OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 18:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2021, 20:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum chop.slap

Interesting you have a bat with long pimples on both sides.

If you're more of a classic defender, having something significantly might improve your game, as it will make it harder for your opponent to keep track of which side you're using. If you flip it over regularly (twiddle), it will make it even harder for them (for you too though :lol: ).

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2021, 22:16 

Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Butterfly Rozena
BH: Butterfly Rozena
Hi, I'm Matej from Slovenia, and I have been playing table tennis all my life. Now I play recreationally in my local league and also coach some friends. From zero to hero style :)

I also like to make things and love tech. I am working on a "smart table tennis racket" - I call it Racketry because of racket + telemetry. I have been doing this for quite some time and have come pretty far. So if you want to know more, you can check it out on https://racketry.com. I would also love to hear what you think!

There were times when I wasn't playing table tennis that much, but it looks like this time it came back big :) I like also like to do a variety of sports like surfing and running. I am also interested in tesh and training performance.

I found about this forum looking to find a big table tennis community. And this one looks to be really cool. Glad to be a part of it. :)

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2021, 20:44 

Blade: yasaka sweden
FH: tibhar evolution el-p
BH: tsp curl 2
Delighted to enter this community of players, I have been in this game for 1 year, and I feel a lot of passion to improve, so what better idea than to be part of ooakforum to continue learning.
A cordial greeting to all and see you here.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2021, 06:34 

I'm new here and I'm amazed how much table tennis related information I can find in this forum. Myself I'm 32 years old and play TT casually since I'm 14. I've never attended any tournaments but I like to watch them and to bet on good players.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2021, 20:53 

Hello everyone!

I just finally found a sport I really enjoy, I used to play basketball but it's really hard to gather members.

I've been playing TT ever since the 4th semester of college, but I never played more than casual until the 6th.

Im considering an upgrade from a doublefish premade racket. (I'm a fresh graduate btw as of 2021)

I hope we can have discussions, thank you!

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2021, 23:27 

Hello everybody, I’m Cole and I just started in the table tennis realm. I’m here to see more perspectives and even equipment to the game. Also would like to relate to some people and maybe even learn some new tricks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2021, 23:31 

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Grass Dtechs
My name is Fabio, I'm from Brazil. I play in a club in the city of Vila Velha-ES

I started playing ping-pong when I was 12 years old, I used rackets without rubbers and the style was penhold. In Brazil the penhold style is very popular.

I didn't play for years, at 29(I currently have 41) I started playing again. Watching games on Youtube I started playing shakehand and bought my first table tennis racket a DHS 4002, then I bought a second which was the Timo Boll Spirit.

Later I started playing as Chopper using a Joo Sehyuki blade but mine managed to improve my game level playing as Chop-block using Long Pips without sponge (0x). I train three times a week.

I participate in the regional championship which has already been in third place overall twice, I am diabetic and stopped during the pandemic and I must return on November 28th. I participated twice in the national championship and won medals in individual and teams.

In 2018 I took a trip to Europe and had the opportunity to train in Berlin with Sebastian Sauer.

Outside the TT I am a civil servant working as an auditor in the IT area. I have a degree in IT and have certifications from Microsoft, VMWare and Citrix.

Other hobbies: I enjoy watching series\movies and playing video games (I really like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Zelda BotW).

I came to this forum looking for information about long pips and it has become my reference on this subject.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2021, 11:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Good to have you here NewDef!

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2021, 05:32 

Hi, I'm from Chile and I play with a pencil grip. Greetings

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2021, 17:07 

Blade: Wakkibat Poc-Rocket 10
FH: Focus III Snipe 2.2mm
BH: Xiom Vega Europe 2mm
Howdy - Long time TT player and OOAK lurker, based near Fremantle Western Australia, who makes hand-made custom TT blades for fun (and increasingly for profit as well).

As a player, I'm an intermediate, offensive, shake-hand power-looper on both wings, who's currently far too attached to their backhand flick for their own liking.

As a blade maker, I'm an intermittent woodworker since childhood who's recently committed to starting their own little TT equipment micro-business... which in true Australian fashion, I have lovingly decided to call Wakkibat! :rofl: :rock:

Wakkibat is not your typical small blade maker, in that our blades are focussed around not just high-performance, but also about being as environmentally friendly and sustainably sourced as possible (think a "developing our own recipes for veneer glue" type of deal).

Being a West Australian business, we also choose to focus on experimentation with Australian native timbers in our designs, as to the best of our current knowledge we're the only company actively doing so. Our aim is to discover how the unique properties of Australian timbers are best used not just to enhance people's enjoyment of the game, but also hopefully to build the sport's overall profile in this country.

Will probably post more about my blades (and my unique philosophy towards experimentation) occasionally over time, but please know my OOAK Forum membership here is not a business development exercise. I'm here purely for my life-long love of the game, to chew the fat with other players, and hopefully learn as much as I can from them about all facets of the sport, to hopefully then improve as a player myself.

For more details on my blades and how they differ from others on the market, please (eventually) visit our website over at http://www.wakkibat.com. (...very little info over there currently, but this too will also change over time).

Thanks for reading! See you on the boards.

Shannon (aka: Wakkibatty)

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2021, 19:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Welcome to the forum Shannon!

PS You missed in "i" in your username ;)

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2021, 20:50 

haggisv wrote:
Welcome to the forum Shannon!

PS You missed in "i" in your username ;)

Yeah... I did that deliberately at first, as 'Wakkibatty' sounded worse in my head than Wakkbatty"

But then I just realised what "Wack" was a euphemism for here in WA. :rofl: :rofl:

I'll change it now... Sincere apologies for the oversight. :)

EDIT: Erk! Looks like the account settings won't let me. :( @haggisv Any advice for me? Should I just delete this account and re-register?

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2021, 01:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

All fixed :up:

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 10:50 

Blade: YIHNE 982 J-pen 1 ply
FH: Yasaka Mark V
BH: N/A
I am in the states, living in Virginia and I am a 17 year old. I've been playing table tennis for about a year and just recently I've started going to an informal club.

I currently play J-pen and, I am a very footwork based player. I am currently unranked since I have not participated in a formal tournament yet.

The other big interest in my life is Super Smash Brothers Melee for the GameCube and, a few other fighting games. I also quite like pickup games of just about any sport. I came across this forum in search for help with my endeavor to mod my J-pen blade.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2021, 01:11 

Logibearlwi wrote:
I am in the states, living in Virginia and I am a 17 year old. I've been playing table tennis for about a year and just recently I've started going to an informal club.

I currently play J-pen and, I am a very footwork based player. I am currently unranked since I have not participated in a formal tournament yet.

The other big interest in my life is Super Smash Brothers Melee for the GameCube and, a few other fighting games. I also quite like pickup games of just about any sport. I came across this forum in search for help with my endeavor to mod my J-pen blade.

Welcome! Hope you find what you're looking for :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 167  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!