OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 17:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2008, 23:33 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi LawOCG,
Counter looping and counter driving is my game where I really feel at home.
The Seemiller grip does make it eaiser. To do it with shakehands, it requires folding the wrist back some to get the side angle, at least for me. With Seemiller grip, just hit later and come across some, no grip correction required.
I can do hooks with Seemiller by pulling the bat behind me some and going out around the ball but not near as good as with shakehands.
One thing to note, both hook and fade have a smaller margin of error because lots of the arc is used in the side component. Even loaded with spin, it will not drop as much as a normal loop. I have to consiously aim higher. You have to practice it to make it a high % shot. My practice partner plays shake and has a mean hook. We are both left handed. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008, 05:16 

I have seen this clip before, and I still believe this is one of the greatest shots I've ever seen. The sidespin fading away from Boll is pretty amazing, but it's the SPEED of the shot itself that I can't get over.

Watch the clip again, but this time just watch Boll as the ball goes past him. He doesn't even have time to flinch. Woah....

Edit: Watch the shot in the context of this clip at 52 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPyixqt9878

I think it looks even more amazing here for some reason.

FH: Quattro Ultralight 2.0

BH: Quattro Ultralight 2.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2008, 09:59 
Super User

hookshot wrote:
One thing to note, both hook and fade have a smaller margin of error because lots of the arc is used in the side component.

This is something that I really notice with my hooks as opposed to my inside out loops. With my inside out loops I tend to be more accurate than I am with my hook loops because I start to slide over and get too much side spin on the ball and not enough top. When this happens, obviously, I start putting the ball off the side of the table or punching it too high. I have to keep focused on staying over the top of the ball when I'm hooking it, both forehand and backhand, or I start putting almost pure side spin hook on the ball. :shock:

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 00:01 
VaMP-ire Killer

I had a go0 at the shot last night. i told me mentor and he couldnt figure out how its possible, he managed to find out how its done (or so he thinks) but he couldnt get it working. During the doubles, a high ball came up, being he had a large lead i gave it a go

it worked...ish

It didnt go down the line but it went right next to the net and just lightly span away. Tried it again, and although the sidespin inst strong atm, it did catch a few people. Had a go with it when shooting to my mentor in the doubles, and it got it all muddled up

ok, I cant do it low like a normal loop yet, but i recon if I try it a bit more I could get it to work well

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2008, 18:02 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

(I have a serve like this :D )

I usually add a little sidespin when I loop forehand straight, because it makes it easier to get the ball in the right spot (it's easier like this because my footwork isn't good enough :oops: )

Same goes for backhand looping straight: just go across the ball (left to right for right-handed backhand) a bit, so the ball will curve towards the opp right-hand corner. (although this has less to do with footwork, but more with deception)

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!