OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 21 Nov 2018, 02:23 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ppscientific wrote:
Dear Friends,

Thanks for the post. We got a bit busy during the past year on our "daily job" and did not spend enough time on this project.
However, we always serve our Amazon customer with enthusiasm and care. The same adhesive packaged in a tube is available on Amazon.

Table tennis is our passion, and that should take priority over our "real job". Right ? Of course !! We table tennis players all know that. :up:

We will update and take good care of our website and Amazon listing by the end of the year. Before that please consider a very similar glue in a tube on Amazon. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/iNNOGLUE-Spread- ... or+rubbers

There's something wrong. I go to the link above, and there's no way to progress with an order. I USUALLY get a "Add to Cart" button but here I only get a button that says "See all buying options". Click on this and a page opens up saying "There are currently no listings for this search".

I apparently can order over the Innoglue web site (or at least the ordering part of the website still seems to work):

http://innoglue.com/shop-innoglue/

but I have not tried going all the way through the checkout process.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 19:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

IS IT IMPAIRED IN COLD CONDITIONS ?

Dear iNNOGLUE STAFF,

I'm still concerned somewhat.
Is it safe to transport this product to North Europe in winter season? We usually have a cold outdoor temperature below 0* Celsius for a long winter period from November to April throughout.
Is the InnoGlue getting decomposed in cold environment, like any other water glues? Here in North Europe table tennis store would give me a warning something like
-- Beware of cold weather. We'll ship out this glue product at your own risk

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2018, 19:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose you could always buy it in summer. One wonders what that latex body paint does when it freezes... :lol: I suppose one really does NOT want to go out of the house with only latex body paint when it's freezing outside anyway...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28012&p=296941&hilit=latex+body+paint#p296914

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2018, 05:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

01-12-2018 21:35:50

IS "INNOGLUE" A COLD SENSITIVE PRODUCT ???

Most of Latex based adhesive products are cold-sensitive, you know. We have now frosty weather --10 Celsius degree below zero-point through a day. It is a severe frost outdoor. I do not want to get some Ice Cream instead of Bond Staff. I dont want to get some non-tacky eatable product in the bottle.

So again, I put down my query in most plain words and I expect an answer explicit.

-- IS INNOGLUE A COLD SENSITIVE PRODUCT ???

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2018, 14:53 

Hi, I am an emulsion chemist. When the glue was developed. It went through the freeze-thaw cycles three times and pasted. However, all emulsions are sensitive to freezing conditions and all are eventually unstable. We are currently trying to improve the glue, to make it friendlier to more types of rubbers and some unsealed blades, and to have more stable peeling force long term. However, freeze-thaw performance has not been included in this pending upgrade of adhesive. I am sorry that I am not able to guarantee the freeze-thaw stability of the glue...but this is not so bad, right ? :)

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 05:01 

Hi All,
I am new here, found this old and interesting thread while looking for EJ glue recommendations ;-)
Let me see if I got this right.
I have a bunch of different rubbers that I would like to use in combinations with a couple of blades. All the rubbers are inverted, European or Japanese, all the blades are sealed. If it works as described, Innoglue may be a good way to go about it. I can pre-paste all the rubber sheets at home, cover them with some baking paper and then use them in the playing session (just remove a sheet and roll on the next one). Am I missing something? Has anybody tried it for this purpose?
Do repeated removals/applications decrease the stickiness so eventually I'll need to add more glue?
If I have a sheet with layer(s) of old WBG on it, do I need to remove the old glue first?
Another question is for the long term application: is Innoglue good for "glue it on and forget" approach for the lifetime of the sheet? In my case it varies from 6 to 9 months (about 6hr a week) Do the glue elasticity and the racket feel change as the glue ages?
And finally, how easy is it to remove the Innoglue from the rubber?

Thanks for the common wisdom!

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 05:53 

Dear Friends,

We have recently revised the Innoglue formula to make it easier to remove.
The revised formula has excellent chemical stability. It does not change on aging.
It is less likely to tear the sponge when removing from blade.
In fact it is safe to use with most rubbers.
The glue itself is also easier to remove if you want to rub it off.

Note: For sheets that are made flat from factory, this revised formula provides good adhesion and easy removal. It works very well. For rubber sheets that curl like a tube originally, this glue may or may not be able to overcome the curling tendency of the rubber.

The quality and stability of glue is vastly improved.

Best Regards,
PP Scientific

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 07:34 

@ppscientific
It's great to hear that you keep developing the formula! With the improved removability of the glue, does the blade still maintain stickiness for multiple applications without need for additional layers?
Also in your comment about curled rubbers, do you mean to say that the glue will not hold those rubbers glued to the blade and the curl will cause them to come off? If so, do you offer now two formulas (the strong one and the removable one)?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 08:34 

Dear Blin and freinds,

You could apply the glue to rubber, cover it with a release liner and take the coated rubbers with you, and use them anywhere and anytime you like. It works well that way.

If there is no contamination, this rubber with glue can be used many times without having to reapply the glue. However, in real world, contamination happens and you may need to apply another layer of glue on top of the existing glue at a certain time.

If there is no contamination, the revised formula stays tacky for years. It dries clear and aging not change the properties of the glue.

This glue is good for rubber for both rubber with sponge and long pip OX rubbers.

If you would like to clean the glue from sealed wood or sponge, it is easy to rub off.

If the rubber rubber with sponge is made curling like a tube from the factory, this glue may not have enough strength to hold the rubber down. The rubber tends to curl up on the edge.

The good thing is that this glue does not tear most weak sponges when removing rubber from blade.

PP Scientific

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 09:32 

You could apply the glue to the rubber side only, and not the wood side, wait for it to dry and then apply it to wood. This will ensure removability of rubber from wood when you want to. This method may not be able to hold down the curled rubber to wood.

If you have these curled rubber, you could apply the glue to both the rubber side and the wood side, laminate the rubber to wood while the glue is still wet and apply pressure for an hour of two, until it is completely dried. This way there is a good chance the the curled rubber will not lift.

We do not offer two formula, but by using two different application methods, you could make it very removable or make adhesion relatively strongly.

PP scientific

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 11:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It's unusual to find badly curled rubber. If there's a "dish" it's usually quite slight. Badly curled sheets are badly manufactured, or very old. So I don't think it's that much of a problem unless you really like CJ8000 or Yasaka ZAP.

Last I tried to buy some Innoglue I went to Amazon, but I tried clicking on the "Buy" button I wasn't able to complete the transaction. Maybe I can try buying direct? It probably won't make sense to just buy one jar..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 12:10 

Iskandar,

At this time we only ship to locations within USA. International freight is so high that we assumed no one would be interested in paying for it. If you are located within USA and could not buy it, then I think there is something wrong with the function of Amazon. We should fix that.

PP Scientific

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 15:15 

Well, it sounds interesting enough to try.
Just placed an order on the web site for the glue/cleaner set. Free shipping too ;-)

Cheers!

PostPosted: 16 May 2019, 18:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, that is a major problem with buying stuff from the US. Maybe we can think of another way to do it.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 17 May 2019, 00:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

BIG BROTHER would be most WELCOME.

Dear Mr. PPscientific
You should closely consider some cooperation with a "major" TT Manufacturer, or some reputed internationa dealer as Padle Palace, or suchlike. You certainly need a big brother able to promote your innovative adhesive products on market worldwide.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next