OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 15:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 167  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2020, 09:54 

Blade: Darker J-Speed 90 C-Pen
FH: 729 802-40 1.5mm
BH: Globe 999 1.0mm
After years just reading the forums I decided to create an account.

Well, I can see the forum ain't that active as it used to be, but it still has a great archive for material and techniques, It's always nice to have this kind of information available to everyone.

I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil

Blade: Avalox P700 C-Pen ( Also Clipper Wood C-Pen)
Forehand: 729 Friendship 563 Mistery 3 (1.5mm Red)
Backhand: 729 Friendship Super FX Blue Sponge (1.0mm Black).

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2020, 10:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum Sao :up: :party:

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2021, 00:57 

Hello, and greetings from NJ, USA. My name is Raegen and I'm 47 years old. Thank you very much for adding me to your community! I came across this forum while researching custom bats, and thought I would officially join.

About 4 months ago, I picked up a bat for the first time in around 30 years, and instantly fell in love with the game. I played all throughout my adolescent years, and have always enjoyed it very much. No official competitions or anything, just matches with friends and family. My buddy recently got a table, and we have been having weekly games at his place. Currently the owner of the table and myself are pretty evenly matched, and seem to be a bit better than the other two people that play with us. We are all very much beginners though.

My table tennis goals are pretty simple:
1. Purchase a custom bat (There are so many options available, and I don't really know what style I am, so this is proving to be a challenge)
2. Take some lessons (I do not have any equipment at home, so my practice consists of standing in front of a mirror holding a hair brush, and practicing some beginner strokes that I saw on youtube)
3. Dominate my garage game (And possibly find a club to play at, once the country opens up again)

Thanks again for the add, and taking the time to read this.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2021, 01:49 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Welcome Raegen.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2021, 02:48 

My name is Boris & I am 28 years old from Corner Brook, Canada. I have been playing basement table tennis since I was in my early teens & thru college. I have even found a club and an active group of players :)

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2021, 15:16 

Blade: Sanwei SU
FH: T88
BH: T88
Hi everyone,

My name is Noll and I live in New York, USA. I had a brief encounter with competitive table tennis during my school years, then didn't really touch it for about 30 years. Flash forward - now I have three sons and we picked up a respectable Stiga table for the basement. We're really enjoying it, I'm a penholder and am getting into the jpen style blades. Currently using the Sanwei SU series, very comfortable. So much fun; and who knew the dizzying amount of possible blade and rubber combinations out there!? Cheers!

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2021, 19:58 

Blade: Stiga All Round WRB
FH: T88
BH: Giant Dragon Talon NT
my name is Tarun and live in New Delhi . Today I got to know about OOAK forum , seems like it has good information about table tennis, I have started playing TT long ago in high school for a while and couple months ago decided to pick-up what I left since then.

Now I am 33 year old and work as a software developer but recently quit my job to become a blogger. My current game is better than average and my knowledge of TT equipment is getting better - thanks to this forum and all of you who answer my questions.

Table Tennis Player for the last 10 year and a full-time blogger
Recent Articles:best table tennis rackets in india

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2021, 18:56 

Blade: Enni
FH: Dignics 09c (Max)
BH: Dignics 09c (Max)
Hi everyone - nice to meet you all. My name is Antony and I play TT since 2006, in the French league. I love this sport very much and also created a startup in the TT domain.

Cheers

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2021, 22:51 

Blade: Tibhar rapid carbon light
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.8
BH: SuperSpinpips Chop II 1.5
Hello dear people,

I'm apparently supposed to introduce myself here so thats what I'm gonna do.
My name is Kai and currently I'm 18 years old, I play table tennis in the Netherlands.
My play style is classical defense with short pips (TSP SuperSpinPips chop II) on my backhand side but I twiddle a lot.
During this pandemic I'm kind off reinventing my play style, I found out that classic defense isn't as effective anymore and I'm trying to attack more.
Furthermore I'm looking for a new pips out rubber, for myself I was thinking about the Friendship 799, 802, spectol or anything that produces more backspin than the spinpips chop II so I was hoping that you guys can give me some kind of advice.
Most people adviced me to play with long pips but I just don't like the feeling of them, 799 is kind of a medium pip I thought so I'm open for that.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2021, 06:14 

I'm Stojan from Macedonia. Have been playing in high school. Recently have more time to learn and improve my gameplay. Have some equipment, not professional but will do the job.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2021, 08:17 

Blade: Gambler IM7
FH: Gambler Volt-M
BH: BTY Tackiness Drive
Hi all.
I joined just yesterday, coming across the site after cruising through all things TT online, and have my first post, in the forum already....this is my second.
I'm from Manchester, England, although am technically from Lancashire, as I was born in Bolton.
Started playing table tennis when I was 16 years old, and eventually played in the premier leagues of Salford and Bolton, respectively. Also played in the Lancashire and Cheshire league and inter-county league. Played until I was 32, then, in 1989, dislocated a shoulder and never went back to the game.
Thanks to YouTube, and Ma Long, Xu Xin, and Panagiotis Gionis (my personal favourite) in particular, I have got the bug back. I'm dumbfounded at the speed and skill level of the modern game, having not watched any of it for over 30 years.
I work as a greenkeeper for a prestigious golf course, in the heart of Missouri, USA, and, after purchasing a simple bat and set-up, have proceeded to slaughter my ping ponging work colleagues. They think I'm a TT God (in the Kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King), but, at 64, I need to see what I have left, in a more competitive arena. I'm going to join St Louis Table Tennis Club, and take it from there.
Outstanding forum, if I may say so.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2021, 09:08 

Hi Friends, Clark here, I started playing TT since.... maybe 8, then stopped playing in the university because of PC games. I am 40 now, And since my daughter started playing TT, I am trying to pick it up again.

Found the OOAK site while searching for an online shop for blades and rubbers. still trying to figure out my first bat setup.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2021, 00:44 

Blade: Yinhe/Galaxy N4
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Dawei 388-D
HI,
I started playing 'ping-pong' when i was very young just when i started high school i started in table tennis, playing with some of my friends rackets i decided to buy one, a LP, first was to balance my lack o ability but then i loved it and became a chopper.
I'm 18 now and starting civil engeneering university, I like of course table tennis, origami, math and swimming.
I was born in Brazil so thats why my english is not the best and the only whay I still train nowadays is with my homemade robot, just praying for the end of the lockdown.
Thanks for your time, Arthur

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2021, 23:32 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Good to see quite a few new members joining lately. Welcome, all. And to those of you who are confused about what equipment to choose, don't overthink it. Training first. Pick some basic bat, just avoid the "toy grade" stuff.

If you need good advice about a place to start, browse Iskandar's posts (username Iskandar Taib).

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2021, 23:41 

Blade: Sanwei M8
FH: 729 Friendship General
BH: 729 Friendship General
Hello everyone
I'm new to the forum and Table Tennis in general. Super excited to meet all of you. I've been playing for the past 3 months as a casual basement player with some of my friends, but recently ordered myself a custom setup to take my game to the next level. I chose the Sanwei M8 as I heard on this very forum that it's a good starting blade and got some generic 729 General rubbers. Anyways let's see where this game of table tennis takes us, super excited!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163 ... 167  Next