OOAK Table Tennis Forum
https://ooakforum.com/

Aggressive Reverse Penhold backhand
https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31613
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Aurelian [ 04 Jun 2020, 17:05 ]
Post subject:  Re: Aggressive Reverse Penhold backhand

iskandar taib wrote:
So you managed to get info from somewhere? :lol:

Iskandar
He was using Tibhar MXP, but in his latest videos I sau the butterfly logo on his black rubber and even his t-shirt is now with the butterfly logo.

But you can see that's he's using a Tensor/ESN rubber by watching his forehand loops with the european shitty technique, his arm is curved will chinese players use their whole arm with those hard sponges and tacky rubbers.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Author:  iskandar taib [ 04 Jun 2020, 18:40 ]
Post subject:  Re: Aggressive Reverse Penhold backhand

How do you know he was using MX-P in the past (inside knowledge perhaps?), and how do you know he's not using Dignics 09 now? :lol:

I just love this method of reasoning.. all European players use "shitty" rubber and have "shitty" technique, therefore he must, too, and you can tell by his strokes. I suppose it's a generalization, but I'll bet a lot of European players do use Hurricane (you can't be the only one :lol: ) - after all, it's relatively inexpensive and it's very available from any European retailer, and many of them are as EJ as anyone here is and will try anything... Doesn't mean they don't have "shitty" technique, though.. :lol:

Iskandar

Author:  Aurelian [ 05 Jun 2020, 19:26 ]
Post subject:  Re: Aggressive Reverse Penhold backhand

iskandar taib wrote:
How do you know he was using MX-P in the past (inside knowledge perhaps?), and how do you know he's not using Dignics 09 now? :lol:

I just love this method of reasoning.. all European players use "shitty" rubber and have "shitty" technique, therefore he must, too, and you can tell by his strokes. I suppose it's a generalization, but I'll bet a lot of European players do use Hurricane (you can't be the only one :lol: ) - after all, it's relatively inexpensive and it's very available from any European retailer, and many of them are as EJ as anyone here is and will try anything... Doesn't mean they don't have "shitty" technique, though.. :lol:

Iskandar


No official information, let's ask Emrattich :)

But you can see the logo of butterfly on his forehand rubber in some videos and he's a butterfly sponsored player.

Dignics 09C,maybe, but in the past videos there was not Dignics 09C since it's been released for a couple of months, maybe Spin Art, but the way the ball comes out from his forehand seems more Timo Boll style than Ma Lin or Ma Long style.

Yes, indeed, there are a lot of amateur players in Europe using chinese tacky rubbers, but many of them are trying to get rid of the tackyness :)))

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Author:  iskandar taib [ 07 Jun 2020, 16:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: Aggressive Reverse Penhold backhand

Aurelian wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
How do you know he was using MX-P in the past (inside knowledge perhaps?), and how do you know he's not using Dignics 09 now? :lol:

I just love this method of reasoning.. all European players use "shitty" rubber and have "shitty" technique, therefore he must, too, and you can tell by his strokes. I suppose it's a generalization, but I'll bet a lot of European players do use Hurricane (you can't be the only one :lol: ) - after all, it's relatively inexpensive and it's very available from any European retailer, and many of them are as EJ as anyone here is and will try anything... Doesn't mean they don't have "shitty" technique, though.. :lol:



No official information, let's ask Emrattich :)


Anything unofficial maybe? :lol: Or else I guess we can safely say this is an assumption. Or an educated guess.

Aurelian wrote:
But you can see the logo of butterfly on his forehand rubber in some videos and he's a butterfly sponsored player.

Dignics 09C,maybe, but in the past videos there was not Dignics 09C since it's been released for a couple of months, maybe Spin Art, but the way the ball comes out from his forehand seems more Timo Boll style than Ma Lin or Ma Long style.


Dignics 09C has been out for a lot longer than you think, I think.. the first post about it was at the end of January:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=36620

Ironically, both Boll and Ovtcharov have switched to Dignics 09C. Do they immediately start using Ma Long strokes? :lol:

Aurelian wrote:
Yes, indeed, there are a lot of amateur players in Europe using chinese tacky rubbers, but many of them are trying to get rid of the tackyness :)))



Not that tackiness lasts all that long anyway.. :lol: Probably too tacky right out of the packet.

Iskandar

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/