OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2021, 01:04 

Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5mm
Versus Hou Yingchao. REALLY interesting to see a high level chopper matchup!

Also, versus Liang Jingkun

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2021, 03:23 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Whoa! What a match

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2021, 21:53 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
That was such a good game. I feel like Ma Te's strategy in that last end was really poor though. He was impatient, and he tried way too often to force the point by attacking. In only 2 points did he actually attack successfully, the rest of his points were won through his defensive play - so why throw away so many points early on? If he'd taken an early lead with some quality defensive play, it would've also broken his opponent's spirit...

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 19:25 

Blade: DHS 08x
FH: Haitian Otarriinae
BH: Palio CK531A

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2021, 22:20 
Super User

dunc wrote:
That was such a good game. I feel like Ma Te's strategy in that last end was really poor though. He was impatient, and he tried way too often to force the point by attacking. In only 2 points did he actually attack successfully, the rest of his points were won through his defensive play - so why throw away so many points early on? If he'd taken an early lead with some quality defensive play, it would've also broken his opponent's spirit...

My same thoughts... Liang is so uncomfortable against defence. He's powerful, but he can't read spin properly (for his level) and he's inconsistent.
End of 1st set was a real turning point, when Ma was leading well but he made 2 push mistakes and then tried to attack.
Winning 1st set with almost only defensive play would have brought real pressure on Liang.
It's ironic: you usually mix in attacks to make your opponent uncomfortable, but, with Liang, playing against some offense actually gave him confidence :lol:

BH: Grass D.Tecs 1.5 (black)

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2021, 22:56 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
RevanII wrote:
It's ironic: you usually mix in attacks to make your opponent uncomfortable, but, with Liang, playing against some offense actually gave him confidence :lol:

At my level, it's way more common for players to be better against attack than defence. 99% of players I play against are good blockers. At the level of players like Ma Te though, I agree, this shouldn't be the case!

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2021, 04:21 
Super User

Something interesting today from China :)
I think it is one of those matches in which they take a male national player and make him play like a clone of some female foreign opponent.
I might be wrong, but i think Ma here is playing with MP or even SP, possibly emulating the japanese defenders, or maybe Han Ying (?)
My deduction comes from Ma never swiping/pushing with BH like he usually does, ad he even lobs with the red one... moreover, i see a lot of spin variation when he pushes/chops, and the trajectory is really unusual...
I would have preferred a real match, but it was fun nonetheless

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2021, 07:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I noticed the same thing about his BH. Cool!

Here is another, young SP defender against Sun
https://youtu.be/msXi7MOcNfo

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2021, 11:12 
Super User

According to the 247tabletennis' instagram post:

"Ma Te has changed his whole set of equipment! For blade, he is not using DHS custom blade. He is now using Yasaka Atletico Balance, which is an inner carbon blade with Hinoki as the top ply.

For forehand rubber, he is using the blue sponge version of Hurricane 3 instead of the orange sponge. For backhand, he is using a Victas long pip, which previously is known as the TSP curl long pip series."

I can't quite figure out which pips he's using. The bounce and sound seems quite fast, so likely P1V.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2021, 11:48 

Blade: DHS 08x FL
FH: H3 Neo
BH: P3aV 1.5
In the 247tabletennis instagram post, from what I can tell, the sponge is orange and the pips are vertically arranged. I really don't think it is Curl P-2, but I think it is Spectol S2 because of the sponge color.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2022, 22:50 

notfound123 wrote:
According to the 247tabletennis' instagram post:

"Ma Te has changed his whole set of equipment! For blade, he is not using DHS custom blade. He is now using Yasaka Atletico Balance, which is an inner carbon blade with Hinoki as the top ply.

For forehand rubber, he is using the blue sponge version of Hurricane 3 instead of the orange sponge. For backhand, he is using a Victas long pip, which previously is known as the TSP curl long pip series."

I can't quite figure out which pips he's using. The bounce and sound seems quite fast, so likely P1V.

Dhs blade use 100%

Attachments:
JnzD8SF82fY.jpg
JnzD8SF82fY.jpg [ 555.86 KiB | Viewed 9204 times ]
BBXT9idO0xA.jpg
BBXT9idO0xA.jpg [ 676.42 KiB | Viewed 9204 times ]

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2022, 03:25 
Super User

Moonstar wrote:
In the 247tabletennis instagram post, from what I can tell, the sponge is orange and the pips are vertically arranged. I really don't think it is Curl P-2, but I think it is Spectol S2 because of the sponge color.

It is Victas Curl P1V long pimpled rubber; not Curl P-2 or short pimple.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2022, 11:39 
Super User

According to the most recent photos/matches Ma Te switched to the Curl P4V max.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20220222-185524.png
Screenshot_20220222-185524.png [ 768.24 KiB | Viewed 8562 times ]

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2022, 06:44 

Blade: DHS 08x FL
FH: H3 Neo
BH: P3aV 1.5
Apparently, as of January 6, 2022, Ma Te has left the Chinese National Team, but hasn't retired from table tennis yet. He cited the reasons that he left: a decline in competitiveness, injuries, and feelings that he couldn't improve himself further. However, he still is willing to be a practice partner if the national team needs him.

Source: https://www.sohu.com/a/514734159_500346#:~:text=%E5%8C%97%E4%BA%AC%E6%97%B6%E9%97%B41%E6%9C%886,%E8%BF%9B%E5%85%A5%E5%9B%BD%E4%B9%92%E4%BA%8C%E9%98%9F%E3%80%82

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2022, 20:57 
Super User

That is really sad news... but, to be honest, not completely unpredictable.
Watching his matches during last year i think you can clearly see he didn't have same motivation as before, and i remember 1-2 in which he clearly gives up at some point (even if the score is close).
The last signal was this strong change of BH rubber. p4 is really different from his previous chinese rubber, almost short pips like, and that requires a big game plan change... it sadly reminded me the bad habit of so many players, who try to overcome hardships with equipment

He's 28, at his physical peak (but i don't know the entity of the injuries), and clearly the strongest defender in China... so one would think there's still a lot of potential in him.
This makes you wonder about the actual state of defence in TT... this guy reached good results in world tour (but not even a good ranking, since he never played a lot), and good score in CSL, with an incredible physical form, training with the best, and using literally every tecnique in the game (classic defence + pips tricks + forehand and backhand attacks)
Joo Saehyuk was top 10 in the world for more than a decade... with much less IMHO

I hope he keeps playing in CSL and we can watch him playing for many more years.
Or, even better, finds his way out of china, like Chen did. Aside from Japan and Korea, and maybe Germany, he would be top 3 in every nation and this could even benefit his game, because he would have the chance to play a lot more abroad, instead of being confined in China so much.
Of course, even more child's hope would be seeing him coming back in 6/12 months, chopping to death poor attackers with renewed style and motivation :rock:

I really wish him the best

P.S: it would be nice to have his entire post translated, if someone could do it...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next