OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 14:32 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
This match is an exhibition of push block issue with opponents using tacky chinese rubbers,if the block is deep or short close to net very effective but if in middle then opponent if good looper ur in trouble.Issue with push block technique is u keep guessing the amount of spin and speed and attempting to block not very consistent results.But if u chop like koreans from faraway from table very good result and consistency in landing the balls in opponents courts u dont have to guess the speed and spin as u r chopping the ball late in downward trend.But still it was an admirable effort by her.

I play regularly with a 2200 long pips on bh and he twiddles he uses 3 shorts with long pips 755 lp. one short chop long chop and topspin close to net ball.he never chops to my fh all the time to my bh as my fh is too good.

The other two i play are ranked around 1500 with LP on bh and they twiddle too one of them chop blocks and other twiddles and tries to punch i defeat them easily as i play to sides of table and keep them moving and make my life easy.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 15:27 
Super User

Thanks Anand but Manika with her two recent gold meals at the Commonwealth games still remains a great influence to very many on OOAK and may be other forums too ;)

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 22:20 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max

Manika shows up in the second part of this educational video :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 23:40 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Double post.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

Last edited by Lorre on 02 May 2018, 01:55, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2018, 23:41 
Joo Too
Joo Too

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 01 May 2018, 11:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LAME DUCK.

Lorre wrote:

Some "massacre of innocents".
Manika Batra, poor Indian athlete, she looks like a lame duck, indeed. Sorry for her.

At my early days, my coach would advice me repeatedly ,
    -- Lad, do not use anti, do not us long grass pips either. It is the worst choice ever, it will always pose you handicapped, as they can't produce control, nor spin, nor speed.

PostPosted: 01 May 2018, 12:45 

Full match

BATRA Manika - BERGSTROM Linda

BATRA Manika - EKHOLM Matilda

I believe Linda really "broke" her confidence. She was really uncomfortable in that match.

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 01:56 
Joo Too
Joo Too

igorponger wrote:
LAME DUCK.

Lorre wrote:

Some "massacre of innocents".
Manika Batra, poor Indian athlete, she looks like a lame duck, indeed. Sorry for her.

At my early days, my coach would advice me repeatedly ,
    -- Lad, do not use anti, do not us long grass pips either. It is the worst choice ever, it will always pose you handicapped, as they can't produce control, nor spin, nor speed.

But Filus is a sturdy boy who keeps up the flag of the allround play with grass long pips? :lol:

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 03:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The first match was a lot closer than the second one. Bhatra was a lot taller than her opponent in the first match, too... you could see how tall she was at the table. A lot of pushing since both players used long pips (though quite differently). Second match is something I haven't seen much of - long pips chop blocker vs. looper. The chop blocker is OK until the looper opens up, and then the blocking doesn't seem to work very well. When the looper opens up it seems the blocker must either try to take it on the forehand with a loop or a block, or twiddle and loop or block with the inverted on the backhand. Trying to block a loop with the spongeless pips usually results in a long ball. I've seen Ekholm play a lot, on H2, but she didn't seem very remarkable there (just a looper among others), here she played pretty smart.

The Indian coach did what a lot of Indian men do.. shake his head when talking.. :lol: In India shaking your head actually means "yes" rather than "no" (watch Slumdog Millionaire if you haven't already - "Do you know the answer??" "Yes!" (while shaking his head from side to side..)..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 03:43 

Could it be that the ball is the problem in Manika‘s game?
They are using Butterfly 3-Star A40+ ball in this tournament. This is a new ABS ball.
I don‘t know which ball they were using in the commonwealth games. But there she seemed to have a lot more control in her blocking game...

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 03:54 
Super User

and the 2nd video is one of the main reasons i switched to fanti from ox lp...

when you come across a good looper ox lp is not a solution for blocking on the table...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 08:01 

Vetje wrote:
Could it be that the ball is the problem in Manika‘s game?
They are using Butterfly 3-Star A40+ ball in this tournament. This is a new ABS ball.
I don‘t know which ball they were using in the commonwealth games. But there she seemed to have a lot more control in her blocking game...

May be it is the ball. Players easily looped Manika's returns long in the CWG but not in the WTTC.

YU MENGYU vs BATRA MANIKA WTTC 2018

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 08:37 
Super User

i think she should play with sp on fh...it would suit her play better...

she doesnt have a strong topspin and like to flat hit a ball with fh, or with bh when twiddling...

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 09:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Of course it was the ball... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyhow.. what ball WERE they using at the Commonwealth Games?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 May 2018, 14:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

111Iceman111 wrote:
i think she should play with sp on fh...it would suit her play better...

she doesnt have a strong topspin and like to flat hit a ball with fh, or with bh when twiddling...

Naah. She'd lose the spin she can get from serves, plus she'll lose the contrast between the pips and inverted, especially while serving.

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next