OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2020, 07:01 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Still having that Inner Knee injury on the left leg that I use to Pivot. I tried resting , stretching, icing, heatpacks, massaging for 2 weeks and still no improvement . :(

Recently played a tournament despite injury, after recovering from a viral fever :-P, low energy levels and knee pain ended my return after the first round surprise upset defeat of a higher level player. 2nd round I wasn't able to play due to excessive tiredness. The venue didn't help with zero ventilation and no air-conditioning. Metal roof and sides, mid-day matches on bright sunny day, not enough water + no glucose / electrolyte drinks, poor performance due to fatigue. All I can say is I am now losing points 10-6 game/match points. Definitely the spot nervousness and lack of consistent focus on my game is a BIG problem now.

FH loops are very easily smashable by my higher level opponents, the only advantage is my C-pen returns can be little tricky and deceptive if you are not expecting it. My RPB is the Strength and Pillar of my game. Few players seem to realise that I am not weak on my BH side :lol: until it is too late and they have lost the match :lol: :lol: :lol:

Need to figure out how to fix the knee ( I think it is the tendon that connects the Sartoris muscle from the hip to the lower knee ) and how to God-loop so no one can easily return my FH loops.

Sad to see Xu Xin lost to Liam Pitchford who played his heart out. Given the smallest margins and differences among the World Top 20 players, it is astounding how the Chinese consistently have won for a long long time.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2020, 19:53 

man_iii wrote:
I notice that a LOT of C-pen players drop their shoulders vertically and keep FH bat near to their thighs and play an almost straight upward FH stroke.

How in HEAVEN does the ball fly horizontally with the low yet extremely spinny return ?? If I tried that I would end up with "Chicken"-wing syndrome.

Also I notice how Ma Lin and Xu Fei play their FH returns. It is extremely explosive. My returns are nowhere even close to their movement.

I tend to play close- and mid- table distances. I use mostly my forearm. For heavy under-spin I will crouch and use leg+hip+shoulder to brush.

Problem is that I have no formal coaching or access to a good C-pen coach. So I have a LOT of flaws.

What is the natural or "instinctive" way to develop the C-pen FH loop + loop-drive. Where do I find the extreme spinny loop and extreme explosive power ?

I have tried to watch and learn from XX but there is no way I will be able to mimic his body mechanics or grip. Ma Lin / Xu Fei / Wang Hao style play is my only option.

Lets not worry too much about how much I can move or position myself for now :lol: I know I am deadweight and too slow :-D

Assuming I am in position to meet the ball to play a FH loop, I will be playing cross-table, ball has moderate incoming topspin,

What are the requirements and techniques to play to get the heaviest spin loop near- , mid- and far- table locations ? What are the exercises and drills I should use to maximize my ability to play the heavy spin FH loop ?

i believe that you're in a lvl much higher than mine but i've seen this video by kim taek soo about grip strength that helped me get a much stronger forehand stoke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyCcKk_RWfc