OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2022, 01:12 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
It's a great style and wonderful for the fitness, if you want to run the ball down. I play it A LOT... to my own detriment! Hard to replicate the thrill of a good point when sending back those long chops, dashing up to the table for a quick retrieve and doing it all over again before finishing off the point with a SMASH!

I would wholeheartedly encourage people to try the style -- for FUN! If winning was your primary goal... :?: :lol:

Check out SUPER STEVE HORTON https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fjLyeXUPb4

For a look at older players doing a wild, classic defense play style. He looks to have slowed down some in that last video, compared to his younger days - and as a result... is attacking more! Probably to cut down on the running about.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2022, 02:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
It's a great style and wonderful for the fitness, if you want to run the ball down. I play it A LOT... to my own detriment! Hard to replicate the thrill of a good point when sending back those long chops, dashing up to the table for a quick retrieve and doing it all over again before finishing off the point with a SMASH!

I would wholeheartedly encourage people to try the style -- for FUN! If winning was your primary goal... :?: :lol:

Check out SUPER STEVE HORTON https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fjLyeXUPb4

For a look at older players doing a wild, classic defense play style. He looks to have slowed down some in that last video, compared to his younger days - and as a result... is attacking more! Probably to cut down on the running about.

When I compete the primary goal is to try and play well , by executing what I can really do well... by focusing on that ,victories will come along sooner rather than later .

I don't mind the running about...... I used to be a marathoner 14 years ago.Muscle memory + a great aerobic capacity .I can still get back to running every day and get even fitter .....

It sounds as if I am boasting about my fitness but this is the real me..... I have always been an athlete all my life and chances are I will keep doing exercise until my last day on earth .

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 06:12 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
I am a blocker but I have to leave table edge when I am under slow spiny loops. So I chop spiny loops and block everything else.

I am not sure that chopping is more physically demanding. My back and knees rest while in chopping mode. I switch to chopping style when I play easy games too long to avoid back pain.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 08:17 
Super User

Omut wrote:
I am not sure that chopping is more physically demanding. My back and knees rest while in chopping mode. I switch to chopping style when I play easy games too long to avoid back pain.

Back and knees rest while in chopping mode - may be so but certainly more demanding in the sense of having to move around a lot more than being at the table and blocking. At higher levels there will be no easy games. So not entirely sure what you mean about easy games.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 09:46 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Yep. When I played lower level, i felt chopping was much easier and less demanding than trying to attack.

Once people were able to loop hard, be consistent AND drop me short, I remember thinking... holy $&#@ thats a lot more moving than I thought!

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 11:49 

Deleted

Last edited by Billy on 15 Mar 2022, 04:06, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2022, 12:09 

Deleted

Last edited by Billy on 15 Mar 2022, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 00:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Billy wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
Never smoked, drunk,or drugs .

Also enjoy this video below

http://dittf.atwebpages.com/diego/diego.mp4

ท่านที่รัก ฉันแนะนำให้คุณเป็นคนดี ไม่จำเป็นต้องหยาบคายมาก ใช่ ฉันแต่งงานกับผู้หญิงไทยที่สวย

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 01:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
best of luck with your new set up mate.
you can always go back to blocking if it doesnt work out as planned. :Chop:

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 03:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

peterpong wrote:

Thank you so much ! I hope I can be successful.As you very well said I can revert back to blocking at any time :)

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 03:54 

Billy wrote:
Never smoked, drunk,or drugs .

Also enjoy this video below

http://dittf.atwebpages.com/diego/diego.mp4

ท่านที่รัก ฉันแนะนำให้คุณเป็นคนดี ไม่จำเป็นต้องหยาบคายมาก ใช่ ฉันแต่งงานกับผู้หญิงไทยที่สวย

I did not understand your purpose of posting your reply in Thai in an English language forum. I am OK with with it (Google translate works everywhere not just whereever you are located at :D ) but some others may consider it rude. If you cannot take a joke , it is best to leave it alone. If this thread was about health in table-tennis, your injecting info about your personal lifestyle may have been ok but this thread was about some other table tennis issue such as rubber ? So in that context one may think your post was rude because you want sound like you are better than others & it was condescending to people who may have or had addictions. On internet, especially forums, often it is more of a matter of interpretation than facts. Just saying. Peace

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 05:20 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
TTbuddy wrote:
So not entirely sure what you mean about easy games.
Easy games meant only playing scored games with various opponents (we call it ladder: winner of a single set promotes to the table up, loser -- to the table down). But not rated tournament games.

Level of opponents is always relative. If you do not reach a ball for chopping you lose a point but your knees and back are not in fire. You cannot perform a decent loop without back and knees exploit at all.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 05:55 
Super User

Billy wrote:
Easy games meant only playing scored games with various opponents (we call it ladder: winner of a single set promotes to the table up, loser -- to the table down). But not rated tournament games.

In this context it makes sense and thanks for clarifying :up: but for poster it is going to be more a case of rated tournament games which means tougher opposition and a different ball game all together :o

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 06:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Billy wrote:

I did not understand your purpose of posting your reply in Thai in an English language forum. I am OK with with it (Google translate works everywhere not just whereever you are located at :D ) but some others may consider it rude. If you cannot take a joke , it is best to leave it alone. If this thread was about health in table-tennis, your injecting info about your personal lifestyle may have been ok but this thread was about some other table tennis issue such as rubber ? So in that context one may think your post was rude because you want sound like you are better than others & it was condescending to people who may have or had addictions. On internet, especially forums, often it is more of a matter of interpretation than facts. Just saying. Peace

I did not understand your lack of respect in your deleted posts either.Now you sound as if you are hurt by my posting in Thai.I am not stupid-though you think I am or you think you are smarter -.I knew you were going to google the post in Thai.

This is not about not knowing how to take a joke.This is how your intention was to make fun of me : About the Waldner's gambling thing , about if being married is to be a slave etc....

My post in Thai was the answer to your rudeness; can't you realise now? and in the Thai post I am very polite ,which , by the way, is what you really lack in your observations about me .

Now you want people to see you are the victim.You seem to be a master of manipulation,which has zero effect on me . I am not condescending or better than anyone.Just said something to clarify why I do not mind the running about of the chopper's strategy.It is you and only you who has given a negative meaning to my observations.Yes, on the forum it is a matter of interpretations but you and only you are absolutely misled by your unkind mind.Behind your jokes there lives evil .

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2022, 19:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
peterpong wrote:

Thank you so much ! I hope I can be successful.As you very well said I can revert back to blocking at any time :)

I was a anti blocker .I then started chopping and my averages went way up.The blade makes a hell of a difference aswell and i settled on a duel speed blade.
Im still wanting to improve and have a few blades to try.my f/h is my weakness but its ok up to a certain level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next