OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 06:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Second training session.The dreaded no spin ball is not a problem with P3AV.You need to be active ,have a decent wrist movement and train lots of hours to have confidence.

I still have many mistakes because I am too aggressive sometimes.However,in the part of the training session which was not recorded I tried to be just active enough and the ball goes to the corners more safely.

I think the slow blade helps with control and in a faster,stiffer blade the results may be better but consistency is paramount for me right now.

Setup: Lion Defense + P3aV ox +Tibhar SD 1.3

https://youtu.be/GkPsTe2G5uU

https://youtu.be/1fqGR3pEQgA

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 12:19 
Super User

Slower blade meaning better control and more consistency in keeping balls on the table - exactly my ticket too. :D BH attack looking good CharDef :up:

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 17:18 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
You're really whacking them balls lol. Looks to be quite consistent too. It is edited so I cannot tell but what % shot is that would you say.

Would love to see it in match play. Maybe friendly match with the same guys

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 23:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Ndragon wrote:
You're really whacking them balls lol. Looks to be quite consistent too. It is edited so I cannot tell but what % shot is that would you say.

Would love to see it in match play. Maybe friendly match with the same guys

You are very right.A match play is much better to see how P3aV really performs.In fact, I have in mind to record a friendly match at the sports centre as soon as I can .

Yes, I am too aggressive atm . Both Lion Defense and P3aV are slow.My idea is that for balls that are easy to attack I must hit hard . Slow, low,spinless mid table balls are easy to lift and you can just lift them up and place then at the corners.

P3aV can send different type of balls.Variety is the key to trouble the opponent.If you block passively , you send backspin( low and imo with very decent reversal- by decent reversal I mean 6/6.5 out of 10).If you step backwards and chop the ball , you can send no spin or spin .If you block actively - the blade forward-, you send a no pspin ball with a very low trajectory.You can also punch the ball and send a nasty ball .

The key here is that the opponent can never predict what you are going to do and has to read the kind of ball you send .Atm I am being very active and aggressive , just to try to master active play.I have been a passive player for many years .

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2021, 05:13 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
You're doing very well atm by the looks of it that LP will work well with your new game plan

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 00:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Ndragon wrote:
You're doing very well atm by the looks of it that LP will work well with your new game plan

I forgot but the % shot is about 60/70 atm just because I am too aggressive.As soon as I lower the speed and just try to place the ball at the corners , I am at 90% already . I guess in real games I won't be too aggressive as the goal is consistency .Just have to work out the kind of shot according to the height of the ball and also the speed and spin but non spin balls will not be dealt with in a passive way, which is precisely what the opponent wants so they can easily attack the third ball .

I will also mix both passive and active play to send different kinds of spins.The quality of P3aV , the control of Lion Defense plus training lots of hours and sticking to a consistency game plan will yield results for sure .

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 00:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
Slower blade meaning better control and more consistency in keeping balls on the table - exactly my ticket too. :D BH attack looking good CharDef :up:

Once we grow old and compete against those players of our generation ,consistency is paramount because the opponents will not be so agile and will eventually make mistakes,not because of the equipment-our pips are a joke compared to the FL era - but because they cannot be as consistent as when they were younger .

BH attack is promising if they return the first ball, the second attack is even more dangerous.It seems I am promoting P3aV but this pip versatility and its quality is outstanding . :)

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 04:11 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Well done friend.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2021, 17:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Interesting stuff Charmander,have you tried aggressive side swipe against underspins?
How is it for aggressive pushing?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2021, 02:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

dazzler wrote:
Interesting stuff Charmander,have you tried aggressive side swipe against underspins?
How is it for aggressive pushing?

Hi,Dazzler! I still haven't tried it yet in full detail but I will .I have been more focused on the no spin ball as in my games I rarely get underspin.95% of serves are spinless either long or short both wings and some are mid table so they see if you push the ball off the table or into the net .

Been side swiping here and there though and it seems P3aV is good with great sinking effect.Better test it fully .As soon as I can I will upload a new video . :)

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2021, 10:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I did not have time to practise drills last week.I need more training sessions to get consistency in all kind of shots .

I did manage to get a video recorded though . A couple of sets against a D.techs user .We have been having rallies pip against pip and both made unforced errors , not being able to push aggressively.

I lost 1-3 but all the points were a battle of just putting the ball on the table really.I did not twiddle,which is something I have been training a lot but insecurity leads to conservatism. :( :( .Lesson learned

https://youtu.be/ND_1l2EU9k8

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2021, 06:41 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
No better weapon against LP than well used SP.

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2021, 20:37 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I grabbed a couple sheets of TSP Curl P-3a in 0.5mm and have been testing them the past few weeks. Very solid rubber.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2021, 00:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Joo Se Kev wrote:
I grabbed a couple sheets of TSP Curl P-3a in 0.5mm and have been testing them the past few weeks. Very solid rubber.

Please, let me remind you that P3aV is the replacement of TSP Curl P3@R, not just P3a and I am playing in ox.I guess the 0.5 version is as versatile as in ox but with much less reversal .

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!