OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008, 06:02 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
agooding2 wrote:
563 is so inbetween short and long pips it's hard to tell which it should be. The one player I knew who used it well would have only a tricky serve and a 3rd ball kill and then blocked the rest of the time.

What kind of tricky serve can you make with the 563?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008, 07:41 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
pongcrazy wrote:
Well......... the 563 35* had great control and I loved the way I could open up a backspin serve, I even tried it on both BH and FH. I am known to have very spinny brush loops with inverted and I also found out that I do with these pips. Unfortunately that only lasted about 15 minutes and 9 broken pips later. Guess this was a sign that I was born to use inverted. I loved looping with the pips while it lasted but I would have to by 2 new sheets each time I played. Great control and damn near perfect throw angle off the Darker blade. I guess I just don't know how to use them without breaking 'em. At the table pushes were a breeze and blocking was effortless, with a nice soft touch. No spin reversal on blocks but I could get close to a complete dead ball. Anyway thanks for all your help and suggestions with my short lived adventure. If those pips would last, I would loop both wings with them instead of inverted.

pongcrazy

I have a perfect pip rubber for you, they were made because of you and me. If you search for Prasidha Long A in this forum, you would have noted that I had the same problem last year, my long pip rubbers of 1615 and 755 last a maximum of 4 days and the pips started to fall off.

Luckily, I found Prasidha Long A 1.1 in Hong Kong, this pips last 6 months before a pip fall off. I played like you, I hit and use loop like action on my LP backhand and the normal pips can't withstand this kind of punishment. Long A did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2008, 13:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Another question on the RITC 563. Is it basically the same effect as the Donic Baxster? Do they play similarly?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008, 10:39 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

This thread should actually be in the medium pips section. Oops, forgot, we don't have one. :cry:

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008, 12:47 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

mynamenotbob wrote:
This thread should actually be in the medium pips section. Oops, forgot, we don't have one. :cry:

The medium pips act more like LP than SP, so I think it is ok to be here. I play/practice against this 563 rubber every Saturday, Bill U, the current US Open over 65 runner-up use this pip on his backhand and invert on his forehand with constant twiddling have to be very alert to play against.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008, 12:53 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

What kind of shots does he hit with it?

| My OOAK Interview

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2008, 14:05 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

He don't loop or use top spin with 563, he lift/bump on under spins and drive/flat hit when ball is higher than net. He slow block top spin balls with 563 and I have seen his chop away from the table also, using lots of wrist action.

I am starting to do some twiddling too when I remember but that's not my game style, my back hand LP attack is more efficient than using the invert rubber. The only time I would like to twiddle is using the LP (Long A 1.1) on forehand to flat hit when ball is about 1' higher than the net, same stuff that Bill U did to me, very effective. Don't have to hit very hard, it is a fast sinking underspin ball, resulting the return in the net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Aug 2008, 22:52 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Tat I guess its all a matter of practice but I could never get used to the feel of LP on my FH to do anything useful with it. Feels so weak in comparison to it on the BH or the inverted on the FH.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.