OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 22:20 

Blade: TB ALC
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Hi!

A year ago I started playing with Spinlord Keiler on backhand. What struck me immediately was how different the rubber behaved depending on which blade I used. Finally choosed Butterfly Timo Boll ALC. The effect was fantastic (at least for me who came from playing with two backsides) and after a couple of months I defeated players with significantly higher rankings than me and went undefeated in the league until the pandemic stopped all the fun.

Now to the problem. I have since become a father of two and do not have the opportunity to train to the same extent. This means that TB ALC now feels too difficult to master. What I hope to find is a blade that is slightly easier to play than my current one but which still retains at least large parts of the effect. I have previously tested blades with limba and hinoki without getting good enough results.

I want to attack with Keiler and never really push. Hitting and counter-blocking is primarily what I use it for. With forehand, I want to loop near the table.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2021, 00:23 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
IMO it is nothing bad to lower your performance because lower training and fitness but play style and equipment you like. I think another equipment can possibly be better for your style but without regular training you will have hard and long time to adapt to it.

I have made a similar error in trying to change equipment at a time I had no time train. I was tied for a while so I could not play neither old nor new equipment.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 20:23 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
I agree with Omut the most what he said.

I also read a while ago that the Keiler was a little bit blade dependent also.

But If I have to give you a suggestion try Dr Neubauer Firewall Plus blade. 8)
It is excellent for pips out players on the backhand side. It is good for hitting, blocking and counterattack.
Very good All+ blade with a good acceleration possible thanks to the balsa core inside.
It weights around +- 65gr. So it is light which you can prefer or not.
Make sure that you use on the FH side a harder and faster rubber. Because personally
I found a softer / medium rubber on FH side a little bit too slow.

I played a long time with Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon: Keiler was also good on this carbon blade.
I never thought I would switch too another blade. The Firewall Plus convinced me, suits my personal style completely
and i'm happy with it :up:

Last edited by BJ20 on 02 Nov 2021, 22:17, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2021, 06:09 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
I'm late to this party, I haven't had much time to post lately, anyway I think Keiler works well on blades with a harder outer ply.

Koto seems to work well for me, so if you haven't found what you want, look for something similar for your blade. A hard outer ply and match the other blade characteristics for what you need.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021, 18:34 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
I find the the latest Keiler is not that fast due to a slower sponge than 3-4 years ago. 1.5mm definitely suits quite a hard fast blade as otherwise it can feel a bit slow and soft.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2021, 22:36 

Blade: Dr.neubauer
FH: Acuda S1
BH: Spinlord Keiler
I'm using the Keiler 1.2 mm on the dr.neubauer world champion carbon blade on backhand and it is excellent and easy for counter hitting and punching and blocking .

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2023, 15:09 

Blade: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
FH: VICTAS 102 (ZLC side)2 mm
BH: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5m
Godeliga wrote:
Hi!

A year ago I started playing with Spinlord Keiler on backhand. What struck me immediately was how different the rubber behaved depending on which blade I used. Finally choosed Butterfly Timo Boll ALC. The effect was fantastic (at least for me who came from playing with two backsides) and after a couple of months I defeated players with significantly higher rankings than me and went undefeated in the league until the pandemic stopped all the fun.

Now to the problem. I have since become a father of two and do not have the opportunity to train to the same extent. This means that TB ALC now feels too difficult to master. What I hope to find is a blade that is slightly easier to play than my current one but which still retains at least large parts of the effect. I have previously tested blades with limba and hinoki without getting good enough results.

I want to attack with Keiler and never really push. Hitting and counter-blocking is primarily what I use it for. With forehand, I want to loop near the table.

I use Spinlord Gipfelsturm(assume not too different to Keiler) on BH and have attached it on many different blades. The best is on Butterfly Viscaria (ALC). Vis should give you better control than Timo Boll ALC but not too far from what you used to on Timo Boll ALC. Just for your reference.

Blade#1: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
Blade#2: Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
Blade#3: Joo Saehyuk
FH: VICTAS 102 2.0mm
BH#1: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5mm (ALC side)
BH#2: Nittaku DO Knuckle 1.4mm
BH#3: Yasaka Anti Power