OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021, 19:10 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I wonder if there is a way to know when a renewal fee won't be paid by the manufacturer,hence the rubber will be out of the LARC after 5 years.

If you buy a rubber that is dificult to find due to lack of stock and it seems the manufacturer will stop its production, how do you know when the rubber will be out of the LARC?.AT THE MOMENT ,RIGHT NOW, HOW CAN YOU KNOW before buying that rubber that is out of stock everywhere except on that remote webiste but you managed to get the last sheet ?

This information is very important to avoid disappointment .If you know after 1 year or two that your beloved rubber will be out of the LArc forever,I don't think you will invest money on that product .

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021, 20:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Once authorized, a rubber item will stay valid for 10 years. Rubbers that have nor been repayed for shall be removed from LARC authomatically, WITHOUT any notification.

Be happy.

JUST A HINT
Buy products from reliable suppliers and live secure life.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2021, 21:10 
Super User

Then,how to know when the latest renewal was by the manufacturer?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2021, 01:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
charmander defender wrote:
Then,how to know when the latest renewal was by the manufacturer?

Good question!

I think spinlord says their pips are on the list and will stay on the list. Not sure how they do that. I do not know of any others who offer such a promise.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2021, 19:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't think there is a way to know, but most of the bigger manufacturers would ensure that the rubbers that are discontinued remain on the LARC for at least a few years. TSP, for example, are discontinuing all their rubbers and re-releasing them under the Victas brand... they said the TSP rubbers will remain on the LARC for 5 years after they've stopped making them, which I think is a reasonable time for retailers to clear their stock, and players to use the rubbers that they've already bought.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2021, 21:21 
Super User

For example,Haifu Penguin will be illegal after 30th September 2021.If I knew this on Jan 19,I woud not have bought the rubber.Now you can see nothing on the expiry column,ok... but you don't know if the rubber you buy will have an expiry date in the next LARC.

This is a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2021, 03:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose this would mainly be of concern with smaller brands. In any case.. really, are rubbers so unique that this is REALLY an issue? Maybe for long pips and anti and such, I don't think it's that much of an issue when it comes to inverted sheets. The whole Rasant line just up and disappeared 2-3 years ago and not a peep from anyone. Probably because there are 2-3 dozen other rubbers that are so close to them that it wouldn't matter.

Iskandar