OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 01:01 
Super User

Blade: dr neubauer firewall +
FH: DHS skyline 3 neo 2.15 mm
BH: Dr. Neubauer Agressor 1.5
soba, chasfox. Welcome to the club. I feel I,M in a new territory. Can't see a lot of player either playing with these MPs. So far I tried Aggressor, shockwave, Power pips and Tsp Millital. I created a forum on creating a new list for Mp and their caracteristics so everyone can see the opinion of each on different Mp. More opinion will give us a more precise opinion.

As you said, the rubber also react to the kind of blade you use. I tried different one and i'm sure some are working better with some rubber than other and vice versa. I step from the firewall Plus to the phenomenon and it is much more in control and better for the plays at the table. FW + is too springy. You can see the agressor and phenomenon on you tube. When you enter the blade into the equation it start to cost a lot to try.

Finally, each player is different. Their habilities are different. some are beginner, intermediary, advanced. So if you don't know that how can you really judge their opinion ? We always judge on comparaison to our own abilities to do some ping pong shots. So a beginner said the agressor is difficult to control may mean absolutely nothing to and advanced player.

I guess we have to do our own experience.

( I' m about 2000 Canadian rated. Play with LP for about 5 year until last year. ) I used to have a robot to help to judge the reactions of a certain rubber like other do and be able to give a more honnest answer.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 17:34 

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm
BH: Tibhar Grass Detecs OX
Ok Guys, I now ordered Hellcat 1,5mm. Ill let you know how is it compared to Keiler .

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2018, 18:27 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Nice summary Maddrag. Choice of medium pip as you have mentioned before also depends on if you are coming from Inverted/SP or LP. Aggressor definitely seems to favour the LP player looking for more ability to attack rather than the SP player looking for more disruotion., Unless you are skilled enough in all pips out techniques to adapt easily.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2018, 04:41 
Super User

Yep, like I said. The ability of each other is different and so. The interpretation of each rubber. You are better at sp or lp makw different viewpoint.

By the way chasfox, i.invite you to do.your reviews of each mp you have play before at the forum on mp list and caracteristics.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 03:54 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
Soba wrote:
Ok Guys, I now ordered Hellcat 1,5mm. Ill let you know how is it compared to Keiler .

Looking forward to your review, this is one of the more interesting pips out there.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 21:23 

First impression about Hellcat 1,5 mm is that its between shockwave and Keiler. Controll is better than in Keiler but its little bit easier for opponents when countering. Attacking is easier with Hellcat and surely bad for opponents. Short game I feel better with Hellcat.Blocking was different that Keiler so I have to practise that more.
This is only after 2 practise sessions. I used Tibhar samsonov purewood blade. Now Ill try Spinhunter blade tomorrow.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2018, 00:50 
Super User

Please tell us about the classic chop as even if its not talk to much about it i like sometime to change the pace of the exchange with few chops. Some peoples doesn't like that.

Also If you can go in the forum on New MP List and caracteristics and give your score on the hellcat and other Mps that you played in the past, it would much appreciated.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2018, 01:03 

Hellcat got better when I changed it to spinhunter blade. Balls are flatter and sinking is very good. I tried that classic choping and after while I was able to do it somehow. I got nice chopin from topspin when I put little sidespin on it. It was difficult for the opponents. Also my forehand get better with new blade. I hope this first impression lasts. But let see after one week. Then Ill put New MP List and caracteristics.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2018, 01:32 
Super User

Thank you for your info and great on upgrading the mp list & caracteristics.