OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: pingpongonline
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2014, 20:37 
Super User

Gentlemen, I wanted to share with you an experience of one of the best days of my life. I had a 1400 appointment with Claude. He has a few things going on but sill took time to take care of me. First I wanted new rubbers for my four blades. I related how I take care of them (meticulous) how often I play (which is more like how little I play ... my job) and after looking at one of the 1st blades he made for me in 2008, left alone the 2 more I purchased in 2010 and one in 2013 and deemed them still in top condition. “That’s not what we do here, Ken, we don’t’ sell you things you don’t need.” But unfortunately, my table tennis equipment logic, follows my golf, guitar and photography logic…if can’t do it often or well make sure you have great equipment. After rattling off the blades I was considering purchasing. “I know you like your hinoki j pen but the xiom c pen is too thick for your fingers (ahem…I think any dwarf would be proud to have my stubs.) “I know you want the Yasaka Ma Lin but it plays close to the Wang Hao you already have.” “I know you want the Stiga intensity of Xu Xim but it plays like the Stiga NCT you already own.
In desperation to purchase something I asked what he was playing with. He was playing with an old version of the Stiga Clipper. I convinced him to sell me the newer version of that and something different than what I already owned which turned out to be an alternative wood xiom V1 quad with appropriate next gen rubbers for each.
Then, as they were being assembled by Alan, one of his assistants (who three days before echoed this thought about my lack of need for rubber on my other blades, also mentioned that I have too many blades already), Claude, my brother in law and I started to converse table tennis. Wang Hao corkscrew over the table backhand (impossible for mere mortals); the new ball (seems like a money making and antichinese move to help blocking European players but may bring more viewership to the sport); how to hit a right to left serve (Xu Xim loses his deception); table tennis rubber research (stopped by Butterfly and Stiga has a new one depending on the new ball. Xiom present rubbers should be okay); the correct way to pronounce xiom; fate of c pen players; retirement of ma lin and wang liqin (you're old at 30 in china); charity work he has been doing in his province to promote the sport to children there (one of the kids made it to the junior nationals is the Philippines and how he provides equipment to local coaches for up and coming kids); and a myriad of other topics. Claude also made some calls to smooth over getting me into the local clubs to play while I was there. (Not able to play because everything was closed for Holy Week).
I was there for over 2 hours all told spent less that 20k peso which I thought was a steal. After blades, rubber, cases cleaners protective sheets, sponges, and of course the conversation.
While there, one of the workers was wrapping a Stiga blade going to Sweden. I thought that this was strange and it was explained that some equipment they have in Asia isn’t available there.
The problem at times may be is shipping out of the Philippines. regular shipping can be up to 3 weeks. The next best is about 15 dollars us and would be about 10 days. The best shipping is more expensive but should get is there in less than a week.
Like I said a great day, and a great place.
Btw…my day started at 0800 with my brother in law and I shooting low 90’s in golf. Which also helped to make my day.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2017, 04:39 

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Grass Dtechs
I made a purchase at that pingpongonline store, but they gave me a tracking number that does not work and I can not get a response from them.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2017, 13:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I have to switch to Arial font. The original Verdana font as used on OOAK pages looks quiet unreadable via Google Chrome browser. :headbang:

This is how I see the page now with Arial font set. The text does not tire my eyes any more. Happy reader.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 07:58 

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Grass Dtechs
Does anyone have the store owner's contact?

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 22:07 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

I have ever had a problem over the years.