OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 19:17 

Hello my name is Tom and i play for a local club in France minor league, no big deal or profecional in any way. I have the Butterfly Kreanga PowerKev Carbon blade and i wanted to conbine it with Yasaka Rakza 7 rubber on the forehand side. I am looking for consistancy but more importantly for speed and power. I play close to the table and i go midle distance when necessary. I like to play on the bounce and rarely back down away from the table. Are those two a good combination?
Also on the backhand side i have Tibhar Speedy Soft D.TecS could i replaced it with SpinLord Degu 1.8, are they in any way simular?

Any suggestion is appreciated

Tom

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2020, 14:59 

Blade: Butterfly Petr Korbel Off
FH: Butterfly Rozena
BH: Butterfly Rozena
I'm from the USA East Coast and have been playing a couple of times a week at a couple of clubs for a year, here and there before that, and still consider myself an optimistic beginner and will for a while (reading Expert In A Year and Bounce were both informative and humbling) after several months of lessons and playing in some league nights where I learned how long the road ahead is. Style wise, I have a decent backhand influenced by Tomokazu Harimoto's close to the table quick return style and my days as a recreational player that relied heavily on my backhand, an improving forehand, and a handful of serves including one I learned from reading Timo Boll's book. Expert In A Year sounded familiar as I'm the not the most athletic person, but I'm willing to work hard and have some friends who have played competitively. Right now I'm rebooting my game. I took lessons for a couple of months, then took a few months break after a break due to an injury, and now I am back at it.

I'm a tech/business entrepreneur with a few successful startups under my belt by day, dad and family guy on weekends and evenings, and as far as hobbies go, I enjoy cycling, scuba, creating web and mobile apps, DIY projects (including 3D printing), and spending time with my wife and young kid who I'm trying to get interested in table tennis).

I found this forum while researching practice balls and robots. I became more than casually interested in table tennis after I watched a friend play in a tournament a few years back, then moved to a town with a handful of clubs. Before that table tennis was just something fun that I got to do occasionally because I worked in the tech business.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2020, 09:07 

Hi, my name is Hung. I grew up in Germany and played at a local club (TTV Cloppenburg) from age 14-19. We trained twice per week and usually had one league match during the season. I use a shakehands grip and have inverted rubbers on both sides.

After a long break (20 years+) I have been playing actively again since March 2019. Currently, I live in Tokyo where table tennis is extremely popular. I really enjoy playing and hence, I practice 3-4 times per week. Once per week at a table tennis school and the other times with friends. Occasionally, I participate in tournaments -- maybe once per month on average. Before taking up table tennis again I practiced Yoga for many years at home. I still do sometimes, but table tennis is more fun for me at the moment.

Since my Japanese language skills are limited I only partially benefit from my coach's advice. That's why I signed up with TTEdge (highly recommended!!!) in January this year, which is how I found out about this forum. Brett's coaching is excellent. It's succinct and easy to remember.

Last edited by chopblock on 20 Feb 2020, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2020, 19:59 

Hi My name is Baz
I am sorry I have been on the forum for a number of years but never introduced myself.
I am 62 originally from England but retired to Germany 18 months ago. I play for TTSV Saarlouis Fraulautern in the Seniors team and the Mens 2nd team. We have 4 mens teams playing 6 in a team. 1 Seniors team playing 6 in a Team and 2 Womens teams playing 4 in a team. The club opens 3 nights a week and we play matches Saturdays and some Sundays. Playing Table Tennis in Germany is fantastic there are so many clubs and people playing.
I have 2 set ups
Set up 1.
Dark Knight Blade
Tibhar Evolution ELS Red 2.1mm Forehand
Tibhar Grass Dtecs Black OX Backhand
Set up 2
Dark Knight Blade
Andro Rasanter R47 Red 2mm
Hellfire Black OX

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2020, 11:07 

Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yinhe 9000 II FT
BH: Yinhe Moon Pro
Hi my name Imam, from Central Jakarta, Indonesia. I've been playing since 2011. after several times changing my paddle, now i'm playing with Timo Boll ALC.
Paddle:
2011 - 2016 Butterfly Sardius
2016 Butterfly Viscaria
2018 Butterfly Jun Mizutani ZLC, Photino and Zhang Jike SZLC
2019 Butterfly Timo Boll ALC

Rubber:
Yasaka Mark V
Palio Macro Era
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Commercial
DHS Gold Arc 8
Yinhe Mercury
Tenergy 05fx
Tenergy 05 Hard
Yinhe Earth II
Yinhe Moon Pro Soft
Yinhe Mercury II

I feel always having problem when using fast rubber like DHS Gold Arc 8 and Tenergy Series.
Now I'm sticking with yinhe series rubber, which is cheap and not too fast.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2020, 12:25 

Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5mm
- where are you from, country and club, where you play

I'm from South Florida, U.S. I play at a club near where I live.

- how long you've been playing (how old? :oops: )

I'm 22 and I learned to play in middle school from my dad... though only in the past ~6-7 months have I really taken it seriously. Didn't even learn how to loop properly until a few months ago!

- playing style

I learned to play as a chopper from my dad, but I'm honestly still trying to figure out what my own style is.

- level

Bad. But improving.

- job or what you do outside TT

College student & chemistry tutor on the side.

- other hobbies

Books, video games, & science, mostly.

- how you stumbled upon this forum

Google. Not many other places have such a large source of knowledge on long pips, defender equipment, defender match strategy, etc. which is a big help since there's no other defenders in my area.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2020, 08:44 

I have been interested in table tennis since I was a child. I love playing with my best friend or even just myself. I reached the professional level at school, but then I decided to go to the law University, but I continue to train as before.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2020, 22:33 

Blade: Violin
FH: Tennergy 05
BH: Spin Art
Hello! My name is Aleix and I am from Catalonia.

I played as a child and left it, now 4 years ago I started playing again.

My game is defensive, player furthest from the table but attacking on the right.

My wood: violin
Tires: Tennergy 05 and Spin art.

a pleasure to be here.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2020, 17:24 

Blade: STIGA Raptor
Hello, my name is Jane, I'm from Denver. I'm 27 years old. Been playing TT since college. I'm no expert on TT, but I could consider my self an intermediate player.

Outside of TT I'm a UIX designer.

PostPosted: 12 May 2020, 07:21 

I live in a retirement community in Tucson, Arizona. I play in a community table tennis club (that is nothing like the clubs you see on utube). Just a bunch of guys, some of which are pretty good, and I would like to get better at playing against them - particularly the ones that have wicked spin games.

So I bought my self an Amicus Prime and table that I use in my garage, and it is nice to have now that we are in coronavirus lockdown, and our club playing area has been closed.

I'm a beginning player of about 6 months. I am left handed and have a left shoulder injury that may require surgery, so I am teaching myself to play right-handed. Not an easy task. I am 84 years old.

PostPosted: 12 May 2020, 08:50 

gmartin wrote:
I live in a retirement community in Tucson, Arizona. I play in a community table tennis club (that is nothing like the clubs you see on utube). Just a bunch of guys, some of which are pretty good, and I would like to get better at playing against them - particularly the ones that have wicked spin games.

So I bought my self an Amicus Prime and table that I use in my garage, and it is nice to have now that we are in coronavirus lockdown, and our club playing area has been closed.

I'm a beginning player of about 6 months. I am left handed and have a left shoulder injury that may require surgery, so I am teaching myself to play right-handed. Not an easy task. I am 84 years old.

Kudos for starting to play table tennis in your 80s! imo, playing table tennis is a great way to stay mentally and physically fit.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2020, 17:32 

Blade: V931-005
FH: Stiga Calibra LT+
BH: TSP Spectol Red
Hey to everyone, I'm a newbie here.
I hope I find here lots of useful tips and info and some new friends.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2020, 07:13 

Blade: Custom Made (Ross Leidy)
FH: Secret Flow 1.5
BH: Secret Flow 1.5
Hi I am Ken from the UK

I have been playing since I was 11 (in 1971), but for a 10 year break between 2000 and 2010.

I have a unique style that relies on building up and maintaining sidespin with backspin from pushing, otherwise blocking. Basically its a disruptive style, with the intention of closing the game down. Occasional topspin pushes and no spin pushes are thrown in for variation. Always try to put something on the service return, usually against the incoming spin.

I used to lob but its effect was lessened with the plastic ball (less topspin). Tend more nowadays to try to put a backhand away to shorten the matches.

A custom blade will soon to on its way from Ross Leidy. I like light blades (to help quick transition) so its likely to weigh 60 g or thereabouts and will be only 5mm thick. Limba(2), Obeche, Balsa, Obeche, Mahogany(2). Mahogany on the BH. Replacing an earlier blade of his that had Limba in place of the Mahogany.

1.5mm Secret Flow (inverted) both sides, great for control, heavy spin and blocking and has punch if needed.

Valuing businesses when not playing table tennis.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2020, 01:08 

hi i'm new here, i need teamcoaching

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2020, 01:13 

Hi I'm new here from the UK I play recreational TT with my friends I prefer a Jpen blade. And joined to get some equipment advice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161 ... 167  Next