OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Dr Neubauer KO PRO
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 06:00 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
What exactly do you mean when you say PPipes plays best in GLanti style?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 17:20 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
If you play Power Pipes like an inverted style, I found that it had just average deception

Glanti style: Play with a more open racket, attack with a more open racket. (anti spin rubber style)
It is like the video (presentation of the new Power Pipes rubber) on google from Power Pipes made by Der Materialspezialist company himself you see a more Glanti style made by Amir
and his partner. Ball goes more down.
The video from Geblock TT from Power Pipes is more an inverted style, I found it had less deception than a Glanti style.
Tested myself and it was just like that. Of course it is fast enough.
You just have to try it out yourself to see what i mean.
Of course if you can mix these 2 styles, you can have a lot of variation with Power Pipes and it will be very dangerous. :devil:
But it was not really my style personnally. I do not really have the GLanti style, more the adjusted inverted style with pips :party:

But Power Pipes and KO Pro are 2 good MP.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 18:22 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Yes I get it now thanks. I use the open blade stiff wrist with Keiler when I want to return topspin with a sinking ball. Opponents who do not understand pips hate it. The Max Cherepnin videos on you tube with KO and agressor illustrate it well. Also works with dtecS 1.2mm to create a fast low return with some reversal. What I find is important is to have rubber you can also create some topspin when needed.

I am not sure the guy in geblock TT has the best technique for showing off disruptive pips as he is nearly always using more of a topspin creating roll which then kicks the ball up rather than creating sink. Alexei in the TT maximum videos on KO, PPipes etc also seems to Illustrate the technique you refer to better.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020, 02:36 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
KO Pro is better then KO. More control, more dangerous returns. I do not know a reason to prefer original KO.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2020, 09:35 
Super User

I think I can resume my shift from Dornenglanz ox to KO Pro 1.3.
1) First month: too fast to understand what is going wrong. LP automatic technique works with KO but is not effective. Increased racket weight was not a problem for me but it was noticeable and probably helped to readjust reflexes.
2) 3rd month. Speed is tamed. Chop-block and chop are the best way to return the ball low. But underspin is minimal if any, opponent is unlikely to mistake in continuation. Topspin like (not existing with ox LPs) technique (block, drive) has better disturbing effect and should be mixed to make opponent's life more difficult.
3) Half year. Full feeling and control in short game. Possibility to return strong BH balls a bit later then peak of the bounce decrease timing stress from FH inverted. Constant hard brushing the ball in every return. Almost never soft wrist, the ball needs penetrate sponge for control. My playing style still looks like LP but the technique changed so I cannot take a random LPs racket and play anymore.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2021, 03:31 
Super User

4) One year. Technique looks like short pips' one. Almost none left from LPs.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2021, 00:15 
Super User

Tried 1.5 mm sponge version instead of 1.3 I had experience with. The difference was huge for me.

I thought it should improve my attacks but it was much harder to control ball depth so I could not use my full force with it. KO Pro 1.5 is faster but does not have higher arc I have hoped.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2021, 04:12 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
If you can mix short pip and long pip strokes,
this KO Pro can be very effective and disruptive.
You can change the speed very well with it.
In general a little bit more speed would be welcome to put even more pressure when attacking.
I play it on the Firewall Plus blade and can have a good acceleration with it.

I have to say also that Aggressor and KO Pro have almost the same speed
maybe KO Pro a little more just as the description said.

I switch back to KO Pro 8) Why ? Because i lost control against high lever player when playing fast and everything
has to be 100% right with Aggressor. So i wanted a little bit more control exchanged for a little bit deception.
KO Pro helped me a lot and i immediately felt the difference in a positive way and i'm back in the game :punch:

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 05:53 
Super User

Tried 1.5 again on different blade. Day and night. I feel that thicker KO is more sensitive to the companion blade.

Thin KO behaves closer to LP and thicker more like SP.

1.3 to 1.5 transition makes me more effective in starting drive/fake loop. I now can make sharper arc (quite opposite to the previous try). I gained longer dwell time that makes possible to play longer strokes. For example cushion blocks now need more follow through. Control in active game improved. Emergency blocks become more tricky but not necessarily less effective.

I definitely lost in pushing and gained in banana flicks after 1.3->1.5 transition.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2022, 09:50 
Super User

Had a short return from 1.5 to 1.3. Did not like at all. Much drier feeling, less grip make lifting strokes less consistent especially in humid conditions. But 1.3 seems more disturbing for opponents.

Tried 1.8. Comparing to 1.5 passive play has not changed much. No lose in control only a bit muted feelings. Blocks and aggressive pushes still consistently land on the endline. But attacking becomes more delicate, I need to brash the ball more otherwise it goes long.

Backhand smashes I was very sure before with 1.5 sometimes also go long with 1.8. Thicker sponge make the rubber throw higher, I seem fast to adapt my blocks (chop-blocks, passive blocks and counter-drives) but attacking needs more practice.

Chopping with thicker sponge is predictably worse: occasional pop ups and harder to control depth. I do not know how to chop with heavy underspin, so I cannot comment chopping qualities of different sponges.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2022, 07:26 
Super User

KO Pro 1.5 vs 1.8. I personally feel that speed and destructive effect are not much different. But the playing style and optimal technique is significantly different.

1.5 is closer to LPs. Some instinct passive strokes are working similarly. 1.5 makes you very comfortable in playing passively. But you need to hold back your power for controlled attack. Sometimes grip is not enough and ball lifting finishes in the the net.

1.8 closer to SPs. There is a reserve power (more grip or to be exact more dwell) you can use with attacking strokes. But light strokes are less controllable. Harder to receive serves (either passively or actively). 1.8 requires longer strokes that creates control problems in non ideal situations where time window is short. 1.8 affords and forces you to play a bit far away from the table.

While 1.8 is more potent for BH openings (my style of play) I feel I am better with 1.5 at my current level (which is not going to advance far anymore at my mid-40s).

I personally discovered that MPs such as the KO Pro have longer dwell then dwell of typical LPs and SPs. This makes KO closer to classical antispin and normal inverted rubbers for those who want to switch from light to dark side.
Also according to my observations the thicker the sponge the more blade properties come into play.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2023, 00:16 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Am I right in assuming that KO PRO has a hard sponge? or rather, semi- hard?

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2023, 08:32 
Super User

A bit harder then normal KO. Normal KO has some catapult, KO Pro seems to be more linear.

I wish to have an even harder version. My new table tennis idol is Minami Ando who, as rumors says, plays with 53' 1.2 mm sponge under Armstrong Attack 8L.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2023, 18:00 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Omut wrote:
A bit harder then normal KO. Normal KO has some catapult, KO Pro seems to be more linear.

I wish to have an even harder version. My new table tennis idol is Minami Ando who, as rumors says, plays with 53' 1.2 mm sponge under Armstrong Attack 8L.

Dear Omut, did you test KO PRO on the FH side? I saw a video in the 1.3 version which showed decent chopping but I doubt it can be used for a decent FH attack ,let alone very poor for service,right? My friend Merlin el mago here on this forum is considering a disruptive MP for his FH.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2023, 06:51 
Super User

charmander defender wrote:
Omut wrote:

Dear Omut, did you test KO PRO on the FH side? I saw a video in the 1.3 version which showed decent chopping but I doubt it can be used for a decent FH attack ,let alone very poor for service,right? My friend Merlin el mago here on this forum is considering a disruptive MP for his FH.

Not my style but I know a player who plays KO Pro on FH (and sticky inverted BH on an Allround blade) with very good results. I think he play KO Pro only because we have meet together one day in one team. He is not very picky with his racket choice, but your can try to ask him questions directly: https://rttf.ru/players/91745

There is an opinion that Dr. Neubauer Aggressor is more effective for chopping. I know at least two choppers with Aggressor and none with KO.