OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 09:49 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
ATTACK TSP CURL P1 R WITH VICTAS P3AV

First training with : Lion Defense , Victas P3aV and Tibhar SD 1.3

Not easy to attack, awkward style , many mistakes but on the road to an aggressive LP game .

Yes ,I am laughable in my movements ....who cares? we are amateurs !!!

https://youtu.be/B98Gr6jkEDQ

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 13:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Nice, thanks for posting! :rock: :rock: :rock:

I think you're a bit hard on yourself, your footwork is not that bad at all, and you seem quite consistent, especially considering it's new equipment!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 16:40 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
That's a good idea for a training session though. I'll need to do that in future.

Are those your new pips? Seems to lift quite well, is there quite a bit of grip?

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 22:15 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:
That's a good idea for a training session though. I'll need to do that in future.

Are those your new pips? Seems to lift quite well, is there quite a bit of grip?

Yes, new pips to try to be more aggressive.Yes, the pips do have enough grip , great for pushing and blocking too . Even if the ball is pushed very low you can attack but you will need more wrist movement.

I do need to flex my legs though and rotate the hip so the technique gets better .However, for the first training session I am impressed by the pips.Any ball well over the net can be attacked and even at net level the attack is safe.P3aV is slow.Lion Defense is slow too,The effect on a stiffer ,faster blade should be more effective but I prefer control and consistency right now . :)

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 22:45 
Super User

Are they a bit like Piranja then? But designed for new balls :^) Or perhaps similar to Viper soft?

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 23:15 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:
Are they a bit like Piranja then? But designed for new balls :^) Or perhaps similar to Viper soft?

Yes, both Piranja and P3aV are soft,really soft.However,Piranja is very fast,similar to Dtchs or GD NT with a trampoline effect .I personally like Piranja much better for pushing rather than D.Techs.I only like D.Tchs for the fantastic braking effect on Powertopspins .

P3aV has somewhat shorter pips.Maybe this fact improves the attacking department.It is also good to chop the ball form mid distance with great control .Also, you can attack with P3aV on the FH when you twiddle and you are caught out with the pip on your fh.

P3aV is a great , versatile ,quality pip.They say it is the replacement of TSP Curl p3@R.
I have never tried Viper Soft so I cannot have any comments on it .

BTW I think you should stick to LP.It's great to try different pips , different blades etc but from what I have seen in your videos if you twiddle right and vary your game you will be able to get better results unless you want to become very aggressive with the SP and attack with a great FH . :)

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 23:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^are you using the curl in ox mate?.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 23:41 
Super User

charmander defender wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

Yes, both Piranja and P3aV are soft,really soft.However,Piranja is very fast,similar to Dtchs or GD NT with a trampoline effect .I personally like Piranja much better for pushing rather than D.Techs.I only like D.Tchs for the fantastic braking effect on Powertopspins .

P3aV has somewhat shorter pips.Maybe this fact improves the attacking department.It is also good to chop the ball form mid distance with great control .Also, you can attack with P3aV on the FH when you twiddle and you are caught out with the pip on your fh.

P3aV is a great , versatile ,quality pip.They say it is the replacement of TSP Curl p3@R.

BTW I think you should stick to LP.It's great to try different pips , different blades etc but from what I have seen in your videos if you twiddle right and vary your game you will be able to get better results unless you want to become very aggressive with the SP and attack with a great FH . :)

Oh interesting you found Piranja fast, did you try it on the same blades as the others. I tried a friend's Piranja on the same blade Nittaku Shake Defence and found it noticeably slower than Dtecs, very soft and quite nice for keeping a block vs topspin short. But of course trade off was reversal.

Yes I will be sticking with LPs now. I am still interested in the slower more controlled pips to try 1, something like Piranja, Troublemaker, Viper soft. I'll wait till they go on sale though haha

My Vlog / Blog

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 02:21 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
^are you using the curl in ox mate?.

Yes,mate in OX for two reasons.Firstly, I don't want to lose spin reversal and secondly,I don't like sponge under the pips. I did try sponge several times though .

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 03:47 
Super User

Ndragon wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
Ndragon wrote:

Oh interesting you found Piranja fast, did you try it on the same blades as the others. I tried a friend's Piranja on the same blade Nittaku Shake Defence and found it noticeably slower than Dtecs, very soft and quite nice for keeping a block vs topspin short. But of course trade off was reversal.

Yes I will be sticking with LPs now. I am still interested in the slower more controlled pips to try 1, something like Piranja, Troublemaker, Viper soft. I'll wait till they go on sale though haha

Maybe you used an old sheet of Piranja? certainly it isn't slow.There is a huge difference between TM and Piranja for example .

Also, as I have said several times,the sponge on the inverted side does play a role in the speed of the pips.Both the thickness and ,especially, how soft or hard the inverted rubber is