OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 10 Apr 2024, 15:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Spinlord Keiler
PostPosted: 23 Aug 2022, 18:17 

Blade: OSP Expert CRWi FL
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P max
BH: Dr. N. Aggressor 1,3mm
After two months with Killer Soft 1,8mm I changed this for Keiler 1,5mm , because KS was to soft and due to not good controlled by lifting. But I saw , that new sheet is slower and no more with tensor feeling as old sheet with yelow sponge , wich was in my drawer many years , present from my mate , never regulary played by me. Despite this I will to play with Keiler and I ordered 1,8mm sheet. thicker sheet will not to do the same effect as old sponge sheet 1,5mm,wich have at home some years, but it should be similar.
It is sad that german producer /seller didn´t comunicated open about this change.
Despite all facts about sponge I see Keiler as a good compromise between disruption and control.

Last edited by MartyC on 25 Aug 2022, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2022, 00:24 

I recently glued sheet of Keiler 1,8mm on my main blade. Nice , springy feel similar as old version 1,5mm. training hours will only folow , but I am sure , that for me is best alternative for old Keiler 1,5mm , this new Keiler 1,8mm. And this with easier opening and more attacking possibilities.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2022, 03:48 

For those who have tested, is the 1.2 sponge really much deceptive than the 1.5 sponge? Which is normally expected with a higher control but who knows, I have somewhat a doubt and preferred to be sure before switching my 1.5 to a thinner one.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2022, 01:30 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
With 1.2mm Keiler he blade comes into play much more due to bottoming out which gives more so called disruptive effect, more precision in pushing and chopping but less control blocking against fast shots, , with 1.8mm the blade effect is much smaller and the sponge comes more into play giving more spin, speed and swerve.

So which one you choose will depend on which works with your blade and how you want play. If you are coming from fast inverted rubbers on the BH perhaps best to start with 1.8mm. Balsa blades like TSP work well with 1.2 and 1.5mm whilst wood blades maybe thicker sponges

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2022, 05:40 

Thanks for your answer. Nothing good in fact as I had an intuition. I switched my 1.5 to a softer blade with a little hope that he will marry well and on the contrary it loose all the disruptive effect I had on my stiff blade. It seems that with 1.2 it will be worst as the flexibility of the blade will be more solicited

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2022, 18:24 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Yes you will get more nasty fast low no spin returns off thin sponge on a hard blade, but trying to impart spin is harder and control may suffer. The softer blade will do the reverse. Bear in mind my experiences with Keiler date back to the faster softer yellow sponge. To me the golden medium was 1.5mm on a balsa carbon blade.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2022, 20:43 

I tested it in 1.2 and it was worst than with my usual 1.5. This blade is too flexible, my forehand is so much better with it. Maybe I will try 1.8 or 2.0. Like that the blade will have less impact on the shots.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2022, 18:43 

Sponge thickness choice is depending of your playing style .
For defensive or allround style is good 1,2-1,5mm.
For offensive style is better 1,8mm-max.
For me it is so , that for opening and offensive shots I have better control with thicker sponge.
With thinner sponge I have more control in passive shots.
Because my playing style is more offensive oriented (controled offensive) , my curently choice is in the end 1,8mm.
Big influence for whole set up has blade too.
After many years with composite blades I play curently with relatively thin, 6,2mm (as old Clipper first series 1981) , 7-ply all wood blade with 4 am. hinoki plies - VODAK Hinoki OFF-. Speed range top Off-/low Off.
This blade is little bit more living as usualy limba-Koto outer blade, I have feeling as Keiler has still more thicker sponge then actualy has..
Against composite blade is this blade more softer and forgiving.
It has beautiful Feel and for SP/MP very good control properties.

Last edited by MartyC on 10 Nov 2022, 23:16, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2022, 02:04 

Finally I switched to Aggressor as my backhand is more long pips strokes oriented. I tried it on Diode V and VKMO. The Diode V vibrates a little too much for my taste so I will stick to VKMO that I find more stable

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 16:56 

Blade: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
FH: VICTAS 102 (ZLC side)2 mm
BH: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5m
Spinlord Keiler looks super similar to Spinlord Gipfelsturm. Has anyone ever tried both? What's the differences? I am currently using Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5mm on my backhand. Thanks!

BR,
Nelson

Blade#1: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
Blade#2: Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
Blade#3: Joo Saehyuk
FH: VICTAS 102 2.0mm
BH#1: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5mm (ALC side)
BH#2: Nittaku DO Knuckle 1.4mm
BH#3: Yasaka Anti Power

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10