OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 03:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Dr. Herbert Neubauer Germany/Switzerland
Style: shakehander, SP/LP, blocker/hitter
Blade: Dr Neubauer High Technology Plus
FH: Dr Neubauer Leopard 1.5mm
BH: Dr Neubauer Super Block OX

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4RKOMKZJ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19MLUPVQ

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 15:59 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Awesome I love this guy!
Thanks myname.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 04:54 
The Artist
The Artist

Here is another one for you. :)

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 05:43 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Great find brabhamista!

Although a lot of this is frictionless stuff, there's also some great stuff here for short pip players.

15:50 Neubauer demonstrates a twiddling alternative that I've never come close to being able to do.

23:21 Neubauer demonstrates the abbreviated shakehand short pips stroke.
26:35 Neubauer demonstrates a devastating backhand attack against backspin with short pips.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 18:25 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

http://down.bokett.com/vi/yl009.avi

This is a download link (you should be able to right-click on most browsers to download / warning: it's a 281MB file) to a beautiful high quality, full match video of Dr. Neubauer's quarterfinal loss to Diao Wen Yuan at the 2010 World Veterans Championships in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China.

It looks like the Doc is using inverted on the forehand and one of his antis on the backhand. As far I know this is the only full match of Neubauer ever posted on the net. Too bad it's not one of his better performances. One thing I noticed is it seems Neubauer's service toss is often illegal. Interesting.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 02:50 
Hard Justice

Anyone brave enough to leave the house sporting a wicked hairdoo like that is my kind of guy.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 15:10 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2010, 08:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 02:00 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

As regarding the full HD match posted above, and the commentary:
Quote:
Too bad it's not one of his better performances.
, I would like to point out that Diao (or Tiao as it used to be spelled) Wenyuan was one of China's best penholder looper-attackers in the 1970's, gaining a silver medal in the Open Scandinavian Cha,mpionships of 1971, a gold medal at the national Chinese championships in 1972, adding the gold medal doubles to it, a silver medal singles next year, a silver medal in the Asian games at the doubles in 1974, and silver doubles at the 4-nations championships (China, japan, Sweden, Yugoslavia) 1974.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 03:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Kees wrote:
As regarding the full HD match posted above, and the commentary:
Quote:
Too bad it's not one of his better performances.
, I would like to point out that Diao (or Tiao as it used to be spelled) Wenyuan was one of China's best penholder looper-attackers in the 1970's, gaining a silver medal in the Open Scandinavian Cha,mpionships of 1971, a gold medal at the national Chinese championships in 1972, adding the gold medal doubles to it, a silver medal singles next year, a silver medal in the Asian games at the doubles in 1974, and silver doubles at the 4-nations championships (China, japan, Sweden, Yugoslavia) 1974.

The Doc made a lot of what could be considered unforced errors in the match. I counted them once and it was something like four or five per game. I recall reading that he hardly practiced for this tournament and didn't make a decision on what forehand rubber to use until right before the tournament.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 07:59 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

I think the good Doctor needs to find a junior and teach them how to play at the international level with his products. He is just getting too old for young people to take him seriously.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2011, 16:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

MNNB wrote:
Quote:
The Doc made a lot of what could be considered unforced errors in the match. I counted them once and it was something like four or five per game. I recall reading that he hardly practiced for this tournament and didn't make a decision on what forehand rubber to use until right before the tournament.

I believe you and his performance does look a bit uninspired. It was a bad period for him anyway, with bringing out the anti's that didn't work too well. He must have known they were hard to control and perhaps, using one of them anyway (is he?), he knew it would never work well, but he still had to use it because that is his business. It would be hard to feel inspired, then, or perform with conviction.
I am not trying to find mitigating circumstances, at all. I just think it is worthwhile to try and make a picture as complete as possible; it should enhance understanding. Here is a man who has made it his mission in life - and his profitable profession - to design, market and sell equipment which allows players who aren't fast and agile (anymore) or have other limitations to take part in the game on as high a level as possible. I find that interesting and I like to understand how it works - or doesn't work, at times.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 03:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Kees wrote:
MNNB wrote:
Quote:

I believe you and his performance does look a bit uninspired. It was a bad period for him anyway, with bringing out the anti's that didn't work too well. He must have known they were hard to control and perhaps, using one of them anyway (is he?), he knew it would never work well, but he still had to use it because that is his business. It would be hard to feel inspired, then, or perform with conviction.
I am not trying to find mitigating circumstances, at all. I just think it is worthwhile to try and make a picture as complete as possible; it should enhance understanding. Here is a man who has made it his mission in life - and his profitable profession - to design, market and sell equipment which allows players who aren't fast and agile (anymore) or have other limitations to take part in the game on as high a level as possible. I find that interesting and I like to understand how it works - or doesn't work, at times.

Yet another very astute posting. Thanks
tOD one of the non-fast, unagile, physically limitied

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 04:36 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

This was the first World Veterans Championship he has played with anti. He also used it in the 2009 Euro Veterans Championship. The 2011 EVC is in a few weeks. Maybe someone will get some new video.

I hope someone eventually comes up with another rubber that works for us older, footwork-challenged folks. Dr. Neubauer Super Block was perfect. :@

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2011, 07:52 

Blade: Sauer and Troger Zeus
FH: Xiom vega Asia DF
BH: Dr Neubauer Troublemaker
I was speaking to Herbert at a Tournament in April which was held in England.
He was still experimenting with various combinations of rubbers. He was using long pimples, short pimples and anti-loop.
He was'nt playing very well and lost some matches he should have won.
I hope he finds a winning combination soon. He will be playing in the European Vets Tournament in two weeks time.
I will be there also, so I will see if he has found an effective combination.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!