OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spinlord Keiler
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018, 23:46 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Hello Claus

What blade are you using? I have found Keiler to be very blade sensitive.

The problem with Keiler like many SP or MP with fast blades is that it can be difficult to play passive e.g chops, flicks or short pushes against slow low spin balls.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 05:56 

Hello ChasFox,

currently I play Arbalest Thor 6.0 (was Galaxy/Yinhe Speer). Its Balsa/Carbo and all+/off-.
I will test TSP Reflex Award off.
How do you solve this problem?

Greetings Claus

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 22:31 
Super User

it really depends on how bouncy the blade is at slow to medium speeds rather than off, off- etc. rating.

You may well find the TSP actually gives more control than the Thor with Keiler due to not having balsa and being more linear.

As regards sponge thickness 1.2mm on a fast blade will definitely give you less ability to hit top spin as it will bottom out on the wood quicker and will have a much harder feel unless the blade has soft outer plies or you are used to playing OX. I can use 1.2mm as I use slow blades with a bit of flex and dwell.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 01:01 

Hello ChasFox,

thank you very much for your advice.
Hm, hard outer pliers give more disrupting effect, I think. So thats a difficult question what is more important for my game.
I will go for testing the TSP Wood after our league games have ended, wich is tommrow.

Greetings Claus

PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 22:19 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hi guys,

I have now used BH 1,5 keiler in my re-impact blade KKS5. its really good. Blade is made from balsa FH offensive and BH allround. What do you guys think the differences between 1,5 and 1,8 keiler?

Regards

Soba

PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 22:27 

Soba wrote:

.... What do you guys think the differences between 1,5 and 1,8 keiler?

I posted that at 16 Jan 2017 in this topic.

Greetings Claus

PostPosted: 30 May 2018, 23:43 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
ClausTrophobie wrote:
Soba wrote:

Greetings Claus

Ok. Thanks. Anyone else?

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 19:55 

ChasFox wrote:
it really depends on how bouncy the blade is at slow to medium speeds rather than off, off- etc. rating.

You may well find the TSP actually gives more control than the Thor with Keiler due to not having balsa and being more linear.

As regards sponge thickness 1.2mm on a fast blade will definitely give you less ability to hit top spin as it will bottom out on the wood quicker and will have a much harder feel unless the blade has soft outer plies or you are used to playing OX. I can use 1.2mm as I use slow blades with a bit of flex and dwell.

Hi ChasFox,

you are quite right with that!

I´m overwhelmed how good Keiler is on TSP Reflex Award off.
Equally in speed but much more control then my previous Balsa/Carbo combination.
I thougth Balsa/carbo is the best combo for short or medium pips, but now I know why some woodden blades are famous pips blades (Clipper, Avalox P700, PF 032).
I dont think i will change my blade for a long time.

1,5 mm sponge thickness for me is the best combo between offensive possibilities, speed and control.

Greetings Claus

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2018, 03:48 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
Soba wrote:
ClausTrophobie wrote:
Soba wrote:

Greetings Claus

Ok. Thanks. Anyone else?

My newer sheets 1.8 mm are slightly thicker than my earlier 1.8 mm sheets which were close to my 1.5 mm sheets. I've played with them so long, I don't really notice much control differences between the 1.5 vs 1.8 mm sheets. The 1.5 mm sheets feel more direct, and don't seem to be able to produce as much spin, (they are about 1 year older, so that may be a factor.) I may order a new 1.5 sheet to try again.

Keiler is blade dependent apparently, but also depends on your technique, requiring active strokes to succeed. I guess I need to try it on some of the other blades I have lying around, see how it goes with all wood or fast carbon, just to have a point of reference.

FYI: My Xiom blade has Koto outer plys with Zephylium (Zylon?) plys, but no carbon.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 00:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
tried 1.5 on a defplay.throw angle seems low and you do need to play active.
blocks seem good and keep low
i used it on the f/h.
its a work in progress but i like it on first use.
i was also twiddling and hitting backhand drives-i struggle with B/H DRIVE but the low throw worked well.
Anyone else think the throw is LOW.
not the best at chops but seems ok.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 03:15 
Super User

Keiler definitely has a low throw and not much spin which makes it quite difficult to use on forehand but also nasty for opponent as drives and blocks skid low. Really is more suited to the BH as the lifting action is more natural on that side.

Keiler 1.5mm ideally needs a harder stiffer blade than the defplay to really come alive.

Last edited by ChasFox on 10 Nov 2018, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2018, 07:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
ChasFox wrote:
Keiler definitely has a low throw and not much spin which makes it quite difficult to use on forehand but also nasty for opponent as drives and blocks skid low. Really is more suited to the BH as the lifting action is more natural on that side.

Keiler 15mm ideally needs a harder stiffer blade than the defplay to really come alive.

cheers mate-i aint forgot about those rubbers-just been crazy busy-
it seems great on the backhand but i love me anti.my f/h is often way off and the low throw seems to work for me-
im still using raystorm at the moment as im in the middle of league play.i usually try something and disguard but this left an impression.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2018, 23:58 
Super User

just changed my well worn sheet of Keiler 1.2mm on S&T Black & White to a new sheet as it did not cover the whole blade surface.

Completely ruined my game as the new sheet feels very hard with no sink or deception. With my old sheet the ball seemed to hold on the rubber i.e. good dwell allowing a wide range of strokes and lots of control.

I noticed the new sponge is more of a red orange than yellow orange colour. Has any one else noticed a change in how Keiler plays or does it just need a long break in period to soften up both sponge and pips.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2018, 00:13 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
ChasFox wrote:
just changed my well worn sheet of Keiler 1.2mm on S&T Black & White to a new sheet as it did not cover the whole blade surface.

Completely ruined my game as the new sheet feels very hard with no sink or deception. With my old sheet the ball seemed to hold on the rubber i.e. good dwell allowing a wide range of strokes and lots of control.

I noticed the new sponge is more of a red orange than yellow orange colour. Has any one else noticed a change in how Keiler plays or does it just need a long break in period to soften up both sponge and pips.

Oh, this is interesting. Keiler that I own has an orange sponge but it's definitely more yellow than it looks in the images I was able to find, e.g. this one: https://tt-maximum.com/Data/ProductsGal ... 88f9b1.jpg

Does the new sponge look like the one in the picture? I actually disliked my yellowish Keiler as it feels too soft and thus unstable for me. And the sponge is so soft that I damaged it when removing from the blade.

Last edited by ziv on 16 Nov 2018, 02:53, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2018, 02:46 
Super User

Yes the new sponge is as in that image. Quite a hard feel compared to the yellow sponge and makes the Keiler seem like a short hitting pip with little disruption but not much spin either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next