OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2009, 10:35 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Just saw this from ITTF TV, this guy attacks more on his forehand than defends on his backhand. Look at his serves, simple but with several variations. You guys can click to see the rest of the matches.

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/itTV.as ... y=ittv_New

Learning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 00:44 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

he's not a new player in the scene, he was pan-american championn some years ago, played here at Spain and I had the pleasure of seeing him play on my city. He's a really nice guy, last time I saw him he was using BTY Matsushita pro model with feint II and DHS H3

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 02:23 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Another sparse crowd at the first ITTF event of 2009. This is moments before the men's final. When will the big ball and all the other changes start to attract new TT fans as promised?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009, 07:56 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Don't let the photo above fool you. According to the ITTF, they are extremely popular:

ittf.com Ranks Third Among Olympic Sports Federations

By: Sheri Soderberg Pittman

1/19/2009

At a recent marketing seminar I was participating in, we were learning how to analyze and effectively use information about website traffic. When the course instructor asked attendees to name some of their websites, we discovered that ITTF.com had a very high ranking. After the seminar, I was curious to compare our traffic with the other Olympic international federations.

What a surprise it was to discover that the ITTF’s website ranks third among the 35 official IF websites! That’s pretty remarkable!

I compiled a spreadsheet from statistics I gathered at Alexa.com. According to the website, “Alexa computes traffic rankings by analyzing the web usage of millions of Alexa Toolbar users and data obtained from other diverse traffic data sources.” Among all sites on the web, Yahoo ranks first (1), followed by Google (2).

FIFA, the football/soccer international federation has the highest ranked website among the IFs, with a ranking of 1,992 (in top 2,000 websites worldwide). Tennis is second with a ranking of 25,352, followed by table tennis with a ranking of 28,278 (in top 30,000 websites worldwide). Only five other IF websites rank in the top 100,000: Athletics, Skiing, Volleyball, Badminton and Skating.

President Adham Sharara enthusiastically exclaimed, "I always suspected that our website was very popular and fan-based. But I never imagined that the ITTF's website would be in the top 3 international federations in the world. This is amazing.”

How did this happen? We’ve got a great website! It appeals to a wide range of visitors from competitors to spectators, from juniors to veterans, and from able-bodied athletes to Paralympians. Access to itTV allows viewers to watch events via live or delayed transmission. Pop-down menus exist for all major international tournaments. The ITTF online museum brings our sport’s history to life. An extensive photo gallery contains hundreds of catalogued pictures. There’s even an interactive table tennis game. Our website contains a total of 16 distinct subject categories on its toolbar, with several other subcategories, pop up features, and articles accessible from its home page.

Undoubtedly the ITTF’s innovative and creative P4 Plan, which was adopted almost a decade ago, has helped the ITTF to accomplish this distinction. Increasing the popularity of our sport at the international level, including increasing the visibility of table tennis through electronic media, is the Plan’s top priority. Great accomplishments like this add to our sport’s international stature.

While still contemplating the thought-provoking news, President Sharara added, “We always knew that the number of visitors during our top events was astronomical -- in the millions -- during our World Championships, but now it's great to have it confirmed by an independent source, which is the world expert in assessing website traffic. I am extremely pleased."

The ITTF is currently analyzing this exciting information in order to identify innovative ideas to keep promoting table tennis and boosting our sport’s image and popularity.

“We can safely congratulate ourselves and thank our Web-Master, Mohamed El-Shentenawy, for his tireless work and Mr. Ian Marshal for his prolific article writing and keeping our fans coming back to our website” concluded Adham Sharara.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics