OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2018, 23:11 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Hi all medium pip converts.

I am back using Warran 1.5mm on my TSP slow balsa blades as although I have found Keiler in 1.2mm works really well against stronger players it is quite difficult to do much in passive play close to the table or to climb all over slow no spin returns.

This seems to be basic characteristic of medium pip rubbers in that to be really dangerous they need lots of speed and/or spin from the opponent and can be quite mushy or imprecise in the short game especially on a soft blade.

Can anyone recommend a thin sponge spinny MP that combines better disruption against loops than a typical spinny short pip with the ability to aggressively lift back spin but also be good at soft shots over the table e.g low pushes and flips.

Or Maybe I should even try an MP in OX to counteract the soft feel of my TSP blades

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 00:16 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
agressor maybe. A bit of training but can really attack on all kind of shot. Excell in blocks. A very good disturbance for MP and also good on long defense. I'm playing with that rubber with a firewall plus blade from neubauer.

I'm waiting to have the phenomenon blade to see if I can absorb these fast top spin and return it with a low return that it is difficult to loop again. More control apparaently than FP. Any one has this blade from neubauer ?

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 00:20 
Super User

Agressor is starting to be very popular as more video just shows up on you tube. Different strokes, slowmotion, test, review, and how to play with it with different thickness and match strategy with different blades.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 05:38 
Super User

maddrag wrote:
agressor maybe. A bit of training but can really attack on all kind of shot. Excell in blocks. A very good disturbance for MP and also good on long defense. I'm playing with that rubber with a firewall plus blade from neubauer.

I'm waiting to have the phenomenon blade to see if I can absorb these fast top spin and return it with a low return that it is difficult to loop again. More control apparaently than FP. Any one has this blade from neubauer ?

Thanks for input. Looks like it may have to be agressor 1.3. Is it good for chop blocks close in and can you also create a bit of topspin by rolling over the ball SP style? I assume you can attack backspin with an open blade lifting/sweeping action.

you will find the phenomenon slower on the back hand than the FP with better dwell and good control on blocks and excellent placement. should work well with aggressor but will feel very different from the FP - I tried both bought the FP and hated it as too pingy for my style- shoukd have bought the Phen. Remember that the forehand side is the one with the logo insert in the grip.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2018, 10:41 
Super User

thank you

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2018, 16:47 
Super User

If you get the Phenomenon I would suggest trying the Aggressor 1.5mm first as the slower more dwell blade should tame the speed problems you were having with 1.5 on the FW. The ball will probably dig into the pips more giving more effect and spin capability and from my brief trial of it the Phenomenon will allow you to place the ball more accurately when attacking.

Since switching Waran to my slowest blade I am getting far more control and spin but still with speed when needed.

When I tried the FW+ I found the ball coming off too fast for good control or much effect with any pip out rubber I tried.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2018, 04:49 
Super User

Should i have more success with the 1.3 for getting small shot and long shot alternance than with the 1.5. ? What about placement right to left alternance. Is 1.3 more easy. I havethe 1.3 for the moment. So want to learn to have very good control than try the 1.5 after.

I may be wrong but short right to left, left to right alternance is better with short distance than longer one where the openant can stand behind the table and have time to pivot and fire his shot ? Also the disturbance of the 1.3 should be better for these shots.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 20:42 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Hi,

If Der Maters. Schockwave is medium pimples then it is very good in short game, I played 1,5 mm in Tibhar samsonov purewood blade.Also controll is very good in all strokes. Problem is that it has not so much deception than keiler has. It is easier for the opponent. Tomorrow Ill try Swave in Matador blade.

Soba

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2018, 23:38 
Super User

Shockwave is missing disturbance. Good control but too simple for the opponent. I think i may prefer tsp p & h. (Lp) can do very nice push and can hit also. But agressor is my choice

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 19:35 

maddrag wrote:
Shockwave is missing disturbance. Good control but too simple for the opponent. I think i may prefer tsp p & h. (Lp) can do very nice push and can hit also. But agressor is my choice

Yes it does. I think this is mission impossible to find the best BH rubber for me. when its easy a nice to play then opponents hits it back easily. Then when its difficult for opponents you make so many easy misstakes with it yourself.
Maybe the best option is to stay little bit difficult rubber and try to learn playing with that. Ill go back to Keiler.

Soba

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 20:57 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Soba wrote:
maddrag wrote:

Yes it does. I think this is mission impossible to find the best BH rubber for me. when its easy a nice to play then opponents hits it back easily. Then when its difficult for opponents you make so many easy misstakes with it yourself.
Maybe the best option is to stay little bit difficult rubber and try to learn playing with that. Ill go back to Keiler.

Soba

Hellcat may have some more disturbance than Shockwave, and PowerPipes has a lot more. Hellcat is rather close to SP but you can also flat hit or flat block, and that generates good sink effect, even some back spin. With Power Pipes that is even more pronounced but it comes with a cost - control.Hellcat can be playes as regular sp in drive strokes or pusches and then just open the bat more when you want the MP effect. With PP it is much more difficult to do that. Aggressor is even more difficult. KO is closer to PP but slower.

I think Hellcat is rather controlled at the table if you have the right blade for it. It has some grip so you can push and also make banana flicks (and strawberry). I have it in 1,5 mm.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2018, 23:38 

Def-attack wrote:
Soba wrote:
maddrag wrote:

Soba

Hellcat may have some more disturbance than Shockwave, and PowerPipes has a lot more. Hellcat is rather close to SP but you can also flat hit or flat block, and that generates good sink effect, even some back spin. With Power Pipes that is even more pronounced but it comes with a cost - control.Hellcat can be playes as regular sp in drive strokes or pusches and then just open the bat more when you want the MP effect. With PP it is much more difficult to do that. Aggressor is even more difficult. KO is closer to PP but slower.

I think Hellcat is rather controlled at the table if you have the right blade for it. It has some grip so you can push and also make banana flicks (and strawberry). I have it in 1,5 mm.

Ok. It sounds interesting. What blade do you have?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 03:05 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Soba wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Soba wrote:
[quote="maddrag"]Shockwave is missing disturbance. Good control but too simple for the opponent. I think i may prefer tsp p & h. (Lp) can do very nice push and can hit also. But agressor is my choice

Soba

Ok. It sounds interesting. What blade do you have?[/quote]

I usually uses Stiga Carbonado 90 or 190 but I have tried Hellcat on some different blades like Invictus (not good, too mushy, but Power Pipes works there), Neubauer Matador Texa Balsa, Revolution. I think a slighlty stiff is the best for Hellcat, like Matador. Carbonado 190 or Revolution vas not that good, too low throw.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 06:00 
Super User

Soba wrote:
maddrag wrote:

Soba

Sound like we are on the same road. Short pips are just too easy for the opponent unless you hit everything flat out whilst more extreme MP's like aggressor require a whole new learning process.

Back using Keiler 1.2mm which due to thin sponge is good in short game and still blocks low enough to cause problems. Definitely tempted with Hellcat 1.5mm having watched some of the Japanese you tube reviews and Def attacks comments on it being part SP part MP

Main problem with short/ medium pips compared to inverted is how sensitive they are both to blade type and sponge thickness. It can be a really slow and expensive process to find the ideal combination helped by trading rubbers with other forum members. What I have found is that softer blades are best with thin sponge so as not to be mushy and hard blades thicker sponge.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2018, 15:15 

ChasFox wrote:
Soba wrote:
maddrag wrote:

Soba

Sound like we are on the same road. Short pips are just too easy for the opponent unless you hit everything flat out whilst more extreme MP's like aggressor require a whole new learning process.

Back using Keiler 1.2mm which due to thin sponge is good in short game and still blocks low enough to cause problems. Definitely tempted with Hellcat 1.5mm having watched some of the Japanese you tube reviews and Def attacks comments on it being part SP part MP

Main problem with short/ medium pips compared to inverted is how sensitive they are both to blade type and sponge thickness. It can be a really slow and expensive process to find the ideal combination helped by trading rubbers with other forum members. What I have found is that softer blades are best with thin sponge so as not to be mushy and hard blades thicker sponge.

Yes we are. I feel best Keiler combination for me is 1,2mm in all+ not so rigid as Matador blade. I use Samsonov pure wood blade. It would be nice to hear if someone can compare Hellcat and Keiler?