OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 09:28 
Super User

Hi all - since I got back from my trip to Europe, I've been locked in my study working feverishly on upgrading my personal website. It's finally done, with only some old articles etc to shift over to the new format. I'm quite pleased with the new look!

And now that I'm back, I can start putting up some new videos on a regular basis. To start with, I've got a video of Justin Han and myself from this year's Aussie Open - where I lost 2-3. Just goes to show that even the best players can sometimes struggle against long pips. I've also got Kyle Davis vs John Tawadrous, Henzell vs Zalcberg, and Fabian Moritz vs Nana Boateng. Plus an old 2005 video of Brett Clarke vs Chamara Fernando for members. You can find it at http://www.gregsttpages.com/gttp/index.php/Videos/freevideos.html

Oh yes, I'm also planning to start an online coaching group in the next few months. I'll have more details on my site about that in the near future. Probably around $30 per month, with email access to ask questions, plus video answers from me to certain questions as well - the rest would be via email or on the site for all of the group to learn from. And general TT coaching videos as well. And of course group members can send me videos to take a look at and give advice. I'm still in the early stages of planning, and I need to shoot a few starting videos as well. But keep an eye out, it's coming!

Greg

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 10:15 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Nice way to finish off that first game vs Justin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2008, 10:41 
Super User

Yeah - I did an even better one against Wang Xiao in 2007 (actually, I did a couple), also on a game point. In that one I clipped the sideline edge, so it looked out all the way until it finally hit. (It's in the background of one of my other videoclips) Unfortunately Wang beat me in that match 3-1 though, darn it!

Actually, I had a really funny moment against Andy Shih this year. I had match point in Game 4, hit a good shot, Andy hit it on the top edge of his bat from way back from the table. The ball went up really high, and I guessed it might go on, so I ran to the left side of the table to smash it. just in case. Bu the darn thing bent a bit on the way down and bounced really short, and to the right of the table. Even with me reaching over the table and using just the end of my handle, I couldn't reach it. Waving my bat in vain. Everybody cracked up, and Andy eventually won that game to make it 2-all. Fortunately I got my act together again after that and managed to win the final game, otherwise I would have been truly cheesed off. I've got it on video and you can see the umpire totally losing it after I miss. Anyway, all's well that ends well!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!