OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Sep 2021, 15:38


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2016, 01:22 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2017, 00:31
Posts: 432
Location: Maryland, USA
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 77 times
Blade: VKMO
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Red Max
BH: TSP SSPC2 Black 1.9mm
I found a doubles match where samsonov and matsushita team up in a doubles match!!
http://www.kupoos.com/video/zAjy40h369U ... nxin-1999/
Cool, huh?

_________________
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita Offensive FL
FH: Yasaka Mark V GPS Max
BH: TSP SuperSpinPips Chop 2 1.9

Rating: Recreational Player


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 03 Oct 2016, 04:14 
Offline
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 23:22
Posts: 1456
Location: Brasil
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 342 times
Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Danthespearton wrote:
I found a doubles match where samsonov and matsushita team up in a doubles match!!
http://www.kupoos.com/video/zAjy40h369U ... nxin-1999/
Cool, huh?


Vladi is a very good partner for a chopper, he is very good at atletics , block and counter attacks...

_________________
Victas Koji Matsushita
Thibar Hybrid k1 euro max
TSP Curl p1-r 1.0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2016, 23:20 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 416
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 129 times
Finally someone uploaded this historic full match VS Korbel










Another one from super circuit







The final of Japan championship 2002




And a little collection fron the matches in Europe...

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Butterfly Defence III ST
FH: Baracuda 2.0 (red)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.5 (black)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Dec 2016, 04:37 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 4049
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 1162 times
Been thanked: 575 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
The user account is terminated: maybe because of the published videos... Copyright s**t?!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 25 Dec 2016, 00:54 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 20:39
Posts: 416
Location: Milan (italy)
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 129 times
Argh... i knew this could happen and i promised myself to download the videos asap... but theese days there are a bit of things to do so i didn't do that :( at least i saw the match once...

_________________
My Paddle
Blade: Butterfly Defence III ST
FH: Baracuda 2.0 (red)
BH: Curl p1-r 1.5 (black)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 06:41 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 10 Oct 2016, 02:54
Posts: 107
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 65 times
Blade: VKMD
FH: Hurricane 3
BH: SSPC 2, 1.5
I don't think I have seen this match here before.


_________________
"It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done" - Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 11:02 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 16 Nov 2016, 04:12
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 31 times
Rawr wrote:
I don't think I have seen this match here before.



Search "'97 Gilbert Cup Program" on youtube. You will find a lot of great matches and fun to watch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2021, 09:35 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 20 Feb 2020, 12:11
Posts: 96
Location: Florida, USA
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Gambler Nine UT 1.7mm
BH: Gambler GXL 0.6mm (white)
Matsushita has a youtube channel! I wish I understood japanese...

Title of this particular video translates as "[Technical Video Vol.2] How to choose a cutman racket and rubber taught by Koji Matsushita! Thorough explanation for each play style using Koji Matsushita model!" when shoveled into google translate



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2021, 17:14 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 10 Oct 2020, 10:47
Posts: 64
Location: CA, USA
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Blade: VKM
FH: H3 Neo 39deg
BH: Super DO Knuckle 1.5
Basically when talking about blades, he talks about recommended blades to the ratio of chop:attack in your playstyle.
For example,
VKM for when you play a ratio of 80% chopping and 20% attack.
He doesn't specifically talk about the other ratios, but for VKMO, he talked about if you play similarly to Yuto Muramatsu then it is recommended.
He says that VKMS bounces less than the other blades and has a bigger sweet spot than the allwood blades.

Regarding rubber, he talks a little bit about tension and tacky rubber being utilized by choppers. He talks about using a rubber that you feel stable with when creating spin.
Tension rubber is has reduced control. Matsushita personally recommends using tacky rubber on the forehand.
If you use forehand drive a lot, then use tension. If you chop a lot, the tackiness helps.
A lot of female choppers often use tacky rubber on the forehand and play for pick hits.

He didn't cover LP/SP for backhand rubbers in the video.

_________________
Equipment:
Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ST; FH: DHS H3 Neo 39 degrees Max BH: Nittaku Super Do Knuckle 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2021, 22:39 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 20 Feb 2020, 12:11
Posts: 96
Location: Florida, USA
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Gambler Nine UT 1.7mm
BH: Gambler GXL 0.6mm (white)
Moonstar wrote:
Basically when talking about blades, he talks about recommended blades to the ratio of chop:attack in your playstyle.
For example,
VKM for when you play a ratio of 80% chopping and 20% attack.
He doesn't specifically talk about the other ratios, but for VKMO, he talked about if you play similarly to Yuto Muramatsu then it is recommended.
He says that VKMS bounces less than the other blades and has a bigger sweet spot than the allwood blades.

Regarding rubber, he talks a little bit about tension and tacky rubber being utilized by choppers. He talks about using a rubber that you feel stable with when creating spin.
Tension rubber is has reduced control. Matsushita personally recommends using tacky rubber on the forehand.
If you use forehand drive a lot, then use tension. If you chop a lot, the tackiness helps.
A lot of female choppers often use tacky rubber on the forehand and play for pick hits.

He didn't cover LP/SP for backhand rubbers in the video.


Thank you! I've always wondered when it's recommended to go for tacky versus tensioned rubbers on the forehand, as it seems choppers use both. Worrying about stuff like this is above my level, but its nice to know what's what


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2021, 23:09 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 20 Feb 2020, 12:11
Posts: 96
Location: Florida, USA
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Gambler Nine UT 1.7mm
BH: Gambler GXL 0.6mm (white)
Everyone knows of Schlager vs Joo in 2003, but I didn't know that Schlager ALSO played against Matsushita earlier in that same tournament!



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2021, 15:42 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 25 May 2012, 08:14
Posts: 41
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Blade: Stiga Defensive Classic
FH: Victas V>15 Extra 2.0
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5
[quote="Hopsquatch"]Everyone knows of Schlager vs Joo in 2003, but I didn't know that Schlager ALSO played against Matsushita earlier in that same tournament!

Wow, you just blew my mind, I had no idea! I'm conflicted. I mean I love Schlager, but damn he took out the 2 best defenders in one tournament?! Kudos to him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2021, 05:43 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 20 Feb 2020, 12:11
Posts: 96
Location: Florida, USA
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 33 times
Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Gambler Nine UT 1.7mm
BH: Gambler GXL 0.6mm (white)
JuicyHook wrote:
Hopsquatch wrote:
Everyone knows of Schlager vs Joo in 2003, but I didn't know that Schlager ALSO played against Matsushita earlier in that same tournament!

Wow, you just blew my mind, I had no idea! I'm conflicted. I mean I love Schlager, but damn he took out the 2 best defenders in one tournament?! Kudos to him


All that practice against Weixing prepared him for that moment!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5




All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group