OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Dr Neubauer KO
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2020, 07:05 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Sorry for converting this thread into my personal blog. After a month of heavy practice I do not want to return back to long pips. I did not recover my local rating but at least I stopped to lose points anymore.

Long pips are easier to play because they are limited to reverse incoming spin. Long pips are very effective for some tricks and awfully ineffective for another. With medium pips I can either push or roll either short or long almost any service. KO is less spin sensitive and less spiny then Dornenglanz. But it is more then enough spin for strong attacks. I can play actively or passively or akward unpredictable with KO. Even if KO is not my strongest choice it is much more fun for me and for the charm of girls. ;)

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2020, 09:15 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
In my experience a well worn down DG is much more dangerous than K.O.You seemed to be using black DG,which has also MUCH poorer durability,hence ,you lose the time when DG is at its best.Besides, maybe you need to also use less sponge on the FH, perhaps a softer sponge with fewer mm will surely make the pips work better.

I did use K.O in ox and I got great results against pip players but against inverted K O is limited as the opponent will adapt pretty soon to the dead balls ,even if you block short.Therefore,I would try to test a red DG,which little friction plus a FH rubber with 1.2 max mm and you will see a more dangerous weapon than K.O.

This is my 2 cents. :)

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2020, 19:19 
Super User

I played DG for 8 years. 80% of my table tennis life. Enough.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2020, 23:24 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Omut wrote:
I played DG for 8 years. 80% of my table tennis life. Enough.

I just kindly tried to suggest another way to improve with the DG game.If you decide to stop playing with DG,then,so be it !! :) .Keep us updated how your game is improving??.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2020, 00:50 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Omut, how are you finding the 1.0mm sponge on KO. Is it noticeably lighter. How does it differ in playing characteristics to the thicker e.g. 1.5mm sponges.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2020, 06:47 
Super User

I tried KO Pro 1.3 a year ago. I had problems with speed and no control in passive game. So I returned back to DG ox. Occasionally I have sold my used KO Pro and cannot retest it quickly and cheaply now.

I think I have completely tamed KO 1.0 as a training stage and would try a thicker KO Pro version with the next rubber change. I still play 90% of balls with BH and need even more strong attacking rubber. KO 1.0 has enough grip for allround play with controlled opening attacks but it is not fast enough to finish point directly at my approx 1800-1900 USATT level.

I am not sensitive to racket weight.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020, 02:19 
Super User

Switched to KO Pro 1.3. In short: KO Pro is better.

KO 1.0 is a bit slower, but the difference is positive in very rare cases. KO 1.0 has better control in a short game and in receiving a few kinds of services. Not much.

KO Pro is sure better against topspin players. Push/chop is lower, block is safer. Anything a step away from a table is better.

I did not have a chance to test my new BH against defenders today. But overall control with KO Pro 1.3 over KO 1.0 is better.

P.S. Tried DG ox a bit on my Stiga Nostalgic Allround (IMO not a good combination). I cannot play with it without serious adjustments. So my LPs ox love is over completely.

PostPosted: 03 May 2021, 19:14 

Blade: OSP Expert CRWi FL
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P max
BH: Dr. N. Aggressor 1,3mm
I play with K.O 1.3mm first hours and I am very impressed. I am advanced player in my country. After I played 8 years with LP OX , I play with medium pimples more than 4 years and I have experienced with many MPs , for example Keiler , Aggressor , Dawei 388C-1 , Killer Pro..
After video from GeblockTT I thought , that K.O. is for me not good rubber...Not good for controll and attack , to much as LP...
But last time I founded video from TT maximum - Anton Starski and following video with Mesut Barkale , both with 1,3 version.
I ordered this rubber.
First impression was - "That is THAT , what I have been looking for long time!"...
Rubber is save in pasive situations , and in the same time is able for attack , with respect , what I should to do for save positioning on table.
It is not for beginers , but in hand experienced player it schould be devastating weapon.
Against Aggressor ,wich I founded litle bit hard and not best for pasive game , is K.O. more multitalent for allaround play.
Best feature from this rubber is possibility to play short , angled shots with OFF blade , in my case Vodak Diolen MartyC custom.
Very good product , I am happy , that I discovered them.
My favorite videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKFQODd-ZCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uPM6P7Jt8&t=97s

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!