or so back she's not so reserved,
For those who haven't seen heres a reminder:
https://youtu.be/zf4kIdxXKOY

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 02:46 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I like the way they spell "cho" in that video.. :lol:

I can see why they chose her to play in T2, she wears her emotions on her sleeve and is interesting to watch.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 May 2021, 18:06 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
Unfortunately she didn't seem to improve since she lost the Top 16 Europe final to Petisa Solja while she was leading 3-0 and almost made 4-0, since that game she lost to a lot of low ranked European players, including a shocking 3-4 at Minsk to the sino-luxemburgeoise penhold granny. Agree that she's cute, she has good technique, kind of Sharapova of table tennis but without Sharapova's performances.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 May 2021, 19:20 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Can't say Sharapova's done much since winning Wimbledon the one time, either..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 May 2021, 20:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I don't like the term granny to refer to a pro table tennis player.it is so cheap to speak badly.I suggest we can criticise with finer, more subtle words.You are even righter when you express yourself without disrespect.

Losing to an older pro player means this sport is so diffficult.If you are not fit enough at that level , you lose .even in the amateur world, when you think you are so good, there comes someone of inferior level teaching you a lesson :lol:

PostPosted: 27 May 2021, 21:45 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
charmander defender wrote:
I don't like the term granny to refer to a pro table tennis player.it is so cheap to speak badly.I suggest we can criticise with finer, more subtle words.You are even righter when you express yourself without disrespect.

Losing to an older pro player means this sport is so diffficult.If you are not fit enough at that level , you lose .even in the amateur world, when you think you are so good, there comes someone of inferior level teaching you a lesson :lol:
I'm quite sure nobody from this forum can speak badly about Ni Xia Lian, she's an example of professionalism. Bernie Szocs almost had no real opponent for two years in Europe, and then, instead of continuing threatening the Asian players, she suddenly had a fall.

PostPosted: 27 May 2021, 23:31 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
I've probably been living under a rock because until recently viewing these videos I didn't know anything about T2 table tennis. I think the T2 format is a very interesting concept which probably helps make our great sport be more appealing as a spectator sport :up: :clap: :*:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 28 May 2021, 13:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

There's a lot to say about T2 (and the Indian equivalent). Some people like the format, some are vehemently against it - I'm kinda neither. The main thing that prevents it from being more interesting to me is the teams - they're somewhat artificial. There's nothing important on the line as far as I'm concerned. I would watch T2 games if there is someone interesting playing (I've seen Boll and Harimoto play) rather than rooting for one team or the other. As far the rules go, it doesn't matter to me. I can see why they'd want to put a time limit on matches, since it's made for TV. Despite living in the same country, I've never actually been down to watch it in person - it's several hours by car, and I've no idea how you get tickets even. It is where it is because it's easy for Singaporeans to get there, and a Malaysian venue would be a lot cheaper than a Singaporean one.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 May 2021, 22:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Aurelian wrote:
charmander defender wrote:

I'm quite sure nobody from this forum can speak badly about Ni Xia Lian, she's an example of professionalism. Bernie Szocs almost had no real opponent for two years in Europe, and then, instead of continuing threatening the Asian players, she suddenly had a fall.

......you are very right, :rock: ..... but lately I have seen her compete with a sort of kneepad ,..maybe she played with an impeding injury :sweat: