OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 03:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Do you agree ? it seems to have some logic ,.... why then she changes the stomping? :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja0dPO2DC3c

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 03:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Chinese one by the name of Sung Yingsha has utterly destroyed Mima Ito by using the speed-up serve to the table's end line like this one.
SYS is far superior to Ito in terms of stability. Some iron guts, indeed.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2019, 03:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

.....mmmmmm....... don't think you see my point here,.... I am talking about how the stomping changes with different serves but with the same movement of the arm to confuse the opponent,....

:rock:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 03:27 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

charmander defender wrote:
Do you agree ? it seems to have some logic ,.... why then she changes the stomping? :^)

Make sure to turn the subtitles on, otherwise you won't figure out what's going on. In the beginning he points out that Ito-san's serve (shown here against Zhu Yuling) involves a non-vertical ball throw into the body (which he points out isn't restricted to her alone, and I'd argue is actually pretty common among world-class players) and she was (rightly) called for this in the match against Sun Yingsha in the German Open. (Despite the irrelevant stuff Igor posted) this was the reason why she lost that game - once faulted for the serve, it reduced her confidence and the power of subsequent serves. She has since improved her serve, the throw is now vertical and she's regained the power.

The rest of the video points out that the secret to the serve is the transfer in weight between her feet, which stores energy during the backswing for sudden release at the contact. Why stamp her left foot? I think it's because you can't transfer weight effectively unless the left foot is raised above the floor during the backswing. The stamp occurs at the point of impact, more or less, when she is using her body to generate racket speed. I can't say I disagree.. it makes sense, and it's something to try myself. Why does she do this to varying degrees in different serves? Because she's got more than one serve. She can vary the spin, speed and placement. Different serves will require different amounts of energy.

If you watch closely you'll see the "wrist whip" Brett's talked about in his videos.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 08:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Yes, you are right !! the "wrist whip" is also very important .There seems to be a combination of the transfer in weight between her feet plus that wrist whip plus the speed of her movements .

She is very fast in her movements . :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2019, 10:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Actually, come to think of it.. it's not how hard she stamps. It's how hard she pushes off with her right foot. The harder she pushes, the higher she lifts her left foot, and therefore the harder the resulting stamp.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 01:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

And looking at it some more. The long backswing's just for show. She brings the racket in close to her body (just like Brett says to do) before actually beginning the stroke, in mid-stride before the stamp. The racket comes to a stop at this point, before it starts up again just as she pushes off with the left foot. Is there a reason for the long backswing? I can think of several possibilities. 1) (Bad?) Habit. 3) Misdirection - it makes all serves "look the same". 2) Balance - note she shifts her weight from the right foot to the left as she brings the arm back, perhaps the long backswing is part of "storing energy".

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 04:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
And looking at it some more. The long backswing's just for show. She brings the racket in close to her body (just like Brett says to do) before actually beginning the stroke, in mid-stride before the stamp. The racket comes to a stop at this point, before it starts up again just as she pushes off with the left foot. Is there a reason for the long backswing? I can think of several possibilities. 1) (Bad?) Habit. 3) Misdirection - it makes all serves "look the same". 2) Balance - note she shifts her weight from the right foot to the left as she brings the arm back, perhaps the long backswing is part of "storing energy".

Iskandar

I think the long back swing helps to make the serves look the same . Then, there comes the contact point with the racket, the movement of the wrist ,...., At all levels making serves look the same is paramount, let alone at pro levels ,.... Maybe I will copy some of her leg / wrist movements,.... to add to my repertoire,.... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2019, 06:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I would have to copy her practice habits before I could start copying her serve motions.

Yoko Ono