OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2018, 06:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Match
https://youtu.be/wK0P1JoNE2E

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 00:23 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
Agressor is starting to be very popular as more video just shows up on you tube. Different strokes, slowmotion, test, review, and how to play with it with different thickness and match strategy with different blades.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 01:47 

Is that a relatively new rubber? Or are there newer versions out?

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 02:08 
Super User

By looking the beginning of this forum, i would say feb 2017.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2018, 18:48 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
maddrag wrote:
By looking the beginning of this forum, i would say feb 2017.

Have you seen Maxim Cherepnin's you tube review of Aggressor 1.5mm?. Towards the end he uses it on the Phenomenon blade with great effect against a power looper.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2018, 22:23 
Super User

yep. Probably one the new rubber with the most video. Too bad he did try the far defense. Maybe he doen't play that kind of game. It is very strongly made. Nothing wrong with the pips. If you look at lp forum. You can read that peoples are looking for rubber with attack and defense and it is said that is not possible. It's one or the other. I say agressor is the answer. Great at defense. Grand chop with the pips horizontaly and vertically and it give a different return. UnderSpin and no spin with long or short return and low or higher return to. A lot of variety to find what the opponant dislike.

Can be play far or near the table. Veyr anxious to play it with the phenomenon too see if it will bring the game of placement and length of the ball successfully.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2018, 06:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I've been playing with a factory prototype of Aggressor 0.6mm red that was graciously supplied by Carsten Neubauer. This may be the only one of its kind right now but based on how it's working I hope they decide to offer it as a regular option, or at very least entertain special orders. I was wondering if this sheet would have a non-factory glue job, being a prototype, but this looks like it came off a standard production line with perfect bonding of topsheet to sponge.

It uses the same sponge as the Dr Neubauer Allround Premium LP, and the good news is that the uncut sheet is a full 20g lighter than Aggressor 1.5mm red! It's also less bouncy and far easier to control while being faster and more forgiving than Aggressor OX.

My impressions after one day of play, coming off Aggressor OX:
In play, the 0.6mm excels at chopping, hitting, and even topspin drives. It is capable of great spin variation and is easier to use than Aggressor OX (too touchy) and also Aggressor 1.5mm (too fast/bouncy, heavy) The only downside vs Aggressor OX comes on serve return where, as expected, the 0.6mm is not as forgiving on passive "bump" returns as OX. Also, good reversal is generated when blocking loops, and at-the-table chop-blocks are particularly devastating. I'd say that Aggressor 0.6 plays like the ultimate attack LP.

My impressions after two more days of play:
Finished another practice night and another league day with Aggressor 0.6mm. Reaffirmed its prowess at chopping.. US2000-rated opponents really have trouble looping the 3rd chop. This style of rubber could make many traditional skinny LPs obsolete.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2018, 07:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

nathanso wrote:
I've been playing with a factory prototype of Aggressor 0.6mm red that was graciously supplied by Carsten Neubauer. This may be the only one of its kind right now but based on how it's working I hope they decide to offer it as a regular option, or at very least entertain special orders. I was wondering if this sheet would have a non-factory glue job, being a prototype, but this looks like it came off a standard production line with perfect bonding of topsheet to sponge.

It uses the same sponge as the Dr Neubauer Allround Premium LP, and the good news is that the uncut sheet is a full 20g lighter than Aggressor 1.5mm red! It's also less bouncy and far easier to control while being faster and more forgiving than Aggressor OX.

My impressions after one day of play, coming off Aggressor OX:
In play, the 0.6mm excels at chopping, hitting, and even topspin drives. It is capable of great spin variation and is easier to use than Aggressor OX (too touchy) and also Aggressor 1.5mm (too fast/bouncy, heavy) The only downside vs Aggressor OX comes on serve return where, as expected, the 0.6mm is not as forgiving on passive "bump" returns as OX. Also, good reversal is generated when blocking loops, and at-the-table chop-blocks are particularly devastating. I'd say that Aggressor 0.6 plays like the ultimate attack LP.

My impressions after two more days of play:
Finished another practice night and another league day with Aggressor 0.6mm. Reaffirmed its prowess at chopping.. US2000-rated opponents really have trouble looping the 3rd chop. This style of rubber could make many traditional skinny LPs obsolete.

Cool! What blade do you use?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2018, 08:26 
Super User

Nathanso's signature suggests BBC Ghost? :)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2018, 14:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
Nathanso's signature suggests BBC Ghost? :)

I keep forgetting about signature - not visable in Tapatalk :(

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2018, 01:18 
Super User

I played the phenomen blade yesterday. Its a very control blade all around- for my FH loop and my bh MP. You have to play the BH more straight and counter like a puch (more from the chest to the belly. See the video where he used the phenomenon blade.)

Win 3 games of 3. So much variable that I sometime change of play ( attck vs defense.) I change of side for my serves also. It totally heritate them. One guy is very all around player and put the ball correctly on the table. Speed is lacking a bit. So I return his serves with chop block or chop. He had to put more velocity to his shot and so get out of his confort zone and do high arc shot. He started to miss a lot. Also attack his high arc loop with Fh block and counterloop. One shot fast, one shot slow.

Terrible headache for them.

Play the fw + blade before but was too bouncy. Can't feel the ball that much. With this new blade I feel the ball going into the rubber and blade. A small fraction of second more on the ball. Fast enough to beat my opponent. around 1800 Canada rating.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2018, 02:16 
Super User

I thought you would like the Phenomenon at least on the backhands. I tried it with Waran short pips and it excelled at short low blocks against topspin and also attack with control. It was especially good at placing fast balls in the corners with a classic LP type lifting action.

Do you find you can get enough spin on tFH?

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2018, 02:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Please don't hijack this Dr Neubauer Aggressor thread to discuss blades.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2018, 03:34 
Super User

As Madrdag will confirm different blades types with Aggressor can make a big difference to how it plays.

Back to the rubber I tried Aggressor 1.5mm last week on my TSP black balsa 4.0. But a bit too bouncy a combination for defensive/ passive play and coming from inverted/ spinny short pips the bat angles being more LP gave me some trouble. When I managed to keep the ball on the table the shots were often not returned so I could see how dangerous Aggressor can be in skilled hands. I think this new version with 0.6mm sponge might suit me more or maybe Killer being more SP.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2018, 06:35 
Super User

so as we can see,... about agressor

A racquet is composed of a blade, sponge and pimples. There is a multitude of arrangement for a raquet.

So some play with the same blade but change of thickness of the sponge or even of kind of sponge when possible.

Fast blade with no sponge or a very thin sponge.
slower blade and faster sponge ( thicker sponge)

The pips of course react differently. So it is somewhere difficult to compare between us unless we know the total component of the racquet.

Sometime you read that the person can't control his racquet but you fin out he's playing with a carbon racquet.
There is of course a lot of reversal but no control. The same pimples than play very control as he has a very soft and slow blade. So the time of the contact is much more present.

There is also racquet that are very solid and some very soft. It add to the equation for the control and speed too.

So sometime watch what is the complete equipment the person has before to do a good judgement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next