OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 05:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2019, 03:53 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Camera a bit too far, but I like these kinds of angles so you can really get a sense of spacing from the table. Also, I follow Zonenko's youtube channel, as he is quite good too.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2019, 02:46 
Super User

Blade: Diode V ST
FH: V>22 Max
BH: Curl P1V 1.0
Yes, Zonenko is a very high level player. He's probably the same level as Denis Kalachevskiy whom we discussed recently.

A little off-topic but here is his most recent match:

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2019, 20:44 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Challenger Series 2019:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2019, 19:50 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Challenger Series 2019:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2019, 04:56 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
The Chet makes quick work of a young punk :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks7G2Ff6EsY

PostPosted: 11 May 2019, 19:13 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Challenger Series 2019:

PostPosted: 14 May 2019, 01:46 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2019, 20:20 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Challenger Series 2019:

PostPosted: 28 Jul 2019, 18:35 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Challenger Series 2019:

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2019, 21:41 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Challenger Series 2019 - 18/9 until 20/9:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2019, 22:02 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: Trick Anti
From 4:20 here:

Unbelievable patience from Evgueni!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2019, 04:30 
Super User

Looks like a good majority of his points came from attacking as well, so much for the classic defender! But against the more passive players trying to wait you out, ol' Chtchet knows how to show them who's boss!

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2019, 05:40 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
He obviously knows what he's doing, but it's shocking to me how adamant he is about not attacking from the backhand side, whether with his pips or with inverted. The guy in that last match was giving him virtual pop ups close to the net, especially towards the end of the match, and Chtchetinine still pushed every single one of them (except for one attempted attack with his pips that he missed). I cannot possibly believe that those would have been low-percentage shots, had he attempted them. If you're using pips on some of those balls, you literally just need to take the ball at the top of the bounce, bend your wrist back and slap the ball towards your opponent's table.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2019, 02:10 
Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
He obviously knows what he's doing, but it's shocking to me how adamant he is about not attacking from the backhand side, whether with his pips or with inverted. The guy in that last match was giving him virtual pop ups close to the net, especially towards the end of the match, and Chtchetinine still pushed every single one of them (except for one attempted attack with his pips that he missed). I cannot possibly believe that those would have been low-percentage shots, had he attempted them. If you're using pips on some of those balls, you literally just need to take the ball at the top of the bounce, bend your wrist back and slap the ball towards your opponent's table.

Yeah, he missed the one early on and seemed to get a bit gun-shy with the rest of them. He also botched a number of LP block attempts close to the table. When he did a loop and the other guy fished it back, Chtchet stood right at the table trying a drop shot... net or off the table.

It was interesting to see how often the Chet was looking to attack this match. Gives some good insight into perhaps how a more classic defender should play against a patient/passive player. Some shots you could see his footwork moving to attack, but the ball would go in a slightly sharper angle than he wanted or not high enough, and he immediately swapped back to defense. It seems he has his attack range very dialed in, and rarely attempts an attack on anything falling even slightly outside that ideal setup. Unlike a heavy attacker who will often find themselves sliding around, bending for a suicide shot. I guess that's what makes him the 'classic' type of defender. He's not forcing attacks, but if they come - he will deliver!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2019, 02:42 
Joo Too
Joo Too

skilless_slapper wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:

Yeah, he missed the one early on and seemed to get a bit gun-shy with the rest of them. He also botched a number of LP block attempts close to the table. When he did a loop and the other guy fished it back, Chtchet stood right at the table trying a drop shot... net or off the table.

It was interesting to see how often the Chet was looking to attack this match. Gives some good insight into perhaps how a more classic defender should play against a patient/passive player. Some shots you could see his footwork moving to attack, but the ball would go in a slightly sharper angle than he wanted or not high enough, and he immediately swapped back to defense. It seems he has his attack range very dialed in, and rarely attempts an attack on anything falling even slightly outside that ideal setup. Unlike a heavy attacker who will often find themselves sliding around, bending for a suicide shot. I guess that's what makes him the 'classic' type of defender. He's not forcing attacks, but if they come - he will deliver!

If we define attack as the only way to win a game or to be successful as a defender, then it's indeed shocking. However, that's not the only way and it's proven in this game. He probably felt his attacks weren't penetrating enough, so he went full wall mode.

As a sidenote: there's a video on Youtube him training with Ma Lin. The guy can attack: no doubt about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next